Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

2. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

Imagine dual-wielding guns. I've always wanted that.

3. Canis

Canis New Member

I have it on reasonably good authority (my neighbor is a cop) that dual-wielding firearms would do more harm to you than to your enemy. Kickback, balance issues, that sort of thing.... Well unless you've got those itsy-bitsy pistols the size of your pinky finger, but that would go against the spirit of powergaming now wouldn't it.

I'm still not entirely convinced that this dual-wielding thing isn't some sort of misplaced Drizzt fetish.

4. Deathmage

Deathmage New Member

Damn. But it would still be sweet...*mumble grumble*

5. Arconis Trava

Arconis Trava New Member

i think it would be cool, it used well. I mean, eventually wed have people walking around 3with like 2 flamethrowers and junk. Canis, trokia'd probably ignore you about the impossibility of the two gun thingy.
    I think that there should be a seperate skill to weild two things in each hand, like a skill like melee and dodge. And you couldent weild two big weapons, i.e no 2 axes and stuff. Like you could only weild a rapier and a dagger (drool), or 2 daggers, or an axe and a dagger.

6. Langolier

Langolier Member

I think the duel weapons thing would be nice. I wold like to use say a sword and those nets that Gladiators used to entangle opponents. Also, there should be some better way to do melee. I always find that when I go melee i am compelled to have lots of strength, whear heavy armour and carry a big sword or PyroAxe. I want to see quick nimble melee as well. They should fix the rifle animation as well. I hate the way they hold the rifles. I can support having reloads for the guns, but they do need to be much more powerful. Perhaps, not neccasarily killing faster, but they should do lots more FT damage, and when you whear heavy armor, even if it stops the bullet from doing regular damage, it should transfer a portion of the normal damage into FT damage. I would like to see spears and pikes too. I think that weilding say duel weapons should increase the speed of the weapons, but reduce the accuracy. Melee should also incorporate more hand to hand, say you might not do more damage, but you are more prone to get critical hits on lightly armored enemies or hurt them in sensitive areas that cause lots of FT damage.

7. cadaver

cadaver New Member

I like the idea for a sepperate skill for dual wielding
    but I suggest that IF you are doing dual wielding it should be 2 the SAME weapons, do you know how hard it is to use a gun and an axe in real life
    so why should it be able in the game (k magic is not quite reallistic but I prefer SOME realism)

and yes haggle and persuasion should be the same skill

8. King_Natstar

King_Natstar New Member

I don't see how you could use two bows at the same time :-o
    and attacking with 2 guns you would use up a lot more bullets.

9. Angel_Of_Death

Angel_Of_Death New Member

Good point :D

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice gravedig.

Although I think I have dug up posts older than that :hidepc:

11. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Perhaps instead of being able to dual-wield any weapon, you could only be able to dual-wield certain weapons (special swords, guns, etc. made to be dual-wielded) but there might be some way to change a common weapon into a dual-wielded weapon and vice versa. There would be some restrictions (both weapons have to be of the same kind -no gun-axe or gun-sword combos for example-, you couldn't use bows, you couldn't use shields while dual-wielding either, you would have less accuracy, there would be a limit to the size of the weapons -you just can't dual-wield very big weapons-) but it would have its advantages (you could hit someone more times before they hit you, you would have a higher chance of scoring a critical hit, you could hit two foes at the same time, you would do a lot more damage if you use both weapons on one enemy, it would be quite difficult for enemies to dodge you and they would take some fatigue damage -have you ever tried to avoid being hit by someone using two weapons?-, etc.). Also, dual-wielding should be another skill apart from melee (ie. melee would be how good you are at using one weapon, dual-wielding how good you are at using two).

12. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

I support Any weapon Dual Wield, except weapon that "Must use two hands, e.g. bow. Yes that may look weird, and the game will give you tons of penalty on dual wield, and rising skill of "Dual Wield" can reduce the penalty. And also you need both firearm and melee to "Axe/Handgun", it cost much CP. But this freedom of choice enable more fun looking and role playing. Just to make sure "Dual Wield" won't get more powerful than normal wielding.

Yet Dual wield is always useful, for special effect weapon although hit chance and damage are reduced, you can put more special effect on enemy.

13. cadaver

cadaver New Member

higher crit failure and higher crit succes

14. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

Hm...... yes, critical hit and miss chance will count melee/firearm/throwing level(s). I am looking forward to see a low skill newbie kill himself by two axes! Sounds fun to guess which axe cut his head down first! :D

By the way, can there be one-handed mech crossbow that can reload automatically, so that bow skill can also have one-handed weapon for dual wield? That will be amazing to hold both crossbow and handgun in the same time!

15. Ferret

Ferret New Member

A normal crossbow still needs two hands to operate. Reloading is done by shifting the hand positions and pulling a bar back before cocking another bolt.

However, I'd like to see the inclusion of a mini crossbow. They had them around during the victorian ages and were highly accurate. They were about 8 inches long and 6 inches across, and so could be hidden in a pocket. They were light weight, easy to use and highly useful. They were also used one handed unless reloading, where you needed two. Their main disadvantage was that they only had about 1/3 the range of a normal crossbow and just less than half the penetrating power, being able to penetrate chain, but not plate armour.

I think it would be a cool to include them as a cut down, single handed ranged weapon, for tech types only though since they require mechanics.

I also think it would be great to include a mechanical schematic ability that adds an autoloader to crossbows to make them fire twice as fast, negating the need to pul the bar and cock the bolt. Once the autoloader had been attached, not only could you then use one with a shield, but you could also dual wield them because you would no longer need two hands free to reload them (you can use a shield to brace it against for reloading, so you can still equip a mini crossbow single handed with a shield. However, you cannot brace it against another weapon).

16. gargob

gargob New Member

I think there should be a shcematic which let's you build two mechanical arms. Imagine four hands each with a sword. :lol:

Or building an army of robots which you can customize. Imagine !0 automations each dual-wielding bazookas.

17. cadaver

cadaver New Member

just wear 2 shields :D
    damn i love it to be a MAGE :D:p

18. Zen

Zen New Member

Ferret; don`t ask me how they work, but I`ve been told there exists "repeater" crossbows.

A pump-action crossbow with a magazine I can understand, but how the heck you get a "selfreloading" mechanism on a bow is beyond me..

- Zen

19. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Well, the selfreloading meachanism usually uses a magaizine with about 20 bolts in it. It's usually in the form of a stack in a casing that plugs in from the bottom, with a spring loading mechanism. Once you release the trigger, the bar is automatically tensioned and a bolt slips into place. You have to change the magazine though, but you get about 20 hassle-free shots each time. It has been done. I had a friend a long time ago who used to shoot rabbits with one for local farmers.

And Cadaver, how on earth do you plan to a) cast spells or b) see anything or c) when wielding two shields at once?

20. cadaver

cadaver New Member

A) casting spells is done with the mounth
    that lizard has said that they olso have powerfull WORDS, and that is for me enough to know that you cast spells with your mounth (but when you get the vid in thanatos, you will see using the hands so I am quite unsure)
    B)well you olso have little shields
    or you can make a shield of glass? :lol::lol:

Our Host!