[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:19 pm Post subject: 

Mutant Patron of Deviation

The link works and the downloaded file is fine. Doesn't that mean you already know how to work the download section properly?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:48 pm Post subject: 

Untrained

can i install this after the high resolutions patch? would there be any problems or glitches? or do i have to start from a clean install of arcanum...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 pm Post subject: 

Water Merchant

I was playing the other beta version (i.e. the Press Beta) today, and I'm telling you, it was just better than a sex.

It was really fun fooling around, finding all those changes they made. There are also some testing maps included, like one multiplayer map, which is totally awesome.

Some screenshots:

There are also few (around 50) speech files that are missing in retail version, for example:
http://www.filedropper.com/v2m
http://www.filedropper.com/v3m

I'm still discovering it, because it's quite huge (2 CDs), so it's possible that there is much more content to restore than it seems right now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:36 pm Post subject: 

Resurrected Modding God

I've seen that map. I have the second CD from this build. It's exactly the same build as the demo version, there's plenty of differences, including gameplay mechanics (e.g. unarmed damage is calculated differently and is much higher than the final). The maps are also different, e.g. the gypsies are completely absent, turns out they were added very, very late in development. Oh, and the lizard people (Bedokaan) are still using their original art, that's where I got it from. The animations have wrong coordinates though, I had to fix them myself in a hex editor.

Oh, and one more thing. Check out Tulla. Simeon Tor's chamber still has the portal to the Isle of Despair. You could originally return there, but they removed this possibility, again very late in development.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:08 pm Post subject: 

Water Merchant

You already told me that before :) But I didn't know that you actually played the beta, because you said that you only have the Play CD. That's actually the reason why I wanted to share this with you, because I got those press beta CDs yesterday, and it reminded me that you actually have them too, or at least one of them.

Anyway, I just checked the main Arcanum module, and you're right, there is "Arcanumdemo" map, but there is also a map from retail version - "Arcanum1-024-fixed" map, and map from first beta version, i.e. "MGH Arcanum1-024-fixed".

So it's all those betas, and demos merged together, and I believe that it should be possible to play them all, and switch between them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:38 am Post subject: 

Resurrected Modding God

No, I haven't played it actually. The full world map is still included in the demo version, in a separate folder. I just exported it to the final game and fooled around a bit. This build is about a month or two away from the final, not that interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:49 am Post subject: 

Water Merchant

Drog Alt wrote:
No, I haven't played it actually. The full world map is still included in the demo version, in a separate folder. I just exported it to the final game and fooled around a bit. This build is about a month or two away from the final, not that interesting.

Actually, it's like 5 months span in both directions. In the menu, it shows that it's version 55, released on 3-13-01, which is ~5 months after the first beta (version 27), and ~5 months before the final game, I think.

Anyway, you're right, it isn't as interesting as the first beta, but it was still fun playing that though. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:38 am Post subject: 

Resurrected Modding God

As I mentioned before, the game was finalized in April/May, but the publisher (Sierra) made them wait until August, because the localized versions (German/French) were not ready yet.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:17 am Post subject: 

Untrained

Hello all, gentlemen. Another Arcanum fan here.

I've been lately having long marathons of Arcanum playing, thanks especially to the incentive from all of Drog's enhacement (UAP, Hires, music, Crypton's extra animations... etc,) and I've noticed something. At first, I was going to open a new thread with the title: "I can't attack wolf-type creatures wearing the small machined plate!", cause that's what I'd exactly experienced... but it came to my head this thread and the technique Drog used to solve the problem with critters that don't have low attack animations, so at the end I deduced that the issue may be that the low attacks animations for the small machined plate (wheter they are new or they have to be replications of the normal ones because they don't exist, as is the case with the half-ogres in plate armor) are missing from the last Extra Animations pack, which I'm using.

I just wanted to leave constancy of this fact here, in case no one else noticed it (and in case I'm not the victim of a screw-up installation bug :p ). Thanks for you attention.

Muro wrote:
Neat. Big thanks go to both Crypton and Drog.

I'm now enjoying the additional animations from Drog's pack and the extended ambient sounds from Crypton's beta content restoration pack.
Hi Muro, just a question: What is exactly the way to achieve this?; do you have to unpack the whole original content of Crypton's Extra Animations RAR file and then installing Drog's pack, or is it enough with pasting ArcanumBeta2.dat (the dat containing beta ambient sounds) in the Arcanum root directory after installing Drog's pack? Tanks in advance :)

Well my firends, best regards to you all.

PD: I don't want miss the opportunity to thank Drog, Crypton, Muro, Rroyo and all the people who are keeping such a great game as Arcanum up'n running. Tanks to you all, guys!

-To have an excuse for having the fireplace turned off on one of the coldest nights of the year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:33 pm Post subject: 

Welcome aboard, LionXavier.

LionXavier wrote:
I deduced that the issue may be that the low attacks animations for the small machined plate (wheter they are new or they have to be replications of the normal ones because they don't exist, as is the case with the half-ogres in plate armor) are missing from the last Extra Animations pack, which I'm using.

I just wanted to leave constancy of this fact here, in case no one else noticed it (and in case I'm not the victim of a screw-up installation bug :p ).

I checked this out of curiosity and confirm the bug you're experiencing. Small races wearing high tech plate indeed stand idly instead of performing low attacks when the Extra Animations Pack is installed.

LionXavier wrote:
is it enough with pasting ArcanumBeta2.dat (the dat containing beta ambient sounds) in the Arcanum root directory after installing Drog's pack?

Yep, that's all that needs to be done.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 pm Post subject: 

Resurrected Modding God

Oh, fuck this, I'm not fixing this shit again. FUCK THIS SHITTY GAME, I don't care. Go play Ass Effect 3: Ass Wars or something.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:23 pm Post subject: 

Untrained

Greetings

I just recently learned of Arcanum and played right through it, awesome game. Then I came here for more stuff and this mod seems very interesting.

Please reconsider, Drog. I find this game not shitty at all, in fact I found it to be better than most new games.

Have a nice day!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:13 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Welcome newcomer, stay awhile...stay forever. Drog has been like this for some years. That means it is not likely that he is going change. But. There is still hope.

Edit: What's with the name?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:15 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Location: There's a place for people like me, don't you worry.
Arthgon wrote:
Welcome newcomer, stay awhile...stay forever.

Perhaps the creepiest welcome I've ever heard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:51 pm Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

Jojobobo wrote:
Arthgon wrote:

Another visitor. Stay a while.... staaaaaaaaaaay forever.

Impossible Mission, C64. Amazing game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:13 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Location: There's a place for people like me, don't you worry.
Just as I thought I was on a roll understanding DE's Diablo II reference.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:14 pm Post subject: 

Untrained

Arthgon wrote:
Welcome newcomer, stay awhile...stay forever. Drog has been like this for some years. That means it is not likely that he is going change. But. There is still hope.

Edit: What's with the name?

too bad, hope Drog is alright.

what's with my name? I usually use this one... I like it. I say it while patting my white cat, too!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:16 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Zanza wrote:
Jojobobo wrote:
Arthgon wrote:

Another visitor. Stay a while.... staaaaaaaaaaay forever.

Impossible Mission, C64. Amazing game.

Agree. It is one of the amazing games for the c64. Even though the different colored password is hard to beat as ever. I'm still playing it in my emulator on the PC, and I must say that it is a bit less difficult to see those colors now. Before that I had to do with an original c64 with a black and white monitor. But nevertheless, I was totally addicted to it. Yes. Good old times.

How far did you make it? I had only the uppermost part ready.

Wemeet: Well. I assume that Drog is still healthy. Oh. A white cat. Mmm...sounds familiar.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:05 am Post subject: 

Untrained

hey guys

Great work with all the fixes and stuff

but I have a few questions:

first:
how can I get the max out of Arcanum
(i know theres the UAP091225, a highres mod, a hq map mod, hq music mod)
Is there anything else Im missing?

also:
In what order should I install it all for it to work properly?

Asking for a 1installation has-it-all mod is probably too much...

But please get the lowattacks to work, I want to use the extra animation, but if i understand this correctly, it will make combat in hightech armor a problem for me?

thnx for everything and again: great stuff

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:23 am Post subject: 

Untrained

also, another bit confuses me,

the UAP extra animations pack is cryptons beta restoration pack, but fixed

or

does it only contain the animations from the beta restoration pack and not the sounds?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:20 am Post subject:  Re:

Untrained

Abysium wrote:
also, another bit confuses me,

the UAP extra animations pack is cryptons beta restoration pack, but fixed

or

does it only contain the animations from the beta restoration pack and not the sounds?

It's quite self explanatory really, ExtraAnimationsUAP.exe only contains the Extra Animations.
The sounds are in the ArcanumBeta v0.1 pack which you will need to download separately from http://arcanum.game-alive.com/category/downloads/

Drog Alt wrote:
Oh, fuck this, I'm not fixing this shit again. FUCK THIS SHITTY GAME, I don't care. Go play Ass Effect 3: Ass Wars or something.

Drog... don't let Arcanum defeat you like that :hidepc:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:50 pm Post subject:  Re:

Untrained

Muro wrote:
Welcome aboard, LionXavier.

LionXavier wrote:
I deduced that the issue may be that the low attacks animations for the small machined plate (wheter they are new or they have to be replications of the normal ones because they don't exist, as is the case with the half-ogres in plate armor) are missing from the last Extra Animations pack, which I'm using.

I just wanted to leave constancy of this fact here, in case no one else noticed it (and in case I'm not the victim of a screw-up installation bug :p ).

I checked this out of curiosity and confirm the bug you're experiencing. Small races wearing high tech plate indeed stand idly instead of performing low attacks when the Extra Animations Pack is installed.

I've just registered to tell you that I have found a way to deal with this problem.
Firstly, thanks Drog Alt and Crypton for bring these to us
And here's the link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/67ax9679uc991ae/critter.zip
just download, extract then copy the criter folder to data/art.
you may need to delete the missing.dat file here so the game could recheck the data. You can delete it for sure as the game would recreate it.
Seem that the game read directly from this folder, because when I try creating dat file, it won't work. So it may work without extra animation pack, I'm nnot sure.
Please don't expect any thing new, I just duplicatethe normal attack files.
Please inform me if you find any problems, or you could fix it yourself and post a proper fix here.
Lastly, I don't have much chance to test (don't know how to spawn item). All I could say is I'm able to kill Dog while wearing the machined plate robbed from the dwarf blacksmith in Caladon. Thanks.
EDIT: update download link

Last edited by dukfinx on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:50 pm Post subject:  Re: Extra Animations Pack (for UAP091225)

Some quick testing suggests your fix indeed takes care of the problem. Nice job, dukfinx.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:03 pm Post subject:  Re: Extra Animations Pack (for UAP091225)

Untrained

Muro wrote:
Some quick testing suggests your fix indeed takes care of the problem. Nice job, dukfinx.

Glad that it also work for you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:55 am Post subject:  Re:

10th level Paladin

Drog Alt wrote:

Ah Drog, if I were to use a quote as my signature, I'd definitely quote you.