[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:10 am Post subject:  Strange buff/Debuff

Untrained

Hello Terra Arcanum, I am in need of help!

I recently restarted playing this great game so I went with flashy evil necromancer as I always played as a techie before. Anyway, I am only level 5 right now and just before/during a trip to Dernholm I seem to have picked a strangest curse. I noticed during the trip that I had one less action point than before, but didn't got worried too much, thinking I was just encumbred.
After a while I gained a level and so opened my character sheet only to find that for some reason I had a bonus of +1 in strenght and constitution but a -3 intelligence, -2 in perception, dexterity and charisma!
The curses/blessings shows only a blessing by Arbalah, and I don't have any injuries. I have tried sleeping, passing lots of time, even healing but the debuff stays.

So, does anyone knows where I got this illness/curse/whatever? And how could I cure it? Keep in mind that I only did stuff in Shrouded Hills and didn't even reached Dernholm when this horrible fate befelled my character.

With respect, Matnjord

EDIT: hum, turns out that after playing a little bit more, I gained some positive allignment points which brought me from -6 to -2 and suddenly I don't have those modifiers :-o How come a little allignement shift brought those modifiers?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:48 am Post subject: 

Reptilus Rex
Reptilus Rex

Location: In Urwaldland, blowing smoke rings in the Hookah Lounge
Did you get rid of any equipment during that time? Some items are hexed, and can result in strange status effects.

I don't recall precisely which item or items would do that (the effects you mentioned). I'm also unaware of what items are so drastically affected by alignment of such a small adjustment, if any at all - then again, I've not played in some time.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:48 am Post subject: 

Untrained

Yep, I tried getting rid of all my equipment, even advancing a day after that, no dice.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:41 am Post subject: 

Reptilus Rex
Reptilus Rex

Location: In Urwaldland, blowing smoke rings in the Hookah Lounge
What version are you running? Do you at least have it patched to 1.0.7.4?

All that currently comes to mind is making a character drink, but that doesn't last through a day unless you're actively using alcohol every time your PC sobers up.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:54 pm Post subject: 

Untrained

Where can I check the version number?

Didn't drink nothing. In any case I'm back to alignement -9 and no modifier yet. It seems like I freaked out for nothing, but it's still really odd, I tried everything, saving/reloading, quitting the game, and it still lasted for a month and suddenly it disapeared when I got the ring from the sewers for the guy at the beggining of Tarant. Meh...

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:14 pm Post subject: 

The Living One

Location: There's a place for people like me, don't you worry.
Attack from the Lethe Wyvern can drop maximum intelligence, apart from that I've got nothing.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:35 pm Post subject: 

Resurrected Modding God

Also a few hexed items could permanently change your stats pre-UAP.