[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:30 am Post subject: 

Master

True, to a degree. It's just not as fun when you think people are out to kill you or you wake up with a smashed up hand. Or with blood on you you don't know how got there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:53 am Post subject: 

Lord

Demons and evil spirits. Visions and dreams. Scriptures (the Christian Bible) speaks of them and most who would call me crazy don't believe in God nor the Scriptures.

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:" Joel 2:28

Hallucinations or Visions. I think the difference between them is Purpose. Visions have a purpose to express a spiritual mystery which is part of reality. Hallucinations have a purpose of separating your mind from reality. In the past, drugs were deliberately taken as in order to have visions so I would reckon that hallucinations express the inner world just as dreams do.

"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;" 1 Corinthians 12:8

Knowledge of things that one cannot possibly know can from God to aid us. Or from the spiritual dark places to hinder us. All that reveals is light. As my mind is revealed to another, it must be of the Light. And considering the events that lead up to it (which were also spiritual in nature) I believe that my relationship to my soulmate is a gift. Even though it can be emotionally taxing.

----

Of course, the advantage of knowledge of the Scriptures in this regard is that my beliefs about myself are treated as part of my religion instead of some form of insanity. I may be crazy, but I am NOT mentally ill.

90% of the world believes that there is a god. The remaining 10% considers them crazy. This I do not take offense to. But don't use the world insane unless you're shrink and qualified to do so.

----

I mention demons because the nature of the nightmares suggest such, but Scripture warns about removing unclean spirits without providing a spiritual substitute (such as the Holy Ghost). Therefore, I would suggest the church and the road to salvation for those so troubled.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:19 am Post subject: 

Technological Marvel

Location: In an icy cave far to the south, feasting on human flesh.
Mate, as an under-qualified and uncertified drunkard, I can say with absolutely 100% certainty that you're completely fucking insane.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:47 pm Post subject: 

Lord

Xyle wrote:
Scripture warns about removing unclean spirits without providing a spiritual substitute

If you're looking for a substitute for unclean spirits, try online poker. It's entirely unclean-spirit-free. Just make sure you stick to the low stakes tables. And by low stakes I mean $0.02/$0.01 - that way you can spend the whole night on a losing streak and it will still only cost you a few dollars.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:05 pm Post subject: 

Water Merchant

Dear Gross,

You are the god of your own world. As I am of mine.

Love,
Piper.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:05 am Post subject: 

Lord

Charonte wrote:
Mate, as an under-qualified and uncertified drunkard, I can say with absolutely 100% certainty that you're completely fucking insane.

Calling yourself a drunkard, while calling me insane, lowers both us beneath perfection, and, therefore, is accordance with the concept of equality inherant in the law of Love which states "Love your neighbour AS yourself." So how can I take offense to that?

No, that is not what I meant when one shouldn't call another insane. But why dwell on the issue? Those capable of the meaning-that-demeans are also those that can't tolerate Crazy and would avoid this thread. So rather than take it as a warning not to call me insane, take it as defense against those that do -- if someone calls you insane, sue them for slander or libel, but only if their meaning is such that they actually offend.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:11 am Post subject: 

Fucking illogical, captain

Xyle wrote:
[...] the concept of equality inherant in the law of Love which states "Love your neighbour AS yourself."

I see the problem here. I had the same confusion myself, until a judge told me that I'd misread that particular law, and I was thrown in prison for sexual assault!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:16 am Post subject: 

Lord

wayne-scales wrote:
Xyle wrote:
[...] the concept of equality inherant in the law of Love which states "Love your neighbour AS yourself."

I see the problem here. I had the same confusion myself, until a judge told me that I'd misread that particular law, and I was thrown in prison for sexual assault!

Well, there's your problem, it is a Spiritual law not a Carnal one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:34 am Post subject: 

Pax Vobiscum
Pax Vobiscum

Let me guess Xyle (I assume that's supposed to be 'exile' and not Zyle). You're a charismatic, right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:47 am Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

When did Terra-Arcanum become the 'Asylum Resident's Community'?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:29 am Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

About the time gross acted crazy and everyone supported him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:37 am Post subject: 

Obey your Master
Obey your Master

It always was an asylum, unfortunately megalomania has been gradually replaced with meeker forms of insanity.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:32 pm Post subject: 

Lord

Jungle Japes wrote:
Let me guess Xyle (I assume that's supposed to be 'exile' and not Zyle). You're a charismatic, right?

To be exiled is to be separated from your birthplace as a punishment. To be Xyle (i.e. to be myself) is to be separated for [a positive benefit] [see Note 2 below]. A change in spelling to indicate a change of meaning. I sought a nom de plume and found a craft name (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/craft_name) though I did not learn about the concept of craft names until a decade or so later.

I grew up in a United Pentecostal Church from ages 9 to 16 (though, technically it wasn't a UPC church the last two years). And it was during this time that I "crafted" for myself the name Xyle [4]. After my parents left the church where I was water baptized, we attended various churches, predominantly non-denominational Baptist-type churches. But as an independent (from my parents) adult, I don't attend church regularly, though I find myself in the Scriptures often enough.

I suppose I am waiting for the darkness in my soul to be cast out by the Light of Truth (God) before I find myself a church so I don't corrupt the beliefs of those new in Christ, owing to the diversity of understandings from various belief systems, not all of them Christian, that I have acquired over the years. Example: Buddha taught that one should see with one's own eyes in order to remove one's doubts. Jesus taught "...blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." (John 20:29b) Buddha's wisdom is valid in certain situations, but to new converts trying to form their own belief systems, it can lead them astray from the teachings of Jesus. (Or maybe I am just waiting for better clarity about the various shades of grey and color within me.)

And yet, so many Christians reject any idea associated with any religion (and in some cases, any denomination) not their own even when the Scriptures express the same idea with different words. I believe that failing to understand the beliefs of others results in being closed to them by virtue of those outside the church feeling condemned by the very people who wish to free them from condemnation (i.e. by those in the church). Therefore, I consider myself a non-denominational Christian, and my sole "religious" belief is that the Bible is the Written Truth [1]. This means that my belief in the Bible is taken as an axiom or a postulate: it is an issue of Faith, not Reason.

My experiences with things spiritual predate my going to church and are therefore not a product of my religion.
When I was six, just before my seventh birthday date, my maternal grandmother took me to the store supposedly in order to pick out a Christmas gift for the school's gift exchange. But when she told me that I didn't hear that. I heard "for your birthday" instead, but the words I heard didn't seem right. So I asked her to repeat herself. She repeated her lie that it was for another. So when I was in the toy aisle, I was faced with a choice. The toy I wanted and the toy I would give to another. I picked the toy I would give to another, and that is the toy I got for my birthday. It was a He-man with those caps that normally go in cap guns. A noisy, popular action figure that required asking for replacement caps. As a quiet child accustomed to being poor, I wasn't the type of child that would ask for more caps. I can't even remember the toy that I wanted.
That summer, though in my memories it feels as if there should be more time between the events... In the summer of my seventh year (eighth, if you reckon the way of ancient Hebrews by including the time in the womb), we went to live with my paternal grandmother for the summer while my "widowed" mother (for indeed, my father was dead) sought a job and place to rent. Upon entering into the house of my grandmother and into her living room, I heard my mother and grandmother arguing in the kitchen and was able to discern the Spirit of Truth that accompanied my grandmother (May her soul rest in peace). Perceiving that the punishments from Truth were more bearable than from Lies (see previous paragraph), I put the Spirit of Truth into my heart. Thus was the beginning of my spiritual journey. (And my first encounter with an unclean spirit occurred within a year later.)

My acceptance of seemingly opposing positions, such as my acceptance of Jesus as my Lord and Savior combined with acceptance of ideas from outside Christianity or my acceptance of scientific reason & mysticism, makes labels meaningless. My religion is Christianity; my philosophies are many (IDIC).

. . .

All these words to cover that I have no idea what people mean when they say "charismatic."

Charismatic, I may be; but you will have to tell me based on my words because I do not know. [3]

Note [1] The Bible is called "the Word of God" by Christians (which is confusing to non-Christians because the Bible is not solely a collection of God quotes) because the "Word of God" means "Truth". ("God is not a man, that he should lie;..." Number 23:19a)

Note [2] I would say for "the glory of God", but like "Word of God" [1], it wouldn't mean what non-Christians might take it to mean. (Any suggestions?)

Note [3] If you stopped at UPC, then you missed the point of everything that came after.

Note [4] Not that the crafting of the name had anything to do with the church, as I said I was seeking a non de plume (a pen name).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:18 pm Post subject: 

Pax Vobiscum
Pax Vobiscum

Charismatic Movement

I pegged you as a charismatic based on the scripture references that you carry in your hip pocket.

Doctrinally, I mostly fall in line with the SBC. However, I disagree with many of the practices of most evangelical churches because they fail to follow the model of discipleship laid down by Jesus.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:34 am Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

TLDR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:50 am Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

"And the meeker forms of insanity shall inherit the forum."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:18 am Post subject: 

Obey your Master
Obey your Master

A true apocalypse if I ever saw one.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:27 am Post subject: 

Unfinisher Extraordinaire
Unfinisher Extraordinaire

We should just give everyone on the forum a knife and throw them in a big pit. Those in the alliance left alive could rule the forum and post whatever insanity they wish!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:01 pm Post subject: 

Lord

Zanza wrote:
TLDR

Too Long; Didn't Read? That's okay. I was just practicing writing my autobiography. The type that everyone buys but never reads. [jk]

Jungle Japes wrote:
Charismatic Movement

I pegged you as a charismatic based on the scripture references that you carry in your hip pocket.

Doctrinally, I mostly fall in line with the SBC. However, I disagree with many of the practices of most evangelical churches because they fail to follow the model of discipleship laid down by Jesus.

SBC = Southern Baptist Convention? I have learned too many points of view (I know too much). ... Yes, I can accept the label charismatic from a Baptist's point of view. But there are points of view that I won't accept such a label. Views that fail to understand the difference between worshipping God in the spirit (John 4:23-24) and barking like a dog or other noise making. Or views that fail to understand between the charismatic movement and a religion of charlatans. ... I am weary of knowing all of the deceptions that plague the church.

Model of discipleship? I have two views on that. I wish & Jesus provides. I wish I had one to train me in the spiritual things, a mentor to guide me in my education of such things, one to whom I could turn and share the burdens of my perplexity of how people could be so Without Truth and Understanding. But this is my flesh speaking for, in truth, Jesus the Author and Finisher of My Faith (Hebrews 12:2), the Mediator of my covenant with God (Hebrews 12:24; Hebrews 8:6), My Lord (1 Corinthians 12:3), is my mentor, my shepherd (Psalms 23:1) and the one gives me knowledge and/or wisdom (1 Corinthians 12:8 ). For the Holy Spirit is Jesus in our hearts as a Husband is in the heart of his wife (Ephesians 5:31-32) which is why I am in the heart of my soulmate for the Holy Spirit guided my understanding and my prayers to make it so.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:55 pm Post subject: 

Pax Vobiscum
Pax Vobiscum

I'm not really sure what you're getting at there, apparently clear-cut speech is not your spiritual gift. [jk]

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:17 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Pride is also a sin.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:33 pm Post subject: 

Obey your Master
Obey your Master

Everything is a sin, fail to be God's perfect little robot for the tiniest second of your life and that's essentially a non serviam right there. The human condition is not pleasing to the Lord, it seems. None is righteous and all that jazz.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:59 pm Post subject: 

There IS a cow level
There IS a cow level

The new testament is all about sin. Sin this, sin that, sinelly sin-sin. I like the god of the old testament more. That guy at least showed up to tell people they were doing things wrong. Admitedly, the methods used in that persuit might sometimes have been a little extreme, but whattheheck...

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:13 pm Post subject: 

Wolfsbane wrote:
The new testament is all about sin. Sin this, sin that, sinelly sin-sin. I like the god of the old testament more. That guy at least showed up to tell people they were doing things wrong. Admitedly, the methods used in that persuit might sometimes have been a little extreme, but whattheheck...

A friend of mine hypothesises that God 'mellowed out' after he had a kid, and that accounts for our lack of divine floods and wrestling matches with God that we hear of in the Old Testament.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:41 am Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

Wolfsbane wrote:
I like the god of the old testament more.

Jew.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next