Split-Secon Stopwatch all the time since installing UAP

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by UweWesens, Apr 14, 2017.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. UweWesens

UweWesens New Member

Hello, fellow players, new to the forum, got a question.

As you may read in the title, since the installation of the UAP i constantly see that loading stopwatch in the upper right corner every few seconds, just for the blink of an eye. It doesn't run as smoothly as before, too, whenever said stopwatch appears theres a little micro-stutter, which is kinda annoying.

I also noticed a higher tendency of beinf stuck within turn-based combat, example: fighting that kite shaman at the crash site, my turn is over, shamans turn is over, virgil too. Theres an ailing wolf in a dinstance, but definitely close enough to react and attack. But nothing happens. The green action-point indicators move normal, as someone else is at turn, but nothing happens. Can't exit turn-based, can't attack, nuthin'.

Are those problems related to each other? Are they related to the UAP?

Any help will be appreciated.

Wesens out.

Edit: Unmodded version worked just fine.

2. UweWesens

UweWesens New Member

Forget it, started a new character, no problems here.

Though I have no idea what the problem with the other char was.

3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

It's a problem that arises when there is another location inside your current location map, e.g. the cave and the Crash Site, or the pit in the Forbidden Pit, or the whole underground area at P. Schuyler & Sons in Tarant. I think something about that other map loading when you enter it causing the problem. If you re-visit the area inside that map (e.g. go back to the cave in the Crash Site the bug seems to resolve itself.

I had it happen with both the Crash Site cave and P. Schuyler & Sons in my latest play through. Re-visiting them fixed it, so if you have the same problem again try that - or if you can't think back to where you've been reload a save from when before it happened (or just re-visit absolutely everywhere with a map inside a map and go into that sub-location and hope it sorts it). My personal worry is that it'll happen with the pit on the Isle of Despair that you can't revisit, but so far that hasn't ever triggered it for me.

Welcome to the forums! I hope I was some help.

UweWesens likes this.
  4. UweWesens

UweWesens New Member

It does not seem to happen as of now, but I will test it out whenever it hapens again.

Big thanks!

This forum is gonna be my second home for the coming weeks, if not years. Sweet, sweet unemployment!

EDIT: Btw, was this the correct sub-forum?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Jojobobo likes this.
  5. Jojobobo

It sure was.

Some injection of fresh thought into the Arcanum General Discussion, the Arcanum Hints & Tips or just the plain old nonsense-speak General Discussion is always appreciated - so hooray for your unemployment!

I mean that sounds awful, what I meant to say was hooray for your input, yet if your unemployment isn't horribly financially inconveniencing than hooray for it invigorating you for discussion of Arcanum. If it is inconveniencing you, I hope you speedily find employment, yet maintain a keen interest in Arcanum all the same.

Hooray!

6. UweWesens

UweWesens New Member

Well, I don't. Nice compassion feels here, but unemployment and welfare money are a-okay for me. Been ruining my physical and mental health long enough, I appreciate the time-out.

7. Jojobobo

Fair enough, a period of rest is sometimes what's needed. When I wrap up my degree I'm assuredly going to take some time off and do very part time work too.

Our Host!