Make them moan: Lovers' Quest

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by jfkoski, Sep 15, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I remember thinking it odd that a healing spell sound occurs when you go to Madam Lil's. I recently found the file that does that and figured out how to change it to use a female moan or a male of gnome/halfling, half-orc, half-ogre or other race.

02015Bordello_Fade.scr
    0. fade pass 300 seconds, play 21 sound, and play 0 movie, with 60 seconds during fade

reduced 60 sec to 10 or 20.
    sound 12 - female
    sound 21 - male
    sound 101 - m gnome/halfling
    sound 202 - m ogre
    sound 222 - m orc

Replacing one line shouldn't be too difficult. For my own amusement though I used if-then-goto conditions to determine the gender and race of my character and jump to the line that would play that sound. Once you get there I suppose it could be called from any character who provides you the service, like Brigitte and Mrs. Misk (I thought I wrote down their specifics but I don't have them with me). On the other hand you might only need one sound for NPC's you're servicing like Min Gorad, Madam Lil's john and the gentlemens' club owner (can't remember his name now).

01087MinGorad.scr
    26. [change code to fem sound 12]
    32. [change code to fem sound 12]

I also expected more from the lady lobbyist in Caladon. I mean are you going to betray Tarant (and risk losing Master status) for a measly couple hundred coins... I think not! So here's my modifications:

01541Dept_of_Trade_and_Export_Bribe.dlg
    {24}{Gold wasn't the only reward you promised...}{1}{5}{}{-11}{lf2 1}
    {25}{Gold wasn't the only reward you promised...}{0}{5}{}{-13}{lf2 1}

01541Dept_of_Trade_and_Export_Bribe.scr
    11. fade pass 100 seconds, play 21 sound, and play 0 movie, with 20 seconds during fade
    12. return and SKIP default
    13. fade pass 100 seconds, play 12 sound, and play 0 movie, with 20 seconds during fade
    14. return and SKIP default

Here I used two lines - one if you're female, one if you're male to play the appropriate sound. But now that I have 02015Bordello_Fade.scr up and running for race and gender I think I'll call that instead.

I'd like to continue in this vein of what I call THE LOVERS QUESTS. For instance, I think there should be some penalty if you're female and servicing the gross men in Tarant: say a scar from one and a crippled limb from the other? Usually I reload if I get one of those in combat. But this way you have to decide how badly you want to finish the quest and whether you know how to deal with the effects.

I think Raven helps you out in the end if she's your follower and you trigger the lovey-dovey Raven, but just missed it. I can't think of any other characters that would fit for the sound effect though (I know about Madam Lil's 5th girl, Laura?).

2. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

I found something funny. I tried to move the bed out of the wall in Stillwater for the beauty-king. A weird glitch occurred:

The bed graphic alternated between occupied and empty over and over. My half-ogre blocked the pillow/head switch so it looked like people were getting busy as the sheets rose and fell!

I don't know how I might duplicate this with a script for the lovers' quest, but it was funny as heck!

3. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

Moan Script

Here now (if anyone's interested) is my tested script to make your character moan when being serviced by Madam Lil's girls. It is more involved than needed since I am currently testing it to be called for your followers during the festival of Geshtianna. Since Chukka is an Ogre (not half-ogre) I had to add a line for him. It is hilarious to hear moans from my 10 followers! Note: the (parentheses) are remarks for your benefit and are not to be entered.

02015Bordello_Fade.scr
    0. stat 26 of Triggerer: store in Local 0 (gender)
    1. IF Local 0=0
    THEN goto line 10 (female)
    ELSE stat 27 of Triggerer: store in Local 1 (race)
    2. IF Local1 <= 5
    THEN Local2 = 101 (Gnome, Halfling)
    ELSE Local2 = 0 (default)
    3. IF Local1 <= 3
    THEN Local2 = 21 (Human, Half-Elf)
    4. IF Local1 = 1
    THEN Local2 = 341 (Dwarf)
    5. IF Local1 = 6
    THEN Local2 = 222 (Half-Orc)
    6. IF Local1 = 7
    THEN Local2 = 202 (Half-Ogre)
    7. IF Local1 = 9
    THEN Local2 = 202 (Ogre)
    8. IF Triggerer is named 6000
    THEN fade pass 300 seconds, play Local2 sound, and play 0 movie, with 20 seconds during fade (was 60)
    ELSE play Local2 sound
    9. return and SKIP default
    10. IF Triggerer is named 6000
    THEN fade pass 300 seconds, play 12 sound, and play 0 movie, with 20 seconds during fade (was 60)
    ELSE play sound 12
    11. return and SKIP default

4. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

Reputations

I've wanted to add a lovers' Quest to your logbook, but until know haven't found a way of doing it. I decided to add it to your reputations section. Normally, each reputation is listed as a noun followed by its benefits or penalties. I've given you a title, followed by how you got it, but you can change them to your own liking; perhaps just saying "Brigitte serviced you" or some such. Note: these are to be added to the existing file. Also, the last few entries (with dots - don't add them) are for Quests I hope to finish.

arcanum/modules/arcanum/mes/gamereplog.mes
    {1100}{Bunny's Honey. You received a "freebie" from Bunny at Madam Lil's.}
    {1101}{Willow's Pillow. You received a "freebie" from Willow at Madam Lil's.}
    {1102}{Cassie's Paddle. You received a "freebie" from Cassie at Madam Lil's.}
    {1103}{Alice's Slave. You received a "freebie" from Alice at Madam Lil's.}
    {1104}{Laura's Pimp. You received a "freebie" from Laura after convincing her to work for Madam Lil.}
    {1105}{Expert Lover. You experienced two girls at the same time at Madam Lil's.}
    {1106}{Lil's Landlord. You always get "freebies" at Madam Lil's. Fortunately, not many know they're with the sheep.}
    {1107}{Brigitte's Disciple. The Priestess personally instructed you in the ways of the goddess.}
    {1108}{Member of the Cult of Geshtianna. You celebrated the festival with several people.}
    {1109}{Gigolo of Caladon. You "comforted" the widow, Lillian Misk.}
    {1110}{M'in Gorad's Toy. Everyone in T'sen Ang knows your nasty habits after your tryst with their leader.}
    {1111}....{Raven's Love. You've won Raven's favor.}
    {1112}{Sheep-Worrier. Word got out that you paid to use Madam Lil's sheep.}
    {1113}{Madam Lil's Girl. Word got out that you serviced Mr. Franklin.}
    {1114}{Good-time Girl. People say you serviced Wendell Wellington to get into his club.}
    {1115}{Caladon's Favorite John. You were serviced by the vamp from the Dept. of Trade and Export.}
    {1116}{Talk of the Docks. Cynthia Boggs rewarded you for bringing her to the mainland.}
    {1117}....{Madam Lil's Lover. You received "free" love from Madam Lil herself.}
    {1118}....{Winno-Shopper. You are one of the few to "know" Madam Lil's halfling maid, Winno.}
    {1119}....{Ogre-lover. Word got out you serviced Drog Black Tooth to rescue Cyrus.}

5. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

Lovers

Here now is a list of modifications to NPC lovers to add the moans and reputation. This takes the place of modifications I suggested in my first post. I figured that women providing "services" (e.g. Madam Lil's girls) don't moan, but you can change it if you like. It was difficult but not impossible to get two moans during fade - you have to call a script line 1 or more seconds later (see M'in Gorad and Lillian Misk). Even then it's twitchy.

=================
    01087MinGorad.scr
    [warning: modify the patched version]
    25. call script 2015 at line 0 with triggerer Player and attachee Attachee
    26. call script 1087 at line 42 with triggerer Triggerer and attachee Attachee in 2 seconds
    27. return and SKIP default
    31. call script 2015 at line 0 with triggerer Player and attachee Attachee
    32. call script 1087 at line 42 with triggerer Triggerer and attachee Attachee in 2 seconds
    33. return and SKIP default
    42. reputation: give Player the reputation 1110
    43. play sound 12
    44. return and SKIP default

=================
    01483Brigitte.dlg
    {93}{E:}{}{5}{lf6 1}{0}{lf8 1 }//ADDED POSITIVE RESULT FOR LF6 1
    {201}{Don't mind if I do.}{}{5}{}{-39}{rp 1108}//ADDED NEW REPUTATION
    {211}{Of course.}{}{5}{}{-34}{rp 1107}//ADDED NEW REPUTATION

01483Brigitte.scr
    35. call script 2015 at line 0 with triggerer (Triggerer) and attachee (Attachee)
    [45+ not fixed yet for festival.]

================
    I always felt this next character should give you a special reward.
    ================
    01541Dept_of_Trade_and_Export_Bribe.dlg
    {24}{Gold wasn't the only reward you promised...}{}{5}{}{-11}{lf2 1, rp 1115}//ADDED SCRIPT CALL + REPUTATION

01541Dept_of_Trade_and_Export_Bribe.scr
    11. call script 2015 at line 0 with triggerer (Triggerer) and attachee (Attachee)

==============
    I discovered Mr. Franklin is a halfling able to give a triple performance. I've thought about using "toggle on/off" for his suit.
    ==============
    01771Mr_Franklin.scr
    6. fade pass 300 seconds, play 101 sound, and play 0 movie, with 20 seconds during fade
    7. reputation: give Player the reputation 1113
    8. call script 1771 at line 11 with triggerer Triggerer and attachee Attachee in 3 seconds
    9. call script 1771 at line 11 with triggerer Triggerer and attachee Attachee in 6 seconds
    10. return and SKIP default
    11. play sound 101

==============
    I discovered Mr. Wellington is a greedy gnome who usually wants servicing AND money. I suppose one could make him (and/or Mr. Franklin) ask you to service his ogre-guard too. The ogre sound is really funny.
    ==============
    02818WendellWellington.scr
    11. reputation: give Player the reputation 1114
    12. goto line 16
    16. fade: pass 300 seconds, play 101 sound, and play 0 movie, with 20 seconds during fade

==============
    I haven't gone to the trouble of making Mrs. Misk walk to the bedroom. But I figured it should be mutually-enjoyable.
    ==============
    01098Lillian_Misk.scr
    12. call script 2015 at line 0 with triggerer Player and attachee Attachee
    13. call script 1098 at line 17 with triggerer Player and attachee Attachee in 1 seconds
    17. play sound 12
    18. reputation: give Player the reputation 1109
    19. return and SKIP default

=============
    I felt Cynthia was a good addition to the Lover's Quest if you get her off the island instead of to the women's camp.
    =============
    01352CynthiaBoggs.dlg
    {381}{You're welcome. Good luck.}{1}{5}{}{420}{}
    {382}{If you need help, don't be afraid to ask the Mayor or the Warden.}{0}{5}{}{0}{}
    {420}{Wait! Before you go let me show you my gratitude. [She reaches for you.]}{Wait! Before you go let me show you my gratitude.[She reaches for you.]}{}{}{}{}
    {421}{Now there's a reward!}{}{5}{}{-62}{rp 1116}
    {422}{[Step back.] You don't need to do that anymore.}{}{5}{}{0}{fl 425}
    {425}{Sorry, I just assumed...}{Sorry, I just assumed...}{}{}{}{}

01352CynthiaBoggs.scr
    62. Call script 2015 at line 0 with triggerer Player and attachee Attachee
    63. return and SKIP default

==============
    Getting the freebie reputations for Madam Lil's girls was difficult since it wasn't flagged for it. I could have used a new global flag, but instead chose to make the "free beer" flag (2338) do double duty. If you get a freebie, you now don't get free beer. As a result you have to modify Madam Lil's dialog file. If you are a female, you can't get the freebies reputations since Madam Lil offers to pay you for your help instead. Also, there's a problem with the free two-at-a-time liason since it gives you that reputation plus the freebie reputation from the girl you click on to induce the fade, but not for the second girl.
    ==============
    01762Madam.dlg

REMOVE "gf2338 1" from lines:
    297 (NECKLACE-MAN),
    316 (COLLECTIONS-MAN),
    335 (DELIVERY-MAN),
    353 (MEDALLION-MAN),
    380 (FREE BELLE),
    442 (CHOICE)

{20}{I've got the medallion.}{1}{5}{Qa1128 1, Qb1128 2, in2827}{353}{}//CHANGED QUEST TEST
    {21}{I've got the medallion.}{0}{5}{Qa1128 1, Qb1128 2, in2827}{356}{}//CHANGED QUEST TEST
    {320}{[It is more than the cost of a girl.] The coin, please.}{}{8}{}{448}{}//DID THE MATH
    {322}{Um... coin.}{}{-7}{}{448}{}//MATH IS HARD
    {349}{E:}{}{1}{}{0}{QU1128 1}//ADDED QUEST MENTION
    {357}{[It is more than the price of two girls.] The coin, please.}{}{8}{}{451}{}//DID THE MATH
    {359}{Um... coin.}{}{-7}{}{451}{}//MATH IS HARD

============
    01763Alice.scr &
    01764Cassie.scr &
    01766Willow.scr
    ------------------
    13. IF Global Flag 2347 = 0
    THEN goto line 23
    ELSE Global Flag 2334 = 0
    14. IF Global Flag 2336 = 1
    THEN reputation: give Player the reputation 1105
    15. IF Global Flag 2338 = 0
    THEN reputation: give Player the reputation (1103=Alice; 1102=Cassie; 1101=Willow)

=============
    01765Bunny.scr
    12. IF Global Flag 2347 = 0
    THEN goto line 22
    ELSE Global Flag 2334 = 0
    13. IF Global Flag 2336 = 1
    14. IF Global Flag 2338 = 0
    THEN reputation: give Player the reputation 1100

===========
    Laura already gives a freebie when you visit her, so you don't gain anything else by using her with a freebie through Madam Lil. Although if you hire her, I think she gives up to 5 different messages.
    ===========
    01803Laura2.scr
    14. IF local flag 9 is set
    THEN goto line 16
    ELSE clear global flag 2334
    15. IF global flag 2336 = 1
    16. IF local flag 9 is set
    THEN reputation: give Player the reputation 1104
    ELSE clear global flag 2336

=============
    01811Belle.scr
    6. IF Global Flag 2338 = 1 (It shouldn't matter if you insert this before line 6 or replace it.)
    THEN reputation: give Player the reputation 1112
    ELSE reputation: give Player the reputation 1106

6. jfkoski

jfkoski New Member

NICHOLAS the bartender

As I discovered, Nicholas the bartender gives you free beer. Usually when you pay for one of Lil's girls it triggers flag 2338 to give you 5 or 6 drinks. After that happens, you have the dialog option to ask Nicholas for some loving. It turns out the script and dialog is set for him to give funny, random remarks to your proposition. But the script call based on your race has been disabled. Below are the script calls you need to add to the 2nd to last {brackets} for the appropriate line #'s. For some reason I decided to do it that way rather than make it cut and paste. I suppose it's possible to make him take advantage of a drunk woman.

01767Nicholas.dlg
    {106}{-32}
    {107}{-35}
    {108}{-38}
    {109}{-41}

Example, here's what he says if you are a female halfling, gnome or dwarf:
    NICHOLAS: Hmm... me no see bumps. You shure you wo-mann?

Our Host!