Strange buff/Debuff

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Matnjord, May 2, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Matnjord

Matnjord New Member

Hello Terra Arcanum, I am in need of help!

I recently restarted playing this great game so I went with flashy evil necromancer as I always played as a techie before. Anyway, I am only level 5 right now and just before/during a trip to Dernholm I seem to have picked a strangest curse. I noticed during the trip that I had one less action point than before, but didn't got worried too much, thinking I was just encumbred.
    After a while I gained a level and so opened my character sheet only to find that for some reason I had a bonus of +1 in strenght and constitution but a -3 intelligence, -2 in perception, dexterity and charisma!
    The curses/blessings shows only a blessing by Arbalah, and I don't have any injuries. I have tried sleeping, passing lots of time, even healing but the debuff stays.

So, does anyone knows where I got this illness/curse/whatever? And how could I cure it? Keep in mind that I only did stuff in Shrouded Hills and didn't even reached Dernholm when this horrible fate befelled my character.

With respect, Matnjord

EDIT: hum, turns out that after playing a little bit more, I gained some positive allignment points which brought me from -6 to -2 and suddenly I don't have those modifiers :-o How come a little allignement shift brought those modifiers?

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Did you get rid of any equipment during that time? Some items are hexed, and can result in strange status effects.

I don't recall precisely which item or items would do that (the effects you mentioned). I'm also unaware of what items are so drastically affected by alignment of such a small adjustment, if any at all - then again, I've not played in some time.

3. Matnjord

Matnjord New Member

Yep, I tried getting rid of all my equipment, even advancing a day after that, no dice.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

What version are you running? Do you at least have it patched to 1.0.7.4?

All that currently comes to mind is making a character drink, but that doesn't last through a day unless you're actively using alcohol every time your PC sobers up.

5. Matnjord

Matnjord New Member

Where can I check the version number?

Didn't drink nothing. In any case I'm back to alignement -9 and no modifier yet. It seems like I freaked out for nothing, but it's still really odd, I tried everything, saving/reloading, quitting the game, and it still lasted for a month and suddenly it disapeared when I got the ring from the sewers for the guy at the beggining of Tarant. Meh...

6. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Attack from the Lethe Wyvern can drop maximum intelligence, apart from that I've got nothing.

7. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Also a few hexed items could permanently change your stats pre-UAP.

Our Host!