Something's not right in my game.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by kcwong, Oct 10, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. kcwong

kcwong New Member

There are certain events that never trigger in my game:

- Firearms master quest. I remember in vanilla that there was a halfling running towards you to deliver the news, when you were trying to convince the master to train you. In my game there was no halfling, I had to go to that shed myself to find the gang and the hostage.

- Joachim. In vanilla I remember him walking up the corridor after I revived Virgil. In my game I never saw Joachim.

Another problem:

- You cannot go to Half-Ogre Island on your own boat. Is this the case in vanilla?

- When I chartered a boat and arrived at Half-Ogre Island, there was no ship captain on the boat. My techie was stranded on the island forever... (please don't tell me that's an evil halfling plot to get rid of me)

I searched the UAP info page, but those problems were not mentioned at all. Anyone having the same problems?

2. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

Are you sure you installed the UAP on the right order? As in, Arcanum + Patch 1.0.7.4. and then UAP.

Just checking.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hm, are you running the high resolution patch? If so, at what resolution? All these things are based on vicinity checks.

4. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Yes, I'm running the high resolution patch, at 1280x1024... that probably got the vicinity checks all screwed up!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, there's some extra code added that should keep the vicinity checks from getting messed up, but it was heavily tested only at 1024x768. (But then again, the high resolution patch's been out for half a year already and I haven't heard any complaints about broken quests.)

I just got a report a few weeks ago saying that the captain at Half-Ogre Island sometimes doesn't appear at some high resolutions, that's why I made this guess.

Try these situations without the high resolution patch and tell me what happens.

P.S. Here's that report. The guy's also running it at 1280x1024.

6. kcwong

kcwong New Member

Thanks Drog, I'll tune it down to various resolutions and test.

Our Host!