What do you think Logan Paul's video, guys?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jojobobo, Jan 18, 2018.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

A look on wikipedia tells me that yes, Uwe Boll did the exact same thing. Here I was thinking it was something more or less entirely new, but I guess not.

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

The video didnt even scratch the paint on my scars but the budgerigar in the hat is a horrible sight.

I didnt think anything of it except, "who? what? ew, no".

As an aside, I saw hundreds of photos of suicides as a kid, and other sundry examples of the heart of darkness which kids nowdays think is edgy.

All this shameless narcissism and flirting with taboos is a death spiral for society and it will be death camps and hangings before the cycle is done.

Thankfully, my ancestors were evil enough that my generational cautionary tale is fresher, and this trendy, naive kind of evil is dull as dirt, but repulsive nonetheless.

Jojobobo likes this.
  3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this, although I did find the video still pretty unpleasant if not necessarily scarring per se. I guess I was one of the lucky one who didn't go out and search for all sorts of nasty shit when I was growing up (though I certainly knew plenty of people who would be on Rotten all the time looking for real sniper head shots and the like), but I'm still not the keen on the idea of that kind of content reaching an ever younger audience.

At least there was a reasonable sized backlash as a result (though I think his videos should have been permanently demonetized rather than temporarily, and demonetized much sooner at that) and I think a few weeks ago the BBC pulled an interview with him so that hit to his credibility is enduring, but the backlash was still a bit on the meh side of things. Hopefully he'll lose the mentioned boxing match and have his male ego bruised, which I think to him will be worse than whatever kind of response he got from the suicide forest video.

4. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    Hi, my name's ytzk, and I'm here today to talk to you about death spirals.

That's right, soon everything you know and love will be toast. I can literally smell the toast right now, the charred carbohydrate fumes are filling my nostrils with the stench of civilization. Some people say I can smell the toast because I'm having a brain haemorrhage, but to them I say "It's metaphorical toast, you dipshits!" Also, the family in the campsite next to mine are toasting muffins, but after I finish talking to you I'm going over there to let them know about the futility of their existence. That will wipe the smile of their little kids faces! When I was those kids age, I wasn't wasting time enjoying family outings, I was cooped up alone in a treehouse communing with nature, while also studying photos of suicides that gave me a funny warm feeling in my pants.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I find you to be decadent and repulsive. Hope to see you all in hell soon!

ytzk likes this.
  5. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

ah thats funny.
    fyi, I should explain that I studied slides of suicides to help my old man make a documentary on autopsies for rural doctors. he was so proud of my lack of human response, bless.
    i dont toy with evil, thats my whole point. only sheltered and or psychotic kids find it appealing, and thats more or less the species we are evolving into.
    p.s., I do share some of your optimism, smuel, and appreciate why you would consider me to be judgemental and pessimistic. that is certainly my nature, and i doomsay out of love because i honestly think some panic would be healthy. But i dont judge you, and even real assholes have my sympathies at the end of the day. and i sure hope for some kind of millenial hivemind to emerge and save us all, or whatever your case for optimism may be.
    apart from all that, i am too old to always be the arrogant misanthrope you - excusably - believe me to be, because a) time has humbled me quite appropriately, and b) it's exhausting.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
Our Host!