Just Walked Away From a Car Crash

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grakelin, Apr 11, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

We got rear ended at a red light, and our muffler ended up hitching into their engine and being torn right off. Luckily, we weren't yet at a complete stop, so we coasted safely into the intersection (?), and weren't hurt. Though, the stereo popped out and landed in my lap.

We pulled over and got out. The car behind us was on fire, but the family was standing at the corner, all hugging eachother and crying. I looked around. Nobody was hurt. It was just the cars that were damaged. These kids, ranging from infant to about fourteen, were all sobbing uncontrollably.

And I thought "Wow, nobody's got a scratch on them. What the hell is their problem? Grow some balls, kids."

Seriously, with the uncontrollable wailing, I had initially thought somebody had actually been hurt. A bystander even called an ambulance. These people were all perfectly fine. Are we all so sheltered from terrifying events? This was my second near-death experience of the day, and I was just mildly upset we weren't going to make it to Hunger Games.

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Did you get someone to film you walking away from the flaming car?

3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Come on, Hunger Games, I think everyone knows you were going to watch Titanic 3D.

I guess in regards to the people being too sheltered, those people could have been in a more severe car accident in the past which is why it bothered them to that extent. If not, then yeah crying like that is a bit much. Also...

Tee-hee.

4. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Maybe they really loved that car and didn't want to see it burn.

5. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

They probably missed their screening of the hunger games too.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It could have been worse, they could have played the blame-game.

7. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

It wouldn't have helped them. The car in back is almost always blamed for rear ending the car in front, because we're expected to keep a distance between cars.

There were witnesses everywhere who confirmed that they -had- kept a distance and decided to smash into us three seconds after we stopped, anyway.

Our Host!