Arcanum Weapon Factory 1.1

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by FilthyJack, Feb 15, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

Hello everyone,

I've been coding this tool for my personal use but I thought I could share with the community, couldn't find a full weapon creation program that supports everything, now there is one. I hope some ppl will find it useful.

Name : Arcanum Weapon Factory 1.1
    License : Freeware/OpenSource (Delphi2010/CStruct source on request)

AWF 1.1 Features :

-Editing Stats, Flags, Damages, Spells(5), Scripts(36), Descriptions, ART...
    -Full featured Shop/Container Editor.
    -Everything within a GUI Interface.

AWF 1.1 Requirements :

*You will need a full Arcanum install + Patch 1074 + Unofficial Arcanum Patch by Drog Black Tooth. (US Language)
    *It is highly recommended that you install AWF directly into \Sierra\Arcanum folder or you may need to run AWF as Admin.
    *French Language, copy the files inside '\AWF\Pack\French Version' and replace the files inside '\AWF\Pack\Full\mes'.

Official Download Links: (hosted on our servers at http://www.lotusrevenge.fr)

New Version Available
    Zip Archive: Arcanum Factory

*To upgrade simply extract the zip to your old AWF folder and replace all.

Screens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AWF 1.1 fixes :

-Up to 150 new weapons.
    -Improved tips in the status bar.
    -Fixed a few minor bugs and typos. (sorry I'm not English)
    -Help Menu available.
    -Code has been greatly optimised.
    -Upx 307 reduced exe size to 1,2mo.

*To answer a question, yes damages are limited to 255/field, it means you can set your weapon to do 255 normal, 255 poison etc. I don't think anyone can survive a 255 dmg blow anyway, especially you if you get a crit miss.

The first container called Player Inventory will give you the selected items when virgil examine the engraved stone in Crash Site, so you need to start a new game. All other containers will be available even if you load a savegame.

This is the enhanced release but you may encounter some bugs, please report them in this thread or directly to my mail: filthyjack@lotusrevenge.fr, thanks!

Best Regards,

-FilthyJack

2. Crypton

Crypton Member

Thanks! I just tested it, and must say that its very nice & user-friendly tool, with a nice GUI layout, plus its written in Delphi, which is my favourite one IDE, so I really appreciate that you made and shared this tool with us. I also hope that it will be useful to others, so you haven't wasted your time on it.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work! :thumbup:

3. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Thanks for your contribution, it's a nice surprise.

Welcome to the community.

4. FilthyJack

Thank you very much for trying it, I hope it worked like it was supposed to without a problem. Btw, I'm sorry to introduce myself like that, I didn't mean to be rude but I had nothing special to say before.

I've been playing Arcanum and using community content/tools for years, coding this tool took me 3 weeks, so I could at least do that, and it was fun to create it with Delphi. I just wish I had the docs/skills to do it back when the game was released.

About AWF, I'm gonna release a new version soon with support for armors, enabled help menu, increased number of new weapons and a few bugfixes.

Anyway, your filthy fellow is honnored to enter the community :)

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

This is incredible! I liked the original Arcanum Weapon editor, but this is incredible!

6. Oracle

Oracle Member

Wow an weapon editor after all this time! And a nice one aswell!!
    Great job there!

I would also like to see an editor for spells and potions in the future. I managed to do some of changes in the files myself, but if it could be done from an editor that would be far more easy and foolproof.
    Maybe it's to much to ask but one can always dream right ? :)

7. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Spells use their own scripting language, which is pretty complex and has never been fully documented. I can't see how it can be automatized.

Potions just have either a spell or a script attached to them.

8. FilthyJack

Thanks for the feedback, I know its a late contribution but I'm really glad you like the tool.

AWF is already capable of reading and parsing weapons-armours-consumables .pro, but the design needs to be modified and it will eventually be released as separate editors, which is already planned.

I'd like to finish what I've planned first, but then I can consider coding a spell editor. An editor could safely modify existing spell values like damages/durations/summons... probably create new ones from pre-defined templates (if the engine accepts new range), but they would only be available from scripts/item spell list anyway because I doubt you can add a new spell college in the game menu.

Drog: Considering those limits I think this is do-able, with some work of course, at least it's a 100 times easier than deciphering the ART values in pro files, hehe.

Our Host!