A progress update: Arcanum Edit

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Blinky969, May 7, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

As you all know, or should know, the character editing portion has been long completed, we, Dkoepp and I, have been currently working on item creation. Weapons creation is completed, and although there are probably a few more kinks (the only one I can think of offhand, one we cannot as yet fix, is that editing pre-existing pros is rather buggy and complicated, the only thing that can be done is to include a custom pro you can base your own creations on). General item is also "done", meaning there might be some bugs, and scripting is not yet supported.

We are currently moving on to schematic editing. Dkoepp tells me he can get that done fairly quickly, barring unforseen circumstances.

So, we were wondering if we should hold off on releasing this until we get more, or if you guys want to get a new version released now? Regardless of if we release it now, work will continue, but if there is a sizable interest in the project we would consider releasing an updated version.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

re

I think you should release what you have now, and release an updated one later, when it is done. Personally, I dont care how much it stinks, just as long as it can do the basics. I have a sizable interest in whatever you have now.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I'd say release it now. Of course, you may be swamped with bugs or other requests. :)

Also, if you need somewhere to put the file, we've now (finally, at long, long last) got the capability to host it here.

Just head over yonder: http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/dload.php
    That's our new download system. I'm currently in the process of uploading all the Arcanum files I've got floating about the place.

If you want to upload your file, go to the "Upload a File" section, then hit the "Upload" button at the top. Fill in the details, browse for the file on your PC and then hit submit (and wait for it to finish) to upload the file.

4. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Well another update I do believe Schematics are fully integrated though I do have one or two more tests to go to check for bugs. Also the armor section is well underway. All that is needed now is for me to develop a basic armor prototype to include for the editor like I did with weapons. Once I get that in all the armor testing can truly start. Though I am aware that most helms will not be like they are currently as most have scripts attached to affect perception. I am personally hoping to have that armor prototype file done by the end of the week. Hopefully after that I can start looking into the script attaching part of the pro files. On a brief look at this it does not appear to be overly complicated, just a lengthening of the pro file in a certain area to add them but I cant be totally sure its that simple yet. At least if you add alot of scripts I am not sure it is that simple as I have only added a few in the tests I ran so far.

Now on the save game editor, I am still looking into adding an item editor section to it. I am still trying to pinpoint the location of the main characters items in the savegame with 100% accuracy which is why it is taking so long. I have a few new ideas to try out on this. Once that is done I can add the basic prototype item editing of the inventory with relative ease. Though the module based items will still be a problem as far as I can see which really sucks as those are the items I know more people are going to want to see being able to get.

As for the official release of this version I am still up in the air. I been thinking of just releasing it now but I also think I should first finish armor and maybe write some a basic instructions on how to create the new prototypes even though it is mostly like the world editor.

5. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

I'd like to see it soon ,don't I don't like being bald from tearing my hair in fustration. :p

6. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Sorry for the lack of progress on it. With the weather getting nicer more things needed to be done around the house and work is getting busier. While I will not officially release it until I get the armor done I am willing to send it to people who wish to have it now without the armor and instructions being done. By personally sending it out I will be able to limit the amount of emails I get on this version due to people not knowing how to use it for the time being. So if you are really interested in having the beta copy I currently have email me.

Our Host!