YO-HO-HO mother fuckers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrnobodie, May 24, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

For those of you that don't remember, there was once this little game called Pirates... That's right kiddies, it's gonna be remade, now i've only just recieved this link from a friend, so I can't actually tell you anything so I guess you'll just have to click HERE to find out some info.

2. jankiel

jankiel Member

Shit! I remember that I was 6 when I first played the game :) Ah those good old times when the only thing I thought was eating and sleeping :roll:

Sea Dog is gonna love this game.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    When I start to go limp... you say "HARRRR!!!"

Heh, I swear, this looks like a game I could look forward to. I must admit that I never played the original Pirates, or at least I do not recall myself doing so. But provide me with the opportunity to stand on deck with a cutlass emptying a mug of rum, accompanied by the sound of thundering cannons, and I'm all Aye Cap'n. :)

4. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

you know me, i'm a sid meier whore... count me in.

5. gamenut

gamenut New Member

where that came from was thouroughly disturbing, but fucking funny, and who wants to bet they fuck up the game when they re-make it? :(
    i think i still have my pirates game on my old genesis at least, so i always have something to fall back on

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Sid Meier is merely a name to slap on products. He doesn't really design anything anymore, I even heared that since Civ 1.

7. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

8. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I sure am gonna love this game but it does seem to be drenched in facist propaganda just because it's a Sid Meier game and mabye a bit too cartoony for my liking.
    I love pirates. Their so appealing in everyway but I'm still waiting for the real Sea Dogs II.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You lie! You lie! *covers ears*

Actually, if that's true, that'd be pretty damn sad, because he was a really great designer. If he's become another brand like Tom Clancy or Robert Ludlum have for novels, that wouldn't be cool.

10. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

The Pirates remake sounds just like Civ3. Same game but better graffics!!11! (and in the end they seem to fuck a whole lot up and over-simplify things).

11. gamenut

gamenut New Member

same for me, pirates of the carribean was a complete fuckup

12. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

PotC WAS Sea Dogs II. Disney just bought the game, changed the title and a few other things, and then released it.

13. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I don't care what you say *puts hands over ears* there will be a SDII!

They are actually remaking Sea Dogs II, techinically it will be the third game but they are naming it Sea Dogs II.

A few things? They fucked it over completely. I don't know about you but I don't normally go for undead pirates, I prefer a bit of realism or atleast some dead sexy, well tonned, sweaty british sailors.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Luckily for me, I didn't fall into the marketing trap. I bided my time, and learned from others experiences. I didn't waste $100, or some of my very valuable time, and now I find myself gloating over the fact that you did (well, waste your time anyway, you might have pirated the game).

15. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

DE, I fuckin cracked when I saw that. Given that it's a Sid Meir game, I'm gonna buy it, I mean fuck, I still play Colonization!

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Matt, it's part of this old chat log from somewhere. It's quite well known I think. Anyway, the rest of it is just as good, but I've got no idea where to find it. The guy who set them up did a couple of others I think.

Actually, you might be able to find it in the joke thread...

17. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

That's from Albino Black Sheep.com. I just cracked up when I read that because it reminded me of that whole thread, which was pretty fucking funny. I hope that Sid Meir hasn't just become another name brand, he made some damn fine games. It'd really suck if the game that's coming out with him name on it is absolute crap. I played Tropico 2, and while that isn't quite the same as Sea-Dogs Two or whatever, I personally liked it, though I know most other people thought that Tropico and Tropico two were crappy games.

18. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

19. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Tropico has some great ideas in it. If they remade it and put more effort into it it'd kick the shit through all simulation games. It's gold, you get to control a carribean island and become a commie dictator, make lots of clothing and tobacco sweat shops, pay the general populace shit all and have an over sized and over funded military. You get to watch all your politcal opponents die from AK bullets. And if the civilians rebel, well, they get shot.

Tropico 2 was kinda weird and maybe is allright but it was just too different from the first. Still if they did make a game with communist pirates that'd be pretty cool.

20. Settler

Settler Member

Ah, the memories :). My favourite tropico experience went a little like this: I kept a bare minimum of corn-producing farms, built sugar farms and rum distilleries, and put a little of the proceeds back into my Swiss bank account, while rigging my fair share of elections. When this got a little tedious, I assassinated my electoral opponent, then imprisoned his four successors, and had them making license plates in my own little Alcatraz, which I then sold to the Yanquis at $5 a pop. Diabolical :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!