Car Arcanum - Locations

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Pirate Tony, May 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

Is there a list of new locations for Car Arcanum? I've found a few of the easier locations such as the Half Orc village, the old prison, the haunted village and the location of the Red Bangdellion scourge, but I read of other locations such as the Assasin's village and something to do with Robin Hood????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is and there's two ways to get the list.

1) When you first meet a wandering merchant, notice a line of dialog that says "Is wilderness trading easy?"; that will lead to you learning of the Assassins' Village. At around level 30 you can teleport (NO overland access!) into the village, clean it out and then the next merchant you meet, tell him the good news. He will mark your map with places of interest.

2) At level 35, return to the crash site, go to the shack and read the book on the stone pedestal. That will mark them all on your map.

Keep in mind - Chris added other places that are not on the list, like sewers in Derholm and Black Root, so keep your eyes open, and expect the worst.....

3. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

Thank you. It sounds so easy now. Absolutely loving the patch. Bit short on decent weapons.

4. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, with even the stuff you get at the new tradeposts dealing mere scratches to some enemies, in case you set the difficulty to elite or higher. And you'll have to be able to afford that first.
    I like the mod tho' since i can easily see how much of a munchkin I am :p Mix together a half-ogre, the hell deamon background and gladiator elite class and you get a basically maxed out meele char at the very beginning. That way, the quality axe you find at the crash site is pretty much good enough to go around. Just make sure you do that in turn-based, so the traps won't go off... :D

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At the Assassin's Village is a modified hushed pistol called a Divine Fire Pistol. Heavy damage + a small explosion! I'm in love with that thing!

6. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

Have found the Hushed revolver and I too have fallen in love with it. Unaffected by Magic or tech level as well. Fantastic.
    One other thing ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE CAR IS LOCATED?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep! In the cargo hold of the ship. Look carefully, it is a bit dark, hiding in a shadow, and therefore easily overlooked.

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Remember if you want it to pick the 'Go away evil machine, I never want to see you again'.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've tried the other dialogs with good success. You have to be persistant to get the car to not join you.

Hey Tony.... Read http://terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12654 if you do want the car and wish to keep playing after the battle with Kergan. It'll save you a whole lot of grief.

10. Vorak

Well that looked like some:

*Shameless self advertising*

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony New Member

:eek:uch: In the ship cargo hold. No wonder I couldn't find it. I've been into the cargo hold once, but tend to use half Ogre's to store equipment so never felt the need for the cargo hold. Don't actually want the car, but I just didn't know where it was. Thank you Rroyo.

13. Vorak

I commend your choice, once with the car was enough for me and besides, it cuts down on your combat.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are welcome, Tony.

But on the plus side: Beau - coup carrying capacity as the car, and a nicely powerful mage when you get to the Void. Add to that, you can sleep inside the car while you are in dungeons.

15. Vorak

Well you can sleep in all of the new dungeons Chris added anyway and by the time you get the car you should be done the mines you can't sleep in. Except Vendigroth and it isn't really all that hard anyway.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmm. Even after all the times I played Car-Arcanum, I never knew you could sleep in the dungeons. Call it carry-over thinking from the original game.

17. Vorak

I only tried it because I had a massive dose of poison, no potions and was quite deep in the dark house. One can only assume that there is some option or another that Chris didn't turn on.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wouldn't be be a hoot if that was the game's big glitch?

The permanency trick for Arcanum. Dungeon resting for Car-Arcanum.

19. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Okay so I went to 1000 X 1000 and after a bit of searching found some very strange shit:

- A bunch of Earth Elementals who showed up as Insects on the HUD when you clicked on them (pathetically easy kills).

- An elf woman with no clothes carrying a Helaing Salve that looked like a Large Apple.

- A lot of explosives and bombs liying around.

- A strange purple-blue blob on the floor that you can't pick up.

- A Grenade launcher

- Some other biyts and pieces.

Is that what you were talking about rroyo?

By the way...where the entrances to the Dernholm and Blackroot Sewers?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK - you found what I was talking about. That strange purple blob was a test for the CAR.

As for the sewers: In Dernholm, right as you get to town, look to the left. There is a manhole cover. There's your entrance. You can exit at a couple of others, but that first one is the easiest to find.

Blackroot: There is three entrances and two exits. One is right in front of the mayor's place. Look for a man-hole on the left side by a tree. The second is at the train depot slightly behind the ticket counter, and the third is between the tavern/inn and the magic shop.
    The last two are possible death-traps for beginners, so the safest one would be at the mayor's place. It has no exit but is reasonably safe for a bit.

Beware of Pikeys.......

As promised in another thread, here's a couple goodies I have discovered on Chris' map.

1) Shrouded Hills. From Althea's place follow the river south until you come to a dingy. Use the dingy to get to an island in the middle of the river.

Sorry I couldn't post a picture, but there are several barrels and a naked woman there - among other things.

You won't believe what all is in the barrels.

Also - there are tons of things scattered around Shrouded Hills but they have been turned off with no script attached.

2) Tarant. South of the Boil is the two stone houses just before the bridge. The one on your left has a usable bed. The one on the right has three safes and a non-usable bed. You probably know about the safes but never tried the other bed.

And that seems to be the extent of it.

Our Host!