Who cares about the law?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magikot, Jul 7, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Apparently, not the Romanian Prime Minister. When power-mad politicians throw temper tantrums, entire countries suffer for it.

For those not living in Romania or Europe at large, can anyone explain more of what is going on in Romania right now?

“And hence when by their foolish thirst for reputation they have created among the masses an appetite for gifts and the habit of receiving them, democracy in its turn is abolished and changes into a rule of force and violence. For the people, having grown accustomed to feed at the expense of others and to depend for their livelihood on the property of others, as soon as they find a leader who is enterprising but is excluded from the houses of office by his penury, institute the rule of violence; and now uniting their forces massacre, banish, and plunder, until they degenerate again into perfect savages and find once more a master and monarch.” - The Histories 6.9.7-9, Polybius (ca. 200–118 BC)

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    What, the Securitate let you post that?

Seriously though, I haven't paid much attention to Romania recently, and I am therefore in the process of catching up right now. Anyway, the USL has been criticised for harboring members of the old Communist Party, and the disregard the USL apparently shows for the Romanian constitution surely reflects their view on democracy. Going by the article, what Romanians have on their hands yet again is a party determined to bring about totalitarianism.

I personally wouldn't bet on the EU being of any help whatsoever. The EU is an undemocratic bureaucracy striving to make all its dominions just like it.

3. harpinche

harpinche New Member

This makes me wonder, and I don't think I'm the only one who heard about this; wasn't there a new country that sprang up just last year somewhere in Europe or Asia? I'm sure it was towards the Middle-East or something like that. It was on the news for only a few days, but what was it called?

4. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

I thought all the politicians died in a plane crash.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

South Sudan.

Our Host!