How the French fight terrorism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solaris, Mar 17, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Driver tried to hit 'Bin Laden'

A driver in Montpellier, France, has been convicted for trying to run over a pedestrian he mistook for fugitive al-Qaeda boss Osama Bin Laden.
    A court gave the 35-year-old man - named as Pierre, a struggling artist - a three-month suspended sentence.

His victim ran from the oncoming car, escaping injury when the vehicle slammed into the side of the street.

"It wasn't Bin Laden," the driver's lawyer, David Mendel, said. "If it was, we would have won US$5 million."

Mastermind

Mr Mendel argued that his client had been the victim of a temporary hallucination, triggered by anxiety over the global terror threat.

In particular, said Mr Mendel, his client had been traumatised by media coverage of last week's train bombings in Madrid, which killed 200 commuters.

The bombings have been blamed on Islamic militants acting under the auspices of al-Qaeda.

The court in Montpellier also ordered the driver to seek counselling and to pay a fine of 500 euros (about $600).

US President George Bush has announced a bounty of $27m for Osama Bin Laden, the Saudi-born Islamist suspected of masterminding the 11 September 2001 attacks on New York and Washington.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3520266.stm

Well, now no one will dare say that France did not do their part in the war on terrorism :lol:

2. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Oh fantastic. MORE FUCKING DEBT for my generation to pay off. (If some one actually does find him.) As if there weren't enough national debt already.

Funny article there, sorry about the derail.

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

HAHAHAHA. Seriously Snowmane, we're totally fucked. I wish I could declare myself my own country... If you want to sell me anything I tax you, if you want me to do any work for you there are extra fees, if I borrow money from you I take my god damn time paying you back, no matter how much it is. People get afraid when I boycott Wisonsin, etc. Border disputes would be quick and painful. To bad I'm not a large body of land.

4. Icairus

Icairus New Member

$27 million for Osama is not going to put us deeper into debt, on the US government scale that isn't terribly important.
    However, we are getting shoved way the fuck into debt by this administration, but that has much more to do with the huge military bill (closer to $27 billion than $27 million)

5. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

If you were a large body of land, all you would do was sit there while people screw around with your flesh.

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

See? I told you it would be awesome.

7. labyrinthian

labyrinthian New Member

27 billion? Try 25 times larger than that. We'll be at a trillion soon. Woohoo.

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

well thats for everything we've been doing isn't it? Tapping our own phone lines and filling up our human landfill out in Guantanomo bay. I'm sure the actual military action was much cheaper by comparison.

9. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Every country in the world has a massive debt. None of them ever intend to pay it back.

10. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

Israel already did that. As long as you're willing to whine to the UN, I'm sure you can too.

11. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Wow, thanks for the insult. You're wrong, by the way. Israel didn't "whine to the UN", they actually worked and built a functioning, highly productive industrial society long before they got independence. Whining to the UN usually gets you killed while you are waiting for the answer- like in Rwanda.

12. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

<troll>Israel is just where all the homeless jews decided to squat after world war 2. </troll>

13. Solaris

Solaris New Member

:roll:

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

2 thumbs up for being funny. I'd give you up to five, but I don't have that many, unlike movie critics.

Funnily enough, it's also where they decided to squat after they left Egypt.

15. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

a bunch of bastards can build a functioning, highly productive industrial society in my back yard too, they're still squatters and i'm still gonna shoot their asses.

16. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Thank you for yet another insult. Your knowlege on the subject you are talking about matches my knowlege of the Thai language- that is, absolute zero. How...typical.
    And as for shooting- stand in line. And keep still, please. Moving targets annoy me.

17. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

<troll>Oh come on, at least our opinions are unbiased, you filthy Israeli. Jews are like bees, you plant flowers and they'll steal your pollen and make honey, and then sting you if you feel like a taste, or try to get them to leave... and then they'll get tanks and kick you out of your homes.</troll>

Ok, ok, I know it wasn't as good as the last one, but still.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Okay, I never really had a problem with the Israeli's moving in on the only patch of land they could really claim as an ancestral homeland...until they started taking pieces out of Palestine. That's not a declaration of support for the Palestinians either, both sides should be taking the blame. I just think that the Israeli governments got too greedy.

19. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Here's my solution to the problem of Israel. We should make everyone leave that area. Then we should destroy everything that ties to anyone's religion at all. Then people might not care so much about a fairly shitty section of land.

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Yeah, either that, or everyone in the world would attack the USA.

Our Host!