Item editing

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Lord Anubis, May 6, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lord Anubis

Lord Anubis New Member

Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to
    a.) import new weapon icon art (or at least change it)
    b.) import custom weapons from the world editor to the normal game
    c.) create new schematics/weapons for single player

besides wanting to add some different weapon schematics, I was considering a new technological discipline based on the "ether" or heavenly glow (idea that light had to have a medium to travel through). It would be based on light, so mix gems and weapons and get a laser type thing (or heat cannon or somesuch). If not a new discipline, it could be a new "found schematic" for electrical, since elctricity can be used to generate light, or some other good reason.
    One other thing, is it possible to import new cities or dungeons into singleplayer Arcanum?
    thanks

2. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

A I am not sure of this myself but I do believe it is changable in the least as I have changed weapon graphics before.

B It is possible as I have created many new weapons for use in the main game. Some of them where originally custom weapons made in world editor.

C. I have created weapons and looked into schematics. I know I can create custom items to use to make a new weapon and I believe making the schematics is not that hard either, though i have yet to really study it too closely.

Oh missed that last one. You can use world editor from 1070 I believe to modify the main Arcanum dat file in which you can do to add cities and dungeons.

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, I have looked at the schematics, and no they aren't that hard. You could substitute either a learned schematic, or you could make a found. A bit of a warning on the found, you would also have to institute it into the game just like you would need to institute your weapons.
    Not sure about the graphics for how the schematic would look, I assume they are somewhere with the rest of the art. If you don't care about the graphics, good, don't bother, but if you do you'll need to work that out.
    Talk to Chris Beddoes about adding new cities etc. I actually would be interested in hearing this as well.

4. Lord Anubis

Lord Anubis New Member

Is their a guide somewhere to creating and importing custom schematics and/or weapons?
    As for adding cities, my idea was to take a few of the custom modules and make them visitable, as well as adding in things from my own twisted mind.

5. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

I have yet to really do all the documentation on how to create new items as I am still testing out all the bugs in the creator I made. Currently the creator is similar to using world editor to make custom items. As for the actual adding of the item to the game you need to edit description.mes which the creator will allow if you give the path to it. And then most likely the editig of invensource.mes to add the item to a shop so you can buy it

6. Lord Anubis

Lord Anubis New Member

Thanks.
    By the way, is there a way to download some of the schematics listed in Terra Arcanum's library, or are those all just wishful thinking?
    I very interested in new schematics and such, since I'm bored with the game's default stuff.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

That's Dark Underlord's department, but if you wanted you could try to duplicate them. I would ask the creator's of the schematics first though , since it was their idea.

Our Host!