[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]
 
Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games
 
 


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:40 pm Post subject: 
 
Technological Marvel
User avatar

Joined: Dec 12, 2002
Posts: 880
Location: A cold, high place.
It was strange indeed the way people talk in this land, thought Alexi, his thoughts drifting back to the priest he'd met the week before. And of their gods they are so obsessive. If his god spoke with him as he had said, shouldn't he be happy about it? Alexi was sure there must be something he didn't understand about this people's god, but again found no answers coming to him when he considered it.

Sighing, he packed away the last of the fish in his pack and whistled to Fritzen, who was nosing through the bushes. He retrieved his staff from the earth and was just about to set off down the road again, when a noise caught his ear. He paused and looked around, seeing nothing through the dense trees. Then he caught the sound again. Yes, there were certainly footsteps coming from around the bend in the road behind him.

_________________
Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:58 am Post subject: 
 
Póg Mo Thóin
Póg Mo Thóin

Joined: Oct 11, 2005
Posts: 3691
Location: A wee cottage just north of Roseborough
Avess hurried down the road, firmly of the mindset that she could rest once she was safely inside the town's walls and preferably behind the abbey's walls too. Her encounter with the warrior, while certainly unusually intense, was hardly the first such confrontation she'd had during the journey to and from the bishop.

She slowed down when she saw the unusually large man on the road ahead of her. Although he was a little intimidating because of his size, there was nothing in his demeanour to indicate hostility, and frankly she was willing to take her chances again if it meant company on the road.

"Good morning, brother!" she called to him, raising a hand in greeting and deciding that calling him 'my son' just wouldn't work considering his size. "Have you a few minutes for an old woman?"

_________________
"Writer's block: it affects the best of us, and doesn't affect the worst of us enough."
~ Kitty, ImpishIdea

Currently surviving on caffiene, microwave dinners and requests for porn from certain fandoms. Guess the fandoms, win some porn!

Nice Girls Don't Scream Orcish Battlecries. (Thank God I'm Not A Nice Girl.)


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:26 am Post subject: 
 
There IS a cow level
There IS a cow level

Joined: Nov 11, 2005
Posts: 4452
Location: In a can o' Spam
Saul could not help but to feel at bit more at ease now that his former fiends weren't going to have to die by his hand. The gods had seen it fit to send a slayer of their own to aid him in his plight, and whoever this man was didn't matter. He had done the deed and seeing that he saw these people as heathens, he belonged to the same faith as Saul.

"They were indeed heathens. That is why I came here in the first place. You have done me a great service today, stranger, for I came here to kill these people myself. They were once friends of mine, but then they turned on the faith and so I had to do something about it. I thank you for lifting that burden of my shoulders."

He bowed slightly and then turned to leave.

"Now I must go. There is another heathen that must die by my hand, and this one I do not want to miss out on. Farewell."

Saul watched the skies for a moment and decided that there wouldn't be any rain, after all. Another good sign; the heavens shed no tears for traitors to the faith. The old woman couldn't have gotten far, and with any luck he would be able to catch up with her later along the road.

_________________
Dark Elf wrote:
Facebook must have been designed with stalkers in mind.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:21 pm Post subject: 
 
Technological Marvel
User avatar

Joined: Dec 12, 2002
Posts: 880
Location: A cold, high place.
The Elder Woman who had appeared on the road was sleightly out of breath from what had been a rather hurried walk, but looked still managed to look stately and possesed as she came to a halt and greeted Alexi. The self-assured bright glint in her eye and the general look she had reminded him of the elder shamans from back home. Many times he'd seen them assist the unfortunate or bereft with their divinations and herb-lore. While the shamans had always been almost terrifying with the aura of knowing that they walked in, this woman did not seem at all aloof or bad natured.

"Besides, to help a stranger is a double fortune", Alexi could still picture his mother saying as she wove one of the blankets she gave to the sheep-herds. They were the ones he remembered best of all her words.

Fritzen had already decided for helrself that the woman was friendly. She'd climbed down off his pack and was approaching the Elder with relaxed curiosity. Alexi trusted Fritzen implicitly when it came to character appraisal, and was glad to have his desicion confirmed.

He smiled and had started to clap his hands over his heart before he remembered the local custom and then waved back instead.

"I make you greetings, Respected Elder", he said. "I am named Alexi, son of Alexi, son of Vistensky, of Rukanov". He gave the abbriviated introduction since he'd noticed that they were not particularly appriciative of lineages in this land. "Glad am I to assist any Sister of our world".

_________________
Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:45 pm Post subject: 
 
In the Trousers of Time
In the Trousers of Time

Joined: Aug 23, 2006
Posts: 2428
Location: In an invisible Svinefylking, sadly
Wulfhart was walking down the path that the nun had taken, slowly following his prey. He had yet to decide wether or not he would kill her, but thought that following her was better than just taking the same road.

He didn't really thought he gained on her, since he often stoped to look for tracks and listen in the wind, mostly to train himself in tracking. Therefor he was very surprised when he though he heard her voice not to far away.He started to walk slowly down the road, and then caught sight of the nun and one the biggest men he had ever seen, and what appeared to be his dog.

After a short observation he came to the onclusion the neither the dog nor the man were hostile and closed in on them.

"Gretting travellers" he called out. "Reverend Mother, we meet again"

He closly watched for any sign of change in the behaviour of the man or the dog.


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:30 am Post subject: 
 
Póg Mo Thóin
Póg Mo Thóin

Joined: Oct 11, 2005
Posts: 3691
Location: A wee cottage just north of Roseborough
Avess knelt down to pat the fox, her expression utterly enchanted. She had never seen one domesticated before, but this little dear was obviously very fond of the giant man, and that just confirmed her suspicion that he was indeed far more gentle than his build made him out to be.

She smiled up at Alexi, finding his introduction a little odd but certainly far more courteous than any other she'd encountered for some time. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Alexi son of Alexi. I am Sister Avess of Shrewsbury Abbey."

Her back stiffened when she heard that voice again. This hunter was not as vile as the other one, but there was certainly nothing good in him. "Would you perhaps be willing to escourt this old woman home?" she asked, only then turning to acknowledge Wulfhart. "And greetings once more, young man."

_________________
"Writer's block: it affects the best of us, and doesn't affect the worst of us enough."
~ Kitty, ImpishIdea

Currently surviving on caffiene, microwave dinners and requests for porn from certain fandoms. Guess the fandoms, win some porn!

Nice Girls Don't Scream Orcish Battlecries. (Thank God I'm Not A Nice Girl.)


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:22 pm Post subject: 
 
Technological Marvel
User avatar

Joined: Dec 12, 2002
Posts: 880
Location: A cold, high place.
"I will of course be glad do so", said Alexi. "I am myself traveling toward town, and would be glad of some company."

There had been something beyond the simple words the woman had directed to the newcomer. Apparently they had met before, but perhaps the encounter had not been altogether amicable. Fritzen seemed more wary of the man than he liked, but did not seem to think he was going to attack them at them moment.

It is a great pity that my first thought to a stranger must judge their bloodthirst, thought Alexi. It would be better if the world were not so.

The man, like most of the travelers he had met on his journey, looked as if he could handle himself in a fight, and unlike most of them, looked as though he might even relish one. Nevertheless, Alexi repeated his introduction and hoped that the man's aim was not to do anyone harm.

May I receive knowlege of your name, traveler?" he concluded.

_________________
Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:14 am Post subject: 
 
10th level Paladin
User avatar

Joined: Dec 30, 2007
Posts: 2543
Location: Fryslan
"Selma!" . she heard behind her. She turned around and saw Hilde standing there. "Hello, Hilde. I just heard that we are going on a pilgrimage to the Badger's Woods."

"Yes, I know." Hilde said when she approached Selma.

"Where are my sisters?" asked Selma. We must tell them about the pilgrimage."

"I think your sisters are in the kitchen. Cleaning up the dirty dishes."

They went to the kitchen, and told them everything. "Someone could search for the documents about our brother and parents. She is going out of the office." said Caithlin the youngest sister, when she heard that the Prioress shall come to the exit.

"Alright, I will go. Wish me good luck." said Rianneth.

A hour later came the Prioress out of the office and to the exit. Sister Maria, Sister Claudia, Selma, Hilde, and Caithlin were already there.

"Hear this everyone. This pilgrimage is to cleanse your souls. Selma, when you shall return, you will embrace the true religion." After a long and boring speech, returned the Prioress back to the office.

Rianneth came back, and gave Selma two documents. "I think you will find these very interesting."

"Selma, Hilde we are going!" yelled Sister Maria. Selma hid the documents in her dress, and took leave of her both sisters. The group went through the exit into town.

_________________
Ash: [talking to mirror] I'm fine... I'm fine...
[Mirror Ash jumps out of the mirror and grabs Ash]
Mirror Ash: I don't think so. We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw. Does that sound "fine"?


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:58 am Post subject: 
 
In the Trousers of Time
In the Trousers of Time

Joined: Aug 23, 2006
Posts: 2428
Location: In an invisible Svinefylking, sadly
He sensed that the nun didn't trust him, which only proved what a good judge of character she was. She wouldn't let him get an easy shot at her heart, which only made it all the more interesting to kill her. He always loved a challange. But he would have to wait until they both had arrived to their destination.

"May I receive knowlege of your name, traveler?" The giant asked him when he got closer.
"Of course" he answered to the giants question. "My name if Wulfhart, on my way to the town to make my own fortune. May I ask you of your name and maybe I can join the two of you on your journey to the town?"


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:55 am Post subject: 
 
Póg Mo Thóin
Póg Mo Thóin

Joined: Oct 11, 2005
Posts: 3691
Location: A wee cottage just north of Roseborough
Sister Avess sighed quietly. There was little to trust in this vicious stranger, but with Alexi aiding her she would have little to fear. After all, if it came down to it, she had a bottle of Monk's Hood in her basket. A mighty potion for the outsides, but on the inside, a cruel venom.

Avess sketched a curtsey. "I am Avess of Shrewsbury," she said, not deigning with her full title and occupation. He was not a fool.

_________________
"Writer's block: it affects the best of us, and doesn't affect the worst of us enough."
~ Kitty, ImpishIdea

Currently surviving on caffiene, microwave dinners and requests for porn from certain fandoms. Guess the fandoms, win some porn!

Nice Girls Don't Scream Orcish Battlecries. (Thank God I'm Not A Nice Girl.)


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:10 pm Post subject: 
 
Technological Marvel
User avatar

Joined: Dec 12, 2002
Posts: 880
Location: A cold, high place.
"Let us be on our way", said Alexi. He held out his staff so Fritzen could run up it onto this shoulder and then stepped out onto the roadway. After a moment of not-quite-friendly staring the elderly Sister and the man followed him. Alexi deliberately placed himself in the middle of the road, in order to seperate them. He had the feeling that the less time they spent around each other, the better. He sighed inwardly.

Some people can never get along peacefully. Why were we created with such a nature?

As they walked he did his best to make talk of the weather and surrounding countryside, but he could not help feeling that there would be unpleasantness sooner or later.

_________________
Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?


Top
 Profile  
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 pm Post subject: 
 
10th level Paladin
User avatar

Joined: Dec 30, 2007
Posts: 2543
Location: Fryslan
The roads were narrow, and tradesmen and householders encroaching on them. Traffic moved slowly today, not least because tolls at the town gates were often paid in kind (that is, with goods rather than money), causing delays and long lineups. Open drain channels ran along the sides or down the centre of streets. In addition, many stables opened out onto the streets and muck heaps encroached on passage.

As they approached the Black Swan Inn, a bearded and bushy eyebrowed man in dirty clothes began to yell at Selma. “Oi! Filthy hooknose, we don’t want your kind here!”

_________________
Ash: [talking to mirror] I'm fine... I'm fine...
[Mirror Ash jumps out of the mirror and grabs Ash]
Mirror Ash: I don't think so. We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw. Does that sound "fine"?


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group