[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm Post subject: 

Mutant Patron of Deviation

Boom, (Small/Medium/Large) Oiled Thieves Leather.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:42 pm Post subject: 

Expert

Hah, Oiled Thieves Leather? I would never have imagined that this armour had those bonuses. Seemed just too mundane.

EDIT: Okay, I've got three more;

1) An item, (no wait, make that anything besides a background) that gives you a bonus (even if temporary) to your throwing skill.

2) Two reputations; Killer of the beautiful Clarissa Shalmo and Murderer of Kal-N'driel, the Healing Master.

3) How do you use Kerghan's unique magic against him?

I haven't gotten an answer for number 1 & 2 though.

Last edited by Deman on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:10 pm Post subject: 

Deman wrote:
Muro wrote:
Black Adder Empress (creature)

Did you mean Dark Adder Empress? If that’s so, then this snake-like creature can also be found in K’na T’ha.

Indeed, I meant "Dark". Glad the mistake didn't stop you from finding it.

Deman wrote:
1) An item, (no wait, make that anything besides a background) that gives you a bonus (even if temporary) to your throwing skill.

2) Two reputations; Killer of the beautiful Clarissa Shalmo and Murderer of Kal-N'driel, the Healing Master.

3) How do you use Kerghan's unique magic against him?

I haven't got an answer for number 1 & 2 though.

I assume 1) and 2) are questions rather than riddles.
1) I do not recall anything like that in the game.
2) Those reputations appear to be unacquirable.
3) Reflective shield? If that's not it, you might want to be a bit more specific.

Jojobobo wrote:
Two wielded katanas

No one has guessed it for all these months so I might as well do it: they're wielded by two high level half ogres guarding King Farad's chamber in Caladon.

Jojobobo wrote:
Strong poison found on the floor

There's one in K'an T'au's chamber in the Castle of S'nel N'fa.

Jojobobo wrote:
Like Muro's rustic finery, two fine suits with a white sprites, I won't say which size to keep things a bit more tricky

There's a gnome noble wandering around Caladon. He has 73 coins in his pouch, wields a plain dagger, wears shoes, a copper ring and a small nice suit with white sprites.

I have yet to find the second white fine suit.

Jojobobo wrote:
A gnome carrying a regular staff (lady gnome city dweller walking around Caladon in a black(ish) dress)

A lady gnome city dweller walking around Caladon in a black(ish) dress.

Jojobobo wrote:
A person carrying corrosive acid

An elf city dweller standing outside the Sobbing Onion in Caladon.

Deman wrote:
A single air elemental

Air Master's chamber in Tulla.

Jojobobo wrote:
Two envenomed swords excluding the one found on Grunwalde and the one available for purchase in Stillwater. Must be found not crafted.

In the First Panarii temple in Caladon four chainmail-clad human priests guard the two staircases in pairs. One of the priests in each pair wields an envenomed sword.

Found this just yesterday. Damn was this hard yet incredibly satisfying to finally find.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

By going through the thread, I assembled a (hopefully complete) running summary for not yet found targets and their corresponding hints. I'm adding a new hint to the first of my targets, other may follow once I come up with them.

TARGETS:

Muro's targets:
  • Diseased Chain Mail. It's in a chest along with some other magick-related toys. New hint: The place it's in, I tell ya, it's pretty hot in there.
  • A very rare technological potion. When used on a NPC, it summons a random wild animal (from a wolf to a forest ape) which attacks the NPC. Cannot be bought or created. Only one copy of this item can be found the whole game world. Not an item quest. No one ever asks for it nor even mentions it. Not in the BMC, Wheel Clan, Stonecutter Clan, Mysterious ruins of the wastes, Vendigroth Ruins, Shades Beach, Half Ogre Island, Iron Clan or Place of Lost Voices.
  • Scroll of Familiar. Found rather than bought. Not the one on Harold Sumner in Tulla.
  • A wielded Axe of Strength.
Jojobobo's targets:
  • One fine suit with white sprites, I won't say which size to keep things a bit more tricky. Other than the one worn by the gnome noble wandering around Caladon.
  • A character with only a dagger of speed and a potion of heal lesser wounds in their inventory
  • Two large gears in one container/on one person
  • A rustic dress with the sprite of an elegant dress
  • A quality iron shield found on the floor, I will mention it's hard to spot
  • Two more vials of poison; excluding the three previously found at Razors Pointe, Adam Maxwell's house and Caladon's high security prison. They're both in people's inventories.
  • A character who drops an item after being disintergrated. I have killed the character by other means and the item is indeed already in the person's inventory, not just conveniently beneath them or something else that may make it look like the character dropped the item upon disintergration when this actually isn't the case. The item and character I am referring to are in no way related to the main quest.
Deman's targets:
  • If you want to smack someone with Torian Kel's ancestral sword or Kryggird's Falchion outside the Void (in the vanilla game) what do you do?

Take a look at the following individuals and I'll bet you'll figure it out;
      Sea Captain, Train Conductor, Quintarra's and T'seng Ang's entry guards, Priestress Birgit, Gorrin (possibly). There's another one, whom I personally prefer, but I won't mention anything other than that he/she can be found underground.

Oh, and another thing to remember is to keep their reaction towards you above 50. Not necessary but it surely makes things easier.

Hint: Most of the time, my favorite spells were Dominate Will, Teleport and Resurrect.

Actually, by possibly taking advantage of this trick found by Muro, you can make it to the Void almost from the get-go.
  • How do you become cherished as the hero and despised as the outlaw of Shrouded Hills at the same time?
  • If you play your cards right, you should be able to collect three magic crystal balls in Madame Toussade's house. How?
  • Name how you can get at least two examples of the item “Debt of Bessie Toone mine” from Stanton. Acquiring unlimited is again gold star material (not possible with the UAP though).
  • A single demi-liche. A "mummy-isque" creature.
  • This last one I'll just quote as a whole:
    Deman wrote:

Face off a havoc wreaking Kerghan in the land of the living (prior to the ending slide)

Requirements; an item that deals fatigue damage over time, an item that allows you to kill indirectly, fatigue replenishment, a specific follower (other than Virgil) and four spells (one of them being a shapeshifting spell).

There you have it. It’s possible going back and forth between Arcanum and the Void without the use of the debug menu.
    I purposely didn't say it flat out before, in hope to cause some confusion with the former target. Two hints for this target;

- Fatigue damage has to be dealt to the living one

- "Humanoid Kerghan" has to die once while still being in the Void

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:52 pm Post subject: 

Expert

Muro wrote:
Diseased Chain Mail. It's in a chest along with some other magick-related toys. New hint: The place it's in, I tell ya, it's pretty hot in there.

Fuck, I can't remember where I got this but you conveniently didn't say that's it Small Diseased Chain Mail.
Muro wrote:
A single demi-liche. A "mummy-isque" creature.

This?

And mine hunt.
Just one question: where?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:15 am Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Location: There's a place for people like me, don't you worry.
Correct on all counts Muro, well done!
Muro wrote:
  • Diseased Chain Mail. It's in a chest along with some other magick-related toys. New hint: The place it's in, I tell ya, it's pretty hot in there.
Because of the hint, I finally found this! It's in the penultimate chest in the Bangelian Deeps.

Having said that, that was the only item I was able to find of yours! I'll have a more thorough search later.

I'll add some hints to mine to make things a bit easier:
  • A quality iron shield found on the floor, I will mention it's hard to spot. Hint: It's in a place of residence
  • Two more vials of poison; excluding the three previously found at Razors Pointe, Adam Maxwell's house and Caladon's high security prison. They're both in people's inventories. Hint: I'd like to think the subtext to why they have the poison is because they're plotting against their superiors
  • A character who drops an item after being disintergrated. I have killed the character by other means and the item is indeed already in the person's inventory, not just conveniently beneath them or something else that may make it look like the character dropped the item upon disintergration when this actually isn't the case. The item and character I am referring to are in no way related to the main quest. Hint: It is however a quest item, just not the main quest.
And a few new targets:
  • Two carried - not equipped - sets of Oiled Thieves Leather, I won't comment on size to keep things interesting. This one should be positively fiendish.
  • A completely empty room. No containers, no windows, no lanterns or wall mountings, no other un-interactable items (chairs, etc.) of any sort. All the room has is a door.
  • A pocket watch in a non-random container underground. Some subterfuge has been deployed with this target.
  • An animal carrying money
I'll put a list of the current targets of the first page of the thread and keep it updated, that way there won't be as much trawling through the thread to find past targets.
Pyotr wrote:
And mine hunt.

Do you mean this situation is one you want people to find? I wasn't sure with how you phrased it, if so I'll add it to the list.

Last edited by Jojobobo on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:40 am Post subject: 

Good job on finding the chainmail, Jojobobo.

Jojobobo wrote:
  • An animal carrying money

The wererat guarding a particular pair of skulls in a warehouse in Tarant carries some money, if we consider such a shapeshifter an animal.

Pyotr wrote:
Fuck, I can't remember where I got this but you conveniently didn't say that's it Small Diseased Chain Mail.

True, though that would be because it conveniently isn't small. The Diseased Chain Mail is medium sized. Are you sure we're talking about the same item?

Pyotr wrote:
And mine hunt.

Near Tarant, a few screens east and a bit south of the Wise Woman's camp.

Pyotr wrote:

While I can't be sure since it's Deman's target, there's a creature called a Demi-Liche in the game files (mummy, yellow skin, white wrap) and I'm guessing that's what he's referring to.

By the way Deman, would the creature you had in mind to be located in the home of the Stonecutter Clan? There's a Black Defiler (black lich) with a group of Black Defiler Slaves (yellow&white mummies) there, and I just had a vague recollection that one of the Slaves might have been a Demi-Liche in an earlier version of the game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 am Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Muro wrote:
Good job on finding the chainmail, Jojobobo.

Honestly I don't know why I didn't find it before, I've definitely been in the Bangelian Deeps searching for targets previously. Maybe I just assumed it was some sort of regular charmed chainmail when I saw it in the chest, that'll teach me for being complacent!

Muro wrote:
The wererat guarding a particular pair of skulls in a warehouse in Tarant carries some money, if we consider such a shapeshifter an animal.

Well as I've never seen them transform Cynthia Wit style, I always just think of them as animals. This was indeed the animal I had in mind.

EDIT: So I'll add one more target and then I'll wait till more of mine are solved before adding more. It's a problem solving one in the vein of Deman's...
  • How do you make someone permenantly invisible without the use of any spells or scrolls? By permenantly invisible I don't mean give them the Ring of Shadows and heal them a ridiculous amount either - when the effect is in place you should be safe to leave them in a permenant state of invisibility. This is acheivable in the current UAP.
EDIT 2:
Muro wrote:
  • A wielded Axe of Strength.
On one of the guards guarding the Pits of Dernholm. This item was a pest as I knew I'd seen it on someone before. As soon as I saw the guards I remembered that one of them had it on them, trouble is it took me actually seeing the guards in the flesh to jog my memory.

Also a quick question, does your elusive technological potion have a unique inventory sprite? I don't want to find a container somewhere and think "Oh that's just another healing potion" when really the potion itself shares a mundane inventory sprite.

As a small point, I've changed "betters" in the hint for the vials of poison to "superiors" as it's more accurate. Betters can imply being better in almost any way, superiors implies higher rank.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:24 pm Post subject: 

Jojobobo wrote:
  • How do you make someone permenantly without the use of meta abuse? By permenantly invisible I don't mean give them the Ring of Shadows and heal them a ridiculous amount either - when the effect is in place you should be safe to leave them in a permenant state of invisibility. This is acheivable in the current UAP.

1. Have an NPC equip the Ring of Shadows.
2. Wait till the NPC faints.
3. Pickpocket the Ring of Shadows from the NPC (20 perception required; Sense Hidden would work but you said no spells).
4. Result: permanently invisible NPC (though the effect can be remove with further toying with the ring).
Can be performed on the player character without pickpocketing or 20 perception by equipping the ring and taking it off while unconscious.

Jojobobo wrote:
On one of the guards guarding the Pits of Dernholm.

You're on a roll today. Nicely done.

Jojobobo wrote:
Also a quick question, does your elusive technological potion have a unique inventory sprite?

Indeed it does. Here's what you're looking for:

Guess it could be confused with animal scent, though that one's a bit different as seen below:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:28 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Muro wrote:
1. Have an NPC equip the Ring of Shadows.
2. Wait till the NPC faints.
3. Pickpocket the Ring of Shadows from the NPC (20 perception required; Sense Hidden would work but you said no spells).
4. Result: permanently invisible NPC (though the effect can be remove with further toying with the ring).
Can be performed on the player character without pickpocketing or 20 perception by equipping the ring and taking it off while unconscious.

Yeah this was pretty much what I had in mind, but I let them die and then took the ring off them and used a restore life (or resurrection with spells).

Muro wrote:
Indeed it does. Here's what you're looking for:

I have to say that's not much of a relief, I guess if it did share a common sprite then I could have just over-looked it but now I can be certain I have genuinely never seen it before!

Last edited by Jojobobo on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:35 pm Post subject: 

Expert

Muro wrote:
True, though that would be because it conveniently isn't small. The Diseased Chain Mail is medium sized. Are you sure we're talking about the same item?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/arcanum/equipment/torso.php
There is only one armor, which has "Diseased" in its name and it is indeed small chainmail. And it can be obtained way before Bangelian Deeps.
Muro wrote:
Near Tarant, a few screens east and a bit south of the Wise Woman's camp.

Right!
Jojobobo wrote:
[*]A character who drops an item after being disintergrated. I have killed the character by other means and the item is indeed already in the person's inventory, not just conveniently beneath them or something else that may make it look like the character dropped the item upon disintergration when this actually isn't the case. The item and character I am referring to are in no way related to the main quest. Hint: It is however a quest item, just not the main quest.

Gem Of Malachi Rench and Geoffrey Tarellond-Ashe.
Gem can be destroyed only in Bangelian Deeps.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:16 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Pyotr wrote:
Jojobobo wrote:
[*]A character who drops an item after being disintergrated. I have killed the character by other means and the item is indeed already in the person's inventory, not just conveniently beneath them or something else that may make it look like the character dropped the item upon disintergration when this actually isn't the case. The item and character I am referring to are in no way related to the main quest. Hint: It is however a quest item, just not the main quest.

Gem Of Malachi Rench and Geoffrey Tarellond-Ashe.
Gem can be destroyed only in Bangelian Deeps.

I added some emphasis to the "already", you have to give Geoffrey Tarellond-Ashe the gem to make carry it. I guess you could argue that if you gave it him and cast disintergrate on him it was "already" in his inventory, so I should have probably thrown in an "initially" in his inventory as that describes more accurately what I meant; I did think the context of the situation implied what I meant but I'll try make things clearer in the future. A good find though, I was aware of this but neglected to mention it on purpose. Thinking on that might help.
Also the equipment list on gamebanshee isn't complete. If you look for some of the other items in this thread you won't find them on there.

EDIT:
Muro wrote:
  • Scroll of Familiar. Found rather than bought. Not the one on Harold Sumner in Tulla.
On a halfling villager in the Roseborough Inn. Found this completely by happenstance as I was wondering if the guy who talks about magick and technology going in cycles would have the technological potion in his room. So I went to steal a key from someone I thought was an innkeeper, and there you go.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:34 am Post subject: 

Pyotr wrote:
http://www.gamebanshee.com/arcanum/equipment/torso.php
There is only one armor, which has "Diseased" in its name and it is indeed small chainmail. And it can be obtained way before Bangelian Deeps.

This just goes to show that while GameBanshee's is probably the best online Arcanum item database, it's far from perfect. Its completeness is lacking and it has its errors, this being one of them.

Jojobobo wrote:
On a halfling villager in the Roseborough Inn.

Yes, that would be it. I'm glad this one has been found, for during the many months since the thread was truly alive I managed to forget where this target was located and so I wouldn't be able to give any hints, not until I'd refind it myself anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Well if I hadn't found it by chance I doubt I would have found it for a long time, it's a very unusual item for a villager to have in their possession.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:09 am Post subject: 

Some found targets from today's hunt:

Jojobobo wrote:
  • One fine suit with white sprites, I won't say which size to keep things a bit more tricky. Other than the one worn by the gnome noble wandering around Caladon.

Elf noble in the Wellington Gentlemen's Club in Tarant.

Jojobobo wrote:
  • A rustic dress with the sprite of an elegant dress

Half orc villager in the Thirsty Soul in Stillwater.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:48 am Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Indeedy-do on both counts. It seems like Stillwater has a lot of people with wrong clothing sprites for whatever reason. Now that two more of my targets have been found I'll post up a new target. It's pretty exciting in terms of useless Arcanum paraphernalia, and it makes the thread come full circle. Without further ado it's...

• A second electrical component!! (So for people who don't want to check back, not the one found in Mr Plough's warehouse)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:10 am Post subject: 

Madness!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:17 am Post subject: 

Expert

Hurray, activity has finally been restored here.

Muro wrote:
Indeed, I meant "Dark". Glad the mistake didn't stop you from finding it.

I just want to make it clear that I wasn't trying to come off as an ass here and I'm sorry if it seemed so. That was the only adder empress that I knew of so I just went for it.

Muro wrote:
I assume 1) and 2) are questions rather than riddles.
1) I do not recall anything like that in the game.
2) Those reputations appear to be unacquirable.

Those two were indeed questions, now solved ones I guess.

1) Apprenticeship in the throwing skill is all that's required to get the throwing master quest. So that's why I'm interested in a slight raise in that skill.

2) Yeah, that certainly seems to be the case here. I thought that maybe you had to inform someone about your ill deeds to acquire the reps, since simply killing the persons in question was not enough. Couldn't find anything that would indicate this however, when I searched some of the dialog files.
Interestingly enough, the "Killer of the beautiful Clarissa Shalmo" reputation, should have caused the guards of Caladon to react differently towards you.

Now let us turn to the Blessings & Curses page. Do you or anyone else know if it's possible for Stringy Pete to curse your character? As with the above, killing the Williamsons doesn't make this happen and neither can you mention it to Pete.

Muro wrote:
3) Reflective shield? If that's not it, you might want to be a bit more specific.

Yes, casting the spells by yourself, meaning that you somehow have to get your hands on the two spell scrolls which are continually spawning in Kerghan's inventory.
There's nothing particularly noteworthy about the spells, other than that Kerghan's variant of Quench Life means instant death for most creatures when it's used against them. I believe that the damage it causes is related to your magickal aptitude, as it might explain why the spell isn't too lethal when Kerghan casts it.

Muro wrote:
Pyotr wrote:

While I can't be sure since it's Deman's target, there's a creature called a Demi-Liche in the game files (mummy, yellow skin, white wrap) and I'm guessing that's what he's referring to.

It's indeed this creature that I was referring to. I was actually quite surprised when I stumbled upon this one-of-a-kind creature.
A tip for this one; you'll have to use any sort of range attack to defeat it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:26 am Post subject: 

Deman wrote:
I just want to make it clear that I wasn't trying to come off as an ass here and I'm sorry if it seemed so.

It's alright. Never would have assumed you was. I was honestly glad my mistake wasn't too confusing.

Deman wrote:
Now let us turn to the Blessings & Curses page. Do you or anyone else know if it's possible for Stringy Pete to curse your character? As with the above, killing the Williamsons doesn't make this happen and neither can you mention it to Pete.

I once tried to find this out myself. Did everything I could think of that could upset Pete and never ended up cursed. Started a thread about it as well and no one was able to come up with a solution. I think it's safe to assume the curse is unavailable under normal conditions.

Deman wrote:
Yes, casting the spells by yourself, meaning that you somehow have to get your hands on the two spell scrolls which are continually spawning in Kerghan's inventory.

Just to be sure, adding scrolls those to backgrounds/shopkeepers' stocks doesn't count, right?

Deman wrote:
There's nothing particularly noteworthy about the spells, other than that Kerghan's variant of Quench Life means instant death for most creatures when it's used against them. I believe that the damage it causes is related to your magickal aptitude, as it might explain why the spell isn't too lethal when Kerghan casts it.

Remember that by the time the Living One confronts Kerghan, usually both the number of his health points and the quality of his magick resistance are considerably high.

The spell is indeed identical to Quench Life in every aspect other than the different sound and visual effects.

Deman wrote:
It's indeed this creature that I was referring to. I was actually quite surprised when I stumbled upon this one-of-a-kind creature.
A tip for this one; you'll have to use any sort of range attack to defeat it.

Just checked it and found the Demi-Liche in K'na T'ha, fairly close to the Star. That place is truly Arcanum's preserve of rare and bizarre beings.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:55 pm Post subject: 

Expert

Jojobobo wrote:
A completely empty room. No containers, no windows, no lanterns or wall mountings, no other un-interactable items (chairs, etc.) of any sort. All the room has is a door.

There are some empty houses/buildings in the outskirts of Tarant. One of them almost matches your description.

Of course, this one hasn't gotten a door (not even a doorway for that matter) so I doubt that's the correct one. If it isn't, then does the room you're referring to exist in a building with several rooms?

Muro wrote:
Just to be sure, adding scrolls those to backgrounds/shopkeepers' stocks doesn't count, right?

Yep, that's taboo. What needs to be figured out is how you steal from a creature which seemingly has unpickable pockets. In fact, this trick lets you pick up several quest reward items in advance. The trick makes not only inventories accessible, it will also turn wearable items visible before they are supposed to (e.g. the Trapmaker's Spectacles).

And yeah, I seem to have gravely overestimated Kerghan's Quench Life spell. There's nothing significant to it, besides what you've already mentioned.

Muro wrote:
Just checked it and found the Demi-Liche in K'na T'ha, fairly close to the Star. That place is truly Arcanum's preserve of rare and bizarre beings.

Correct, and correct on the Air Elemental as well. Makes you wonder if there are any placed Earth Elementals out there too.

Last edited by Deman on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:52 pm Post subject: 

Deman wrote:
Makes you wonder if there are any placed Earth Elementals out there too.

I'm pretty sure there isn't. Started searching for one years back, which was several playthroughs and a thorough scavenger search ago.

Deman wrote:
What needs to be figured out is how you steal from a creature which seemingly has unpickable pockets. In fact, this trick let's you pick up several quest reward items in advance. The trick makes not only inventories accessible, it will also turn wearable items visible before they are supposed to (e.g. the Trapmaker's Spectacles).

The tip reminded me of a certain trick. Tried it out and figured out two of your targets.

Deman wrote:
  • How do you use Kerghan's unique magic against him?

1. Cast "body of [element]" on Kerghan during battle.
2. Pickpocket scrolls from him (if they aren't there, wait a round or few, they replenish constantly).
3. Cast them on him.

Deman wrote:
  • If you play your cards right, you should be able to collect three magic crystal balls in Madame Toussade's house. How?

One ball can be acquired from each of these three sources:
  • dialogue with Madame
  • Madame's inventory
  • the stand in her house
Here's an exemplary solution to get all three (checked just a moment ago):

1. Kill Madame indirectly.
2. Take the first crystal ball from the stand on the table.
3. Bring Madame back to life.
4. Talk to Dolores and accept the quest to bring her a crystal ball (not having the first ball in the inventory may be required, drop before dialogue if necessary).
5. Return to Madame, cast "body of [element]" on her and pickpocket the second ball from her.
6. Talk with Madame, say you're for the ball and that you're on her side, receive the third crystal ball the default way.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:41 pm Post subject: 

Expert

Correct on both counts again. Elemental body is the key to the trick which does have its uses. Beside those already named it would also allow you to grab all the magickal medallions from the master mages in Tula and thus become master in all the schools yourself (even if you should be underqualified). Though another necessity for this to work was the following; you had leave each "proofing ground" area via the Teleport spell instead of the intended portals. I believe this is fixed in Drog Alt's patch. It can still be done without the Teleport spell, but if I'd type that here I would give away one of my challenges.

An alternative for collecting the three crystal balls.

1. Smash the stand to the ground in front of her eyes and pick up the first crystal ball. In the UAP she might react to this (doesn't matter really, see 2)

2. Dominate her will and make her trade for the second crystal ball. Take her down into the sewers, make sure that her reaction is at least 51 (if not then you need to be invisible) and release her from the spell.

3. Go back to the surface, re-enter the sewers and then go back to the surface again. She should be back in her house, completely oblivious of what just had transpired. Now you can simply continue with the quest and collect the third one. Well, should you feel that this is too much of a hassle, then you can initiate her dialog in the sewers as soon as you've released her.

I think I've let my mouth flap a little too much this time...it almost feels like I've given away something crucial.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:32 am Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Deman wrote:
Of course, this one hasn't gotten a door (not even a doorway for that matter) so I doubt that's the correct one. If it isn't, then does the room you're referring to exist in a building with several rooms?

No it wasn't the one I was thinking of, though it's still a good find. I'm quite surprised that they bothered to put more than one empty room in the game to be honest. As for your question, I wouldn't call it a building per se - take that as a hint!

Muro wrote:
Here's an exemplary solution to get all three (checked just a moment ago):

1. Kill Madame indirectly.
2. Take the first crystal ball from the stand on the table.
3. Bring Madame back to life.
4. Talk to Dolores and accept the quest to bring her a crystal ball (not having the first ball in the inventory may be required, drop before dialogue if necessary).
5. Return to Madame, cast "body of [element]" on her and pickpocket the second ball from her.
6. Talk with Madame, say you're for the ball and that you're on her side, receive the third crystal ball the default way.

I was wondering how did you manage to kill her indirectly? I tried this target but couldn't open her inventory - a feature I thought was probably introduced in the UAP - and without reverse pickpocketing something horrible onto her I couldn't think of another way to kill her without her caring.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 am Post subject: 

Expert

Jojobobo wrote:
No it wasn't the one I was thinking of, though it's still a good find. I'm quite surprised that they bothered to put more than one empty room in the game to be honest. As for your question, I wouldn't call it a building per se - take that as a hint!

I guess the Boil might be the reason why those residences became abandoned eventually. The inhabitants probably didn't feel quite as comfortable about their neighborhood when the Boil started to expand.

Given your hint, I think that I've now a vague recollection of where to find this room.

Jojobobo wrote:
I was wondering how did you manage to kill her indirectly? I tried this target but couldn't open her inventory - a feature I thought was probably introduced in the UAP - and without reverse pickpocketing something horrible onto her I couldn't think of another way to kill her without her caring.

Well since Murgo figured out how to steal from the gypsy, he might just have figured out how to plant something on her as well :p. Dropping such an insidious equipment near her should also work.

Another (more expensive) solution to kill her ''silently'' would be to sneakily plant an ignited dynamite in close proximity to her, a la Fallout 1 & 2.

Last edited by Deman on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 am Post subject: 

Deman wrote:
Well since Murgo figured out how to steal from the gypsy

Need to get back and help priesties.

Jojobobo wrote:
I was wondering how did you manage to kill her indirectly?

I did it by mind controlling the wererat from the nearby warehouse and dispelling the spell with the wererat in Madame's house and myself just outside.

Dropping something like the Baneful Gauntlets next to Madame would work too. She would pick up and equip them.

Just like the dynamite but without the need of sneaking, plastique could be used as well.

Another possibility would be dropping a coin two tiles from Madame with a trap set on the tile between them. Her greed would kill her after the second of third spike trap.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:42 pm Post subject: 

Expert

Arcanum, a place of possibilities

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next