The Truth (As I see it)

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by Grossenschwamm, Apr 16, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Even though I've had things to contribute, every time I've looked in this thread and read a few posts (coming from any side, really), all I did was shake my head and go back to t3h pr0nzorz.

2. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

3. Xyle

Xyle Member

I meant in the context of Charity "...seeketh not her own" (1 Corinthians 13:5). When you serve others in a manner that benefits not yourself, but benefits them, that is True Service and is Love-in-action. ... or were you defining "Good" as in "good-for-selfish-me"?

4. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

5. TimothyXL

TimothyXL New Member

Well said, Xyle, now...

Answer the question.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Meditation only works for a little while. Eventually I get to the point where my rage overwhelms me and I want to break things.

7. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I don't know why I keep looking at this thread, every time I expect something I end up disappointed.

8. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

It might just be me, but it seems as if this conversation just picked up out of nowhere. Why are you raging, Grossenschwamm?

9. Charonte

Charonte Member

one thread to ban them all

Can we just fuck this shit off already? It's full of fucking pointless shit that I just don't fucking care about at all, and I come back every dozen or so fucking pages to say so and to add that you're a bunch of miserable fucking fucktards for keeping this shit alive and yet here it fucking is again. Close the fucking thread, ban that fuckhead xyle, crazed shit for brains tool that he is so that this crap ends and I can get back to fucking reading things of fucking borderline interest. For fucks sake.

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I underwent a lot of emotional and verbal abuse growing up and into my young adult life. Never was quick enough to come up with a satisfying comeback on the spot, or aggressive enough to simply beat the piss out of everyone who insulted me. All I hear is that those people were "bullies," that it's "over," or I'm told to "consider the source." I also get told I'm not trying hard enough to get over the abuse, which I assume is what everyone who sees that modern therapy and drugs don't work will think. If the treatment isn't working, the patient must be doing something wrong. Cancer patients don't hear that. Why should someone with depression hear that?
    I'm currently so depressed and unable to cope with stress that I can't hold down a normal job, or even summon the motivation to regularly clean myself. All I want is revenge. I'm assured that all of the people who abused me are living horrible lives, but I don't believe it. It might be true, but I'm not seeing how horrible their lives are. I know at least one of them is addicted to crack, but he still gets high and is able to dodge those pesky child support payments, so he must be having some fun. I want those people to suffer like I am, or at least suffer by my hand.
    Honestly, I'm tired of this thread too. Imagine my chagrin as I came back from my hiatus to see this thread had indeed grown since my last visit.

Our Host!