[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:08 pm Post subject:  How is the Equilibrium Balance Patch?

Untrained

Ok, I have 2 questions about this mod. Note that I have not yet installed it.

First, is it compatible with A:WIP? I really enjoy that mod and would prefer to keep using it. (Not that I'd stop using A:WIP, btw.) Offhand, I can't find anything in the documentation that indicates it is incompatible, but I'd like to be sure.

Second, how does this mod compare to vanilla? I realize that it rebalances several things and makes sure to compensate so things are more balanced all around. The most significant thing it seems to do is balancing magic with tech (which, from what I can tell can both be unbalanced [read: more powerful] in vanilla depending on which you play and how you play).
However, I'm wondering about the new spells...how do the new or reworked spells compare? Obviously several of them are better. (Identify is a good example. Why this wasn't in the game as a spell, instead of a ridiculously expensive scroll, I've no idea!) But do the spells in general feel more balanced with the tech things like grenades or tech weapons? Or does it feel more they're just tweaked to favor one side or the other?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:05 pm Post subject:  Re: How is the Equilibrium Balance Patch?

Mutant Patron of Deviation
Mutant Patron of Deviation

rocksam20 wrote:
Identify is a good example. Why this wasn't in the game as a spell, instead of a ridiculously expensive scroll, I've no idea!

It's a spell in vanilla as well, but it's lvl 5. Also, for identifying items there are always wise women who are way cheaper than divine magic scrolls.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:42 am Post subject:  Re: How is the Equilibrium Balance Patch?

Untrained

Muro wrote:
rocksam20 wrote:
Identify is a good example. Why this wasn't in the game as a spell, instead of a ridiculously expensive scroll, I've no idea!

It's a spell in vanilla as well, but it's lvl 5. Also, for identifying items there are always wise women who are way cheaper than divine magic scrolls.

Yes, all of that is true. But why exactly shouldn't it be a lvl 1 spell? Or at least lvl 2? It makes very little sense. Anyway...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:01 am Post subject: 

Master

You know a lot of people from gog.com gave some good feedback but strangely no one from terra arcanum. I think the players here aren't really bothered by the garbage combat in the game, and that's why this crowd is the premiere fanbase in the firstplace: they could look past the flaws as it was and appreciate all the wonderful things Arcanum already offers.