Fund the development of Unofficial Arcanum Patch 2.0

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Drog Alt, Jul 29, 2019.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Decided to gauge interest in future UAP/High Resolution Patch updates by collecting donations. There's now a PayPal button on the UAP and HRP pages.

I suppose, 1000 USD should be a reasonable goal and payment for my work, both past and future. The first new UAP update will be released once this goal is reached.

Feel free to repost this announcement on other websites or social media. I maintain only a low-key online presence these days, so all I can really do is post this here and on the project pages themselves.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Stupid question, but Arcanum likes to freeze on me while I'm playing it on Steam. Am I correct in assuming that "better Windows 10 compatibility" will alleviate this?

3. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Like many 2D games from that era, Arcanum is using DirectDraw for rendering its graphics, this API has since been deprecated by Microsoft and its support is very shaky on Windows 8/10. DDrawCompat fixes this issue to an extent, but I'm thinking of including multiple options in the new installer, possibly a new custom wrapper altogether.

4. Yrvyne

Yrvyne New Member

Possible to include a reference so that donators can now check whether the USD1k threshold is reached?
    Thanks.

5. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Don't know how to set up a donation tracker for PayPal, so I suppose I'll just be giving progress updates in this thread occasionally.

Reached $100 total today.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Things are a bit tight this month, but I hope I'll have the wiggle room to contribute to this next month!

7. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

8. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

9. Yrvyne

Yrvyne New Member

Now that 1.5 is out, the next stretch is 2.0? Meaning that the next target is another 500 USD, thus completing the initial 1000 USD, right? This just to clarify.
    Thank you immensely for your work along the years. If I were to find any spellings, glitches or maybe want to spill a suggestion where would it be best to communicate?

10. Yrvyne

Yrvyne New Member

11. moonlight

moonlight Member

Our Host!