Arcanum wiki?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by DokEnkephalin, Dec 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

You're a canned shit! See, now I'm as good as coming up with insults and comebacks as you are.

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Don't mind Drog. He's a bit irritable at times.

And he isn't banned out of respect for the mods he did for the community. He more-or-less reinvented the game.

3. werozzi

werozzi Member

He's like me crazy grandpa, still 'ere only for his merits.

4. SpaceDog93

SpaceDog93 New Member

And don't forget staying alive just to spite people. Even after two strokes and cancer, mine's still got the strength to be the same old bastard he's always been.

5. werozzi

werozzi Member

Yeah, those old wackos, one stroke, one brain attack, and a useless arm, yet he still rides his Harley at 78!

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

So you're giving him respect despite that he doesn't respect anyone else here. When he was still modding, I could see it. Now he's trolling.

7. Leonidus

Leonidus Member

I really want to contribute to this, whenever I decide not to play games instead.

My half-assed support will hopefully blossom into full-fledged support. I like contributing to the knowledge of this game, so I will probably get around to it again.

8. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

You guys realize, by the way, that there's actually more to this website than just the forum? If you go to the main page, there's information there regarding Arcanum. You can use that just as readily as you might use Mike's or Gamespot. Just saying...

...and if all our shit is out of date and broken, you can inform me, and I'll put in the change requests.

9. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I remember some errors I stumbled upon on our main page. Can go through it and suggest corrections some time soon.

10. Charonte

Charonte Member

Re:

Under DER all schools are already required to provide 1 device per senior secondary student - in many cases this means a take-home device.

It's not as simple as just jumping ship to Open Source -- all the infrastructure is M$ oriented and has been for years; the amount of work (and hence cost) involved in shifting to linux would be astronomical -- think about retraining all IT staff for a start. I don't think it'll happen in the short-term.

It would make my day if it did happen mind you, but I'm not expecting anything less than a half-arse solution for 5+ years. Especially with DER finishing.

11. QuiteAbitLate

QuiteAbitLate New Member

I've picked this project back up again, and am currently designing a wikia logo for the welcome/home page. Does anyone on here happen to know the font the Arcanum banner uses? (The gold script-esque writing) :)

Edit: I've scrounged around on a few online forums and found the font for the under text for 'Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura', but I'm still unable to find the original Arcanum font; I'm beginning to think it was custom designed. :(

For future reference, the font may be found here:
    http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/651

12. soshial

soshial New Member

By the way, there already is an Arcanum wikia, which was created back in 2011, I suppose.
    And there is some activity. Maybe we could switch our efforts to that one?

13. Jojobobo

I'm surprised there's actually some useful information about followers on that wikia, plus the schematics page appears to be quite useful. If I get some time, I might add some info to it - the schematics page could also do with the points you require to produce that schematic in addition to what level that corresponds to so that people know how many tech manuals used to produce an item.

14. soshial

soshial New Member

Re:

This is nice that somebody found it useful. Maybe for starters we might just copy all info from GameBanshee and wikify it (that's what I might do). Do you really think that there is a lot of errors?

15. Jojobobo

No there doesn't seem to be many errors from what I can make out, and it does have some information not everyone would be aware of such as how to retain Thorvald after entering the Wheel Clan.

16. soshial

soshial New Member

Re:

This is inspiring. I also hope that the topic starter will appear and we can decide what to do with the old one.

17. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Re:

No longer possible, I fixed all the errors in his script. Now he warns you a few times if you take him to a different location and then finally leaves. Forever. Randver will mention that he got back safely on his own, though.

Anyway, Arcanum is a niche game, of course it will never get a full fledged wiki. Still, there are a few competent guides around the web, it's more than enough.

18. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Or you could just say you're not interested.

19. Jojobobo

Re: Re:

I wasn't aware that you've fixed it. I guess that would be something else that would need to be incorporated into a wikia - the discrepancies between the vanilla version and your UAP. I'd imagine that your patch is almost canonical now, or at least its use is fairly widespread, so it seems like a necessary addition.

20. soshial

soshial New Member

Re: Re:

Yes, exactly. I suppose, this is exactly an info that should be there. I remember playing Skyrim and quite frequently there on quests' pages was written in which versions some bugs might appear.

Our Host!