[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:24 pm Post subject: 

Master

Hello guys !

I'm late but here is the contest !

Code:
In which city can we found the Three Loaves Public House & Inn ?

Send me a private message with your answer and the first one with the right answer will be featured into the mod !

I have finished the first part of the mod ! I have almost 250 scripts and it should take more than 1 hour to reach the end and there is several changes depending on answers you gave at the beginning of the mod.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:37 am Post subject: 

Master

Muro won the contest ! Congrats Muro. You will be on the mod !

I will likely launch another contest in few weeks. Stay tuned !

EDIT : I will soon record the dialogs dubbing for the first part of the mod. Send me a private message if you want to be involved ! You will be credited for that ! If you have a preference for the kind of voice you want to record, tell me so !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:31 pm Post subject: 

Apprentice

I can't try this one out at the moment, but from what I read here this looks very good so far.

I commend you on your dedication and I, like others here, hope you continue it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:21 pm Post subject: 

Master

random1 wrote:
I can't try this one out at the moment, but from what I read here this looks very good so far.

I commend you on your dedication and I, like others here, hope you continue it.

I've done the first part and I will likely soon upload it. I'm going to Tokyo for one year soon and I will have 1 000 000 better things to do than modding so it will stay asleep for a year at least.

I am also currently writing my thesis so I don't have time now to continue it. But it is not definitly dead. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:41 am Post subject: 

Master

I'm not dead. Just finishing my thesis.

Will upload the first part next week or so.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:58 am Post subject: 

Master

Hello !

For those who remember, I started to create a mod months ago and, as I wrote on the forum, I didn't resume it yet since I am still in Tokyo for a one year exchange program (going till July). I don't know if I will resume the creation of the mod.
I am also busy translating my brother's mod (lots of dialogs) : CrossRoad

But here is the link of the complete first act of my mod. I wanted to upload it for a while but I have been very busy.

Feel free to report bugs or comment

EDIT2: please see below for proper links.

- Wim's

Last edited by Wims on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:06 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Location: There's a place for people like me, don't you worry.
Hey I've played through what I could and now I'm stuck...

[spoiler]I fell asleep on the bed and had what appeared to be a dream and now I've got no items and as far as I can tell no where to go. If you could give me some advice on how to proceed that would be great because I've tried everything I can think of, unless this is the end of this part of the mod?

I also never managed to get the room with the black chests open at the start of the game as I couldn't find anything to go on the pedestal, I did however collect all 3 black keys which I presumed worked on those chests - is there anyway yet to get in there and open them or will that be a later part of the module?[/spoiler]

Also I noticed when you are clinging to the rock in the water flow that you get the option to dump your items, however the only way I succeeded in getting past this point (had to reload a few times) was to keep all my items and continue trying to cling on repeatedly. After you get swept into the cave your character remarks that they lost all their items but their keys - which as I said was not the case for me as I retained all of mine. I didn't know if this was a bug or not? It appeared as if I couldn't proceed if I did dump anything, as the message to try and cling/hang on came up over twenty times when I did dump items - seemingly not letting me progress - or the cave did load up eventually but the character sprite was no where to be seen.

Lastly although I levelled up I could not spend character points, I did not know if this was intentional? I was using Merwin Tumblebrook so I don't know if that changes anything.

On the whole the mod is very enjoyable and the puzzles are a lot of fun. It was really good how the environment you have created is much more interactive than in the standard game. The english in the module is very good seeing as you translated it all and I only noticed a few minor mistakes, but even in those instances I was still perfectably able to understand what you meant. Also...

[spoiler]I really liked the part with the incinerator; it was a bit hair raising to try and kill all of the spiders in it and it took a few tries![/spoiler]

Thanks a lot for the first act of what I'm sure will be a great module when finished!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:51 am Post subject: 

Master

Jojobobo wrote:
I fell asleep on the bed and had what appeared to be a dream and now I've got no items and as far as I can tell no where to go. If you could give me some advice on how to proceed that would be great because I've tried everything I can think of, unless this is the end of this part of the mod?

It's near the end but you should be able to finish this part... I have to re-test the mod again. Some script probably gone wild but it worked the last time I played...

Jojobobo wrote:
I also never managed to get the room with the black chests open at the start of the game as I couldn't find anything to go on the pedestal, I did however collect all 3 black keys which I presumed worked on those chests - is there anyway yet to get in there and open them or will that be a later part of the module? everything I can think of, unless this is the end of this part of the mod?

Congrats for finding all 3 black keys on the first game. I guess I should hide some key better. Also, I don't remember if I put the "thing" to open the door yet so I will check it out.

Jojobobo wrote:
Also I noticed when you are clinging to the rock in the water flow that you get the option to dump your items, however the only way I succeeded in getting past this point (had to reload a few times) was to keep all my items and continue trying to cling on repeatedly.

This is definitely a bug. Got to ckeck this script...

Jojobobo wrote:
Lastly although I levelled up I could not spend character points, I did not know if this was intentional? I was using Merwin Tumblebrook so I don't know if that changes anything.

Oh, I forgot to tell people to NOT choose a pre-made character... I'll check this out.

Jojobobo wrote:
The english in the module is very good seeing as you translated it all and I only noticed a few minor mistakes, but even in those instances I was still perfectably able to understand what you meant.

If you remember some of the mistakes, I'd fix them

Jojobobo wrote:
Thanks a lot for the first act of what I'm sure will be a great module when finished!

I actually have some motivation to resume the creation. I don't promise anything but...

Thanks for playing and for commenting !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:30 am Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Location: There's a place for people like me, don't you worry.
Wims wrote:
Congrats for finding all 3 black keys on the first game. I guess I should hide some key better.

I think they were all reasonably well hidden, I don't think I would have found the first one if I didn't search particularly thoroughly. As a minor point for whatever reason the one on a body of a defeated skeleton didn't have the artwork of the other two for whatever reason.

Wims wrote:
If you remember some of the mistakes, I'd fix them

As I said you didn't make any glaringly obvious mistakes anyway so I can't remember any off hand; if I play through again soon though I'll make sure to note down anything specific that I find.

Wims wrote:
I actually have some motivation to resume the creation. I don't promise anything but...

Thanks for playing and for commenting !

You definitely should try and finish when you have the opportunity but only when time allows as it sounds like you have a busy enough schedule as it is! It certainly is a very unique module in terms of gameplay.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:44 am Post subject: 

Master

The last time I used WorldEd was several months ago... I probably forgot a lot but nothing I can not learn again...

I'm busy write now, just living in Tokyo and I am also translating my brother's mod : CrossRoad. Hundreds of dialogs...

But I'll try to resume the creation soon. Thank you for your enthusiasm :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:52 pm Post subject: 

Master

I edited the post which contains links. You now have access to the bugproof version of the first act. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:48 pm Post subject: 

Master

Version with minors improvements and bug fixing. Thank you Jojobobo for your help !

DATA file(unchanged)
http://www.mediafire.com/?igeviagc5okt50u (~90Mb).

.DAT file (~22Mb).
http://www.mediafire.com/?1jvjoj78vzswv2p

Also, I need your help to dub dialogs! Please see:
http://terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=17335

EDIT: I forgot to tell I resume the creation of the mod! Creating the 2nd part! Screenshots soon!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:04 am Post subject: 

Master

I've just finished to plan scenario of Acte II. The whole gameplay heavily depends of the answers you gave at the beginning of the mod. As soon as I am more advanced on creating maps (50% now), I'll post some screenshots.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:55 pm Post subject: 

Master

I'm almost done with mapping! Next will be dialogs and the rest of the scripting. Here is a random screenshot:

I still need people to dub dialogs, don't be shy!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:14 am Post subject: 

Master

I'm working on some videos to be added on the mod. Their purpose is to make an introduction between each act. Nothing complicated.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:54 am Post subject: 

Master

Making a riddle with pipes. Really hard scripting work. Hope it'll look good!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:30 am Post subject: 

Master

After 2 weeks of hard work and head banging against the wall, the whole enigma is finally working thanks to Nataku who helped me a lot! Hooray!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:20 pm Post subject: 

Master

Actually, it's still not working properly. Some small parts are still bugging...

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:35 pm Post subject: 

Water Merchant

Oh, that's a shame... but there is no need to hurry. We are willing to wait, you know :)

Good luck :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:02 am Post subject: 

Master

Crypton wrote:
Oh, that's a shame... but there is no need to hurry. We are willing to wait, you know :)

Good luck :thumbup:

Thank you, it's good to see people are interested in my mod :-) My brother Nataku should be able to help me once he's done with his medical school exams.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:41 pm Post subject: 

Master

Nataky found my two bugs and FINALLY, the riddle is working properly ! I'm busy translating my brother's mod but I will resume the creation soon.