[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:58 am Post subject:  Who cares about the law?!

Epic Flail
Epic Flail

Apparently, not the Romanian Prime Minister. When power-mad politicians throw temper tantrums, entire countries suffer for it.

For those not living in Romania or Europe at large, can anyone explain more of what is going on in Romania right now?

“And hence when by their foolish thirst for reputation they have created among the masses an appetite for gifts and the habit of receiving them, democracy in its turn is abolished and changes into a rule of force and violence. For the people, having grown accustomed to feed at the expense of others and to depend for their livelihood on the property of others, as soon as they find a leader who is enterprising but is excluded from the houses of office by his penury, institute the rule of violence; and now uniting their forces massacre, banish, and plunder, until they degenerate again into perfect savages and find once more a master and monarch.” - The Histories 6.9.7-9, Polybius (ca. 200–118 BC)

If you bring religion into a non religious thread, I will do horrible things to your orifices, and I'll use Xyle as the implement that does them. A literal pain in the ass.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:04 pm Post subject: 

Obey your Master
Obey your Master

What, the Securitate let you post that?

Seriously though, I haven't paid much attention to Romania recently, and I am therefore in the process of catching up right now. Anyway, the USL has been criticised for harboring members of the old Communist Party, and the disregard the USL apparently shows for the Romanian constitution surely reflects their view on democracy. Going by the article, what Romanians have on their hands yet again is a party determined to bring about totalitarianism.

I personally wouldn't bet on the EU being of any help whatsoever. The EU is an undemocratic bureaucracy striving to make all its dominions just like it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:50 pm Post subject: 

Untrained

This makes me wonder, and I don't think I'm the only one who heard about this; wasn't there a new country that sprang up just last year somewhere in Europe or Asia? I'm sure it was towards the Middle-East or something like that. It was on the news for only a few days, but what was it called?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:02 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

I thought all the politicians died in a plane crash.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:26 am Post subject: 

Reptilus Rex
Reptilus Rex

Location: In Urwaldland, blowing smoke rings in the Hookah Lounge
harpinche wrote:
This makes me wonder, and I don't think I'm the only one who heard about this; wasn't there a new country that sprang up just last year somewhere in Europe or Asia? I'm sure it was towards the Middle-East or something like that. It was on the news for only a few days, but what was it called?

South Sudan.