A Lot Of Crucials Questions ^^

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by salomonkane, Oct 25, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. salomonkane

salomonkane New Member

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations for this nice site full of resources on Arcanum :

I currently have replays arcanum, thanks to excellent work of the many modders who have contributed to improve this excellent game .

Also:

I have a few questions please :

My Congif :
    xp +
    Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
    FanMadeEd° :
    Arcanum Ultima : One Year Anniversary Edition

1)
    Does ArcanumBeta v1.0 - Beta Restoration Content Pack (by Crypton) and Unofficial Arcanum Patch (UAP by Drog Black Tooth) are compatible with each other?
    (I understand that the Restoration Pack provides new creatures, but also offers a customized GUI [right?], that I have wanted to try)

2)
    About: The FollowerEditor (Drog Black Tooth)
    It 's written , in the read-me, that :
    -This would mean that I can buy disciplines for my followers ?
    How? [Should there be an indication in the dialog box ... ?]

3)
    I do not quite understand what is the mod: Forgotten Places of Arcanum (A: WIP) (by rroyo), this is a conversion or a module?
    -Is this compatible with the UAP and Restoration Content ?

4)
    I saw in the. DAT of the game, a file:. familiar, I can get, having a familiar summon spell in Arcanum? [or is it an unfinished work by the developers ?]

5)
    What is the Arcanum's game Engine name ?
    Do you think is it possible to convert animations to Baldur Gate's Infinity Engine ?

6)
    Some suggestions for essential mods to install ?
    Or about Installation GuideLines ?

Thank You . 8)

FYI:
    http://www.teambg.org/forum/index.php/t ... ml#msg1321

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, salomonkane.

Yes.

It doesn't provide new creatures but, among other content, previously unused sprites to already existing ones.

Also, it does not change the GUI.

1. Launch the Follower Editor.
    2. Launch Arcanum.
    3. Press Alt+Z while in the game.
    4. Open the follower's character sheet.
    5. Change his auto-levelling scheme to "No Scheme".
    6. Manually distribute the follower's character points in his character sheet whenever he gains them via level up.

Note that you have to launch Fallower Editor before (and press Alt+Z during) each Arcanum session.

It is a modified Arcanum module. It's the Arcanum you know with additional locations, NPCs, quests, items and such + some changes (weapon/spell damage, for example)aimed at increased the game's balance. The full changelog can be found here.

It is not compatible with Drog's UAP (as in, do not install A:WIP and the UAP at the same time), but it has the nearly latest UAP included within its own files.

It is compatible with Crypton's Restoration Content, yes.

It's not unfinished. Summoning a Familiar is the 5th spell in the magick college of Summoning.

3. salomonkane

salomonkane New Member

Thank you very much for all the answers Muro,

Precisely, regarding :

1)
    I think about this interface from where does it come from ? (I saw these interface files in a. DAT), I do not get it in the game, It is the Original /Modified one ? :

a)
    [​IMG]

b) [CreateYourOwn, What is it ?]
    [​IMG]

2) Concerning:
    I'd like to know if I can buy skills to Mentors for my followers [display in dialog box , by Eg] ?
    Training my followers , would be great !
    (I really like the background of the Educator, but I choose another, as I seek an alternative ... ) .

Thank You, Once'Again . :)

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, those pics indeed represent character creation screens from a pre-release version of Arcanum.

Crypton's Beta Content Restoration Pach does not restore it, though.

Drog's Follower Editor does not enable that. Haven't heard of anything that does, either.

The only options to train followers are using the Educator background (unaltered or modified) or giving followers training levels with a program such as Arcanum Editor 1.8.

5. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Crypton's beta content pack has some bad graphics, namely the ugly unfinished fire elementals and wrong palettes for all robed characters (you'll see robed characters flashing colors when new animations are played). Also, there's a problem with the hgx (plate armor for half-ogres) art set. The extra animations do not exist for this set, but the game now expects them since the other armor sets for half-ogres have them. This results in the half-ogre character either disappearing or freezing.

I made my own version with all these problems fixed. Maybe I should upload it one day, when I feel like making a retard proof installer. Jesus fuckin' Christ, I spent so much time on the UAP installer and some people STILL have problems with it. They don't read what it says, they don't read what the readme says and then complain about freezes when they continue playing on the old saves. I should've made it just fucking delete all the goddamn saves if there are any. Fuckin' retards, mouth breathing scum with the attention span of a fruit fly.

6. salomonkane

salomonkane New Member

Thank you buddies for the informations, :roll:

In this regard,
    -What is the last current version ?

-It would be Great ...

-Dont'give up The Drog ! :thumbup:

7. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Interesting. I thought TeamBG had disbanded.

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Version 091225 is the last released version of Drog's UAP.

9. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Bahaha, I love it.

10. Constipation

Constipation New Member

11. Crypton

Crypton Member

Yes, beta sprites for fire elemental contains some glitches, I did mentioned it in the Readme file. It can be easily fixed by deleting them.

Yes, this was my mistake, and I did released a fix afterwards. Mentioned this too though.

Really? I haven't experienced such problems. I also mentioned this in the Readme.

I had like two days to make the Beta Restoration Pack, since I got the beta version just few days before Christmas, and I was planning to release the pack as christmas present, so obviously, it's not a perfect.

I was going to fix all these problems in next version (I mentioned that), but after I saw how many people actually downloaded the pack, I decided to not to, since it'll be a waste of time. Not counting how many people actually said thanks, at least.

I have it fixed too, but feel free, since I'm not planning to release the new version.

12. salomonkane

salomonkane New Member

Hello Crypton,

I was wondering if you are not the Author of the custom GUI mentioned previously [b) [CreateYourOwn, What is it ?] (confers screenshots) ?
    -Could you tell us more about it please ... ?
    -BTW, You have product a lot of amazing stuff (network, graphical and tools, among others ... ) . Thank you for this :thumbup: .

Thank you everyone for your participation :D .

13. Crypton

Crypton Member

Sorry, I'm not the author, it's a picture from the beta version. And thanks for the appreciation, I really do appreciate that you found a second to say thanks.

Cheers :hippy:

14. Constipation

Constipation New Member

Crybaby.

Butthurt.

Attention whore.

Crybaby butthurt attention whore.

15. Crypton

Crypton Member

16. Constipation

Constipation New Member

Envy towards anyone who is only half-retarded clearly speaks through you.

17. salomonkane

salomonkane New Member

Hello everyone ^^,

Just to keep you informed , in the context of the development of the Freddy_Gwendo, Baldur's Gate Mod :

Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Eternel (developped in French & English),

The progress of some of our projects :

Tools for the Baldur' Gate Engine, Infinity Engine & conversions from Arcanum / Troika ressources (and others Games) .

We have quite advanced on our sprites and tiles Arcanum's conversions, especially using differents resources from your community.

In this regard, we would like your permission to use your work.

And get some information from you :

For your information we have treated the following problems on Arcanum conversions to the Infinity Engine:

1) Identify the functioning and the nature of the sprites animation sequences of Arcanum
    2) Integrate the shadows sprites converted in the same plane as BG
    3) Harmonizing the unequal size of the frames of animation extracted
    4) Adapt different pallets: to the standards of the BAM (Black Isle Animation) format
    5) Manage the particular case of Arcanum spells and special effects such as eliminate black pixelation observed
    6) Change the scale of some animations to correspond to the required background.

(we are able, also, to innovate as : mixing different materials, like diablo 2 + arcanum to create / modify new tiles, as eg doors)

Today with the help of different tools of your community and what those currently developing as MergeDccV2 by Paul Siramy (***), as our respectively knowledge, we are going to succeed ...
    However, it remains to be request to you some informations / ressources about Arcanum and authorization to reinvest your mods .

Some more "crucials" questions :
    Why:

1) On some occasions they lack the sequences: bx: Get Hit, Why ?
    2) @ Crypton, Drog is it possible to upload the two beta Arcanum versions: the Press and the version of the winners of the Troika Beta ? (**)
    3) What's Utility/Tool would be able to create and export spells and Arcanum's effects ?
    4) @ Cloaked Figure, your link / spell has expired, would it be possible, please, to update it ?
    http://terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=15107

Fnally,
    Authorization request :
    @ Drog @ Crypton, @ Rroyo, @Cloacked Figure
    Can we, please, use the resources of yours respectives mods / tools ? (*)
    Thank You .

(*) :
    Restoration Pack & Tools by Crypton
    Extra Animations Pack (for UAP091225) by Drog Black Tooth's
    Arcanum
    Artefacts
    Tiles (Scenery and Co)
    Recovered art
    Scenery_pieces
    Modules Arcanum
    AWIP6.0. : By rroyo
    Magick Restoration Patch v120422 by Cloaked Figure

(**) :
    http://terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/posting. ... e&p=248005

(***) :
    http://www.baldursgateworld.fr/lacouron ... post298179

Bests Regards, S.K .

Sources/ressources :
    http://www.baldursgateworld.fr/lacouron ... num-2.html
    http://www.baldursgateworld.fr/lacouron ... t-eternel/

[​IMG]

18. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Do whatever you want with my mods, I don't give a damn. How's that for a permission, huh.

19. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Re:

rroyo most probably won't see your message, he rarely visits the forum these days. You're better off trying to contact him via PM or his A:WIP thread. Possibly both for good measure.

Same for Cloaked Figure. To reach him, I'd recommend a PM both here and on the RPG Codex.

20. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I've got his email, address and phone number, I guess that makes me a stalker.

I'll try and get in contact with him.

Our Host!