R.I.P Whitney Houston Dead At 48 years Old

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arthgon, Feb 12, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

2. Third ankle

Third ankle New Member

Great influence my ass. Rest in peace and no singing please.

3. Arthgon

I did not like the way she sang just as well, but she was Six-time GRAMMY winner.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    We do not yet know the cause of death, and I do not wish to fan the speculation, but this song just seems appropriate. At least now, she'll know no more pain.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zN7q8PInMYI?version=3&amp;hl=sv_SE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zN7q8PInMYI?version=3&amp;hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

5. Arthgon

You know that the place where she died do reminds me of Jim Morrison (Who is/was actually a real influence in the music industry and May He Rest in Peace). Both were found dead in a bathtub. Only one difference: There was (and still is) no offical cause of death by Jim.

Some say Jim died of a brain hemorrage caused by an accidently heroine overdose (he thought that he was using coke), or a heartattack. But we will never know for sure.

Brian Wilson drowned as well, but that was in his own swimming pool.

If I remember correctly, the original song were made by Johnny Mandel and Mike Altman.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yup, it is the intro to M*A*S*H, a series I've never followed and which now doesn't seem like the light-hearted slapstick I always thought it was.

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

8. Third ankle

Third ankle New Member

9. Arthgon

10. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Apparently about 2500 pet dogs per week (!) are being cruelly captured, butchered and exported for meat from Thailand lately.

Even if it were only one dog, once, I would feel a lot sadder and more sorry than I do for some ageing, self-destructive egotistical celebrity.

RIP poor lil dogs.

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I watched that on SBS last night as well. What they need to do is outlaw dog meat. If it can't be sold legally in restaurants then the demand for it will cut significantly. Of course there will be a black market demand for it but I feel it will be easier to manage as the big customers for the product are out of the picture.

12. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I'd eat a dog, not someone's pet dog but if they were farmed. Some people have pet pigs and cows, yet most people don't think twice about eating them when they are also farmed for that purpose.

Honestly, I'd try most meats if given the opportunity.

13. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I've eaten dog. It tasted like rabbit. I don't see why it should be illegal just because it makes some people uncomfortable. Franky, the idea of eating any meat makes me feel uncomfortable if I think about it too much. But really there's no ethical distinction between eating different animals.

There ought to be a law against stealing people's pets though.

14. Jojobobo

Funny, your mom displayed the exact opposite sentiment last night.

15. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
  16. Jojobobo

I'm sorry, I just felt jealous of your monopoly on bad mom jokes. It was either that or "that's not what you said last night", in my moment of weakness I opted for the former.

17. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

It is very easy to say you don't care behind a computer screen on a forum, until of course it happens to your pet. They were saying in the report that people break into homes and steal their pets so that they can be butchered and used for meat.

18. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I'll let you in on a little secret. The way to earn my respect is to best me in a battle of wits. Or failing that, to turn something I've said into a "your mom" joke.

You, sir, have my respect.

Outlawing dog meat is a ridiculous over-reaction. You might as well say that to stop people breaking into homes and stealing laptops, we should ban laptops.

19. Jojobobo

No of course I'd be pissed if someone broke into my home to steal and eat my hypothetical dog, that's not right, I'm just saying if they were farmed I'd eat one. I suppose though in a country where they are both farmed and kept as pets some people likely eat the pets anyway; I doubt countries that do eat them bother to make a clear-cut distinction which is the real problem.

That's all I've ever wanted.

20. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I find eating dogs a dodgy enterprise and it isn't the whole pet aspect that keeps me off of it. While eating dog meat might be similar in principle to eating cow or pig meat, it is not the same to me.
    I am suspicious of eating the meat of any carnivore. In fact, I would sooner support cannibalism as human beings are omnivorous. It's an irrational suspicion that smacks of arbitrary religious teachings, like the Jews and pork.

Re-rail:
    This just in: foul play is not suspected as a possible factor in Houston's untimely death!
    The coroner rules out foul play because it is 2012 and nobody has thought to send Houston a greeting card in 14 years, let alone a death threat.
    It's a good thing too, because it would have been Kevin Costner's ass.

Seriously though, shame on you ytzk and Third ankle! Have a little more compassion for Just Whitney.

Our Host!