Car Arcanum - The Master *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Vorak, May 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

1. Am I really able to side with Moorindal at the end of the game? He seems to just attack me as soon as I get telepoprted to his location

2. How do I leave that house of the Master that I go to after confronting Moorindal? Teleport doesn't work and all of those Tulla portals don't seem to be doing a thing.

3. Should I be able to sleep in the bed of the Master and the beds in the ships hold? Because I can't.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1) Yes you can. Just follow the bad guy links. Just a thought, do you have any dialog with him? If so, avoid the "No more quests!" response.

2)I'm sorry to say, but it sounds like you have a glitch there. I have never had any problems using TP or the portals.

3) Definately a glitch. I got the same problem once after I solved the Black Root Smith/box situation. There's nothing you can do but start over.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news. Check and double-check to make sure that all the new the software is where it's supposed to be, and that there's nothing that got overlooked. Then start a new game.

If you could use more info about the game in general, go here http://terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12635

3. Vorak

I suspected as much, it doesn't really matter since I've really already finished. Also, no I didn't get any dialogue at all from Moorindal.

I'll avoid that quest in Blackroot from now on.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, by avoiding the Blackroot thing, I've never had a problem with the other beds.

As for Moorindal, after the return, he always allowed me the opportunity to recover fully before I spoke with him.

Just checking here: Did you ever do the Arena?
    Did you trade frequently with Angelie? Angelie and Moorindal are the same.
    And finally, is your character a living saint? Moorindal is an evil SOB. Perhaps after a certain alignment towards good, he's been triggered towards hatred.

5. Vorak

I never had Angelie, I went to and cleared out the rest of the Arena earlier. Also, because I followed the basic good storyline I was somewhere around 80 good. Which is actually quite rare for me, evil is more fun.

[EDIT]

I'll quickly go through with TEH ULTIMATE UBER MAGE OMG DISINTERGRATE!!! character and tell you if its still a problem.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go for it!

BTW: 80 good is where I normally am at during this stage. (I do like having Raven.) It's starting to sound like you've got multiple glitches.

7. Vorak

I forgot about this thread.

Anyway, it works fine now except for three things:

The ghost of Bessie Toone isn't in the Shrouded Hills mine. I can still talk to her kids and resolve the quest though, so no real problem.

The Elite Bow Captain from Dernholm is gone, he simply isn't there. (There is another one in Caladon, so no real problem).

The Master of disarm traps is gone, his house is empty. This is the problem, I can't master disarm traps if I want to.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Man, you've got more problems going on than three people deserve.

At this point, I'd recommend cutting your losses and reinstalling the game.

9. Vorak

I probably should, but it only increases the challenge, so I shall persevere.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's the spirit! Never say die - Say KILL!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As promised in another thread, here's a couple goodies I have discovered on Chris' map.

1) Shrouded Hills. From Althea's place follow the river south until you come to a dingy. Use the dingy to get to an island in the middle of the river.

Sorry I couldn't post a picture, but there are several barrels and a naked woman there - among other things.

You won't believe what all is in the barrels.

Also - there are tons of things scattered around Shrouded Hills but they have been turned off with no script attached.

2) Tarant. South of the Boil is the two stone houses just before the bridge. The one on your left has a usable bed. The one on the right has three safes and a non-usable bed. You probably know about the safes but never tried the other bed.

And that seems to be the extent of it.

12. Vorak

Weren't you going to put this in the locations thread?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right....... I was supposed to.

mumble.... mumble.... mumble.... shit........ mumble....

14. Vorak

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our Host!