[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
 PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:48 pm Post subject: 

Never in doubt
Never in doubt

Grakelin wrote:
I think Xyle screwed the pooch on pretending not to be a troll when he posted a webcomic from a site called purrsia.

Your strawman argument does not help. The comic is Freefall, an excellent science fiction comic. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:39 pm Post subject: 

Lord

Xyle wrote:
Right? You make it sound as if it came as a blessing upon Adam. It is part of Eve's Curse. Men do not have the "right", they have the responsiblity.

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." Genesis 3:16

Note the location of the semicolons in the verse. There is no semicolon between the part about desire and rule. It is one concept, one dynamic. A woman's desire for her husband is tied into the nature of his so-called rule.

So, because Womankind was tricked by the Devil, they must obey their husbands. Isn't that like throwing a corpse in jail for being murdered by someone?

Also, in how far are men supposed to be autoritive? There is a large difference between: "Honey, if you wouldn't mind, could you fix something to eat?." And: "Honey, lick my boots clean."

'Course, I'd say more something like "honey, if you don't mind, I'll make dinner tonight." Because a real man does what needs to be done.

*Bodybuilder pose*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:02 am Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Frigo wrote:
Grakelin wrote:
I think Xyle screwed the pooch on pretending not to be a troll when he posted a webcomic from a site called purrsia.

Your strawman argument does not help. The comic is Freefall, an excellent science fiction comic. Highly recommended.

It's not a strawman. My only goal is pointing out that Xyle is getting his rocks off trolling everybody here. A strawman would be if I was one of the trollees actively trying to debate him and I pointed that out.

So, really, I'm like the hero of the story, who will do what nobody else will.

(PS it's a furry comic)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:11 pm Post subject: 

Lord

TimothyXL wrote:
Xyle wrote:
Right? You make it sound as if it came as a blessing upon Adam. It is part of Eve's Curse. Men do not have the "right", they have the responsiblity.

"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." Genesis 3:16

Note the location of the semicolons in the verse. There is no semicolon between the part about desire and rule. It is one concept, one dynamic. A woman's desire for her husband is tied into the nature of his so-called rule.

So, because Womankind was tricked by the Devil, they must obey their husbands. Isn't that like throwing a corpse in jail for being murdered by someone?

Also, in how far are men supposed to be autoritive? There is a large difference between: "Honey, if you wouldn't mind, could you fix something to eat?." And: "Honey, lick my boots clean."

'Course, I'd say more something like "honey, if you don't mind, I'll make dinner tonight." Because a real man does what needs to be done.

*Bodybuilder pose*

To serve others is always a good thing. And a good husband will serve his wife with the leadership that she needs from him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:08 am Post subject: 

Optically Challenged
Optically Challenged

Xyle wrote:
TimothyXL wrote:
Xyle wrote:

To serve others is always a good thing...

No, it is not.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:27 am Post subject: 

Fucking illogical, captain

I move that the thread be locked.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:05 am Post subject: 

Lord

OBJECTION!

It will only result in somebody else opening a thread for continuing the discussion. Eventually it'll be a perpetual cycle of locking and opening, until we're all banned.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:25 am Post subject: 

Epic Flail
Epic Flail

Quote:
we're all banned.

I'm not so sure that's such a bad thing...

If you bring religion into a non religious thread, I will do horrible things to your orifices, and I'll use Xyle as the implement that does them. A literal pain in the ass.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:03 am Post subject: 

Technological Marvel

Statistically, the odds that a troll will suffer a brain hemorrhage while engaged in their peculiar form of wanking are amusing to contemplate.

I recommend basking in that thought for a moment, and moving on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:58 am Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

You're all crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:56 am Post subject: 

Unfinisher Extraordinaire
Unfinisher Extraordinaire

Even though I've had things to contribute, every time I've looked in this thread and read a few posts (coming from any side, really), all I did was shake my head and go back to t3h pr0nzorz.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:32 am Post subject: 

Lord

Xyle wrote:
To serve others is always a good thing. And a good husband will serve his wife with the leadership that she needs from him.

That reminds me of this: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/arc ... 21921.aspx

P.S. I like this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:18 pm Post subject: 

Lord

Transparent Painting wrote:
Xyle wrote:
TimothyXL wrote:
Xyle wrote:

To serve others is always a good thing...

No, it is not.

I meant in the context of Charity "...seeketh not her own" (1 Corinthians 13:5). When you serve others in a manner that benefits not yourself, but benefits them, that is True Service and is Love-in-action. ... or were you defining "Good" as in "good-for-selfish-me"?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:29 pm Post subject: 

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:48 pm Post subject: 

Lord

Well said, Xyle, now...

TimothyXL wrote:
Also, in how far are men supposed to be autoritive?

Answer the question.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:58 pm Post subject: 

Reptilus Rex
Reptilus Rex

Location: In Urwaldland, blowing smoke rings in the Hookah Lounge
Xyle wrote:
Do you think that maybe yoga or other focusing techniques might help, Gross?

Meditation only works for a little while. Eventually I get to the point where my rage overwhelms me and I want to break things.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:44 am Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

I don't know why I keep looking at this thread, every time I expect something I end up disappointed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:16 am Post subject: 

Good Sir Knight
Good Sir Knight

It might just be me, but it seems as if this conversation just picked up out of nowhere. Why are you raging, Grossenschwamm?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:22 am Post subject:  one thread to ban them all

Technological Marvel

Location: In an icy cave far to the south, feasting on human flesh.
Can we just fuck this shit off already? It's full of fucking pointless shit that I just don't fucking care about at all, and I come back every dozen or so fucking pages to say so and to add that you're a bunch of miserable fucking fucktards for keeping this shit alive and yet here it fucking is again. Close the fucking thread, ban that fuckhead xyle, crazed shit for brains tool that he is so that this crap ends and I can get back to fucking reading things of fucking borderline interest. For fucks sake.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:28 am Post subject: 

Reptilus Rex
Reptilus Rex

Location: In Urwaldland, blowing smoke rings in the Hookah Lounge
I underwent a lot of emotional and verbal abuse growing up and into my young adult life. Never was quick enough to come up with a satisfying comeback on the spot, or aggressive enough to simply beat the piss out of everyone who insulted me. All I hear is that those people were "bullies," that it's "over," or I'm told to "consider the source." I also get told I'm not trying hard enough to get over the abuse, which I assume is what everyone who sees that modern therapy and drugs don't work will think. If the treatment isn't working, the patient must be doing something wrong. Cancer patients don't hear that. Why should someone with depression hear that?
I'm currently so depressed and unable to cope with stress that I can't hold down a normal job, or even summon the motivation to regularly clean myself. All I want is revenge. I'm assured that all of the people who abused me are living horrible lives, but I don't believe it. It might be true, but I'm not seeing how horrible their lives are. I know at least one of them is addicted to crack, but he still gets high and is able to dodge those pesky child support payments, so he must be having some fun. I want those people to suffer like I am, or at least suffer by my hand.
Honestly, I'm tired of this thread too. Imagine my chagrin as I came back from my hiatus to see this thread had indeed grown since my last visit.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35