The Truth (As I see it)

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by Grossenschwamm, Apr 16, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Charonte

Charonte Member

Morever it's your belief of yourself as divine that convinces me you're crazy.

Though, I have the the feeling that Xyle was the lunatic in question at the time of that particular statement.

2. General Mandible

General Mandible New Member

That's what I mean by...something I said earlier. That you just think you are and that is what makes you so.

But I really know how it is to be paranoid like that. It happens sometimes after I've been drinking. How is your paranoia specifically? Totally irrational fear or something that could be real?

3. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

He fights demons dragonball z style so obviously realistic.

4. General Mandible

Yeah, but that part doesn't have to be the paranoia. And if it is, there're different ways to deal with it, doesn't mean the fears aren't realistic.

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're just as crazy as him.

6. General Mandible

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I've always been afraid of the dark, for unrealistic reasons. In my dreams (during childhood), demons and monsters would always come out of the darkness to kill me. It's only been recently that I was able to fight back and protect myself while dreaming. Though, because while I'm awake and in my bed I constantly feel things touching me when the lights go out, I'm afraid there's really something in the darkness that at least wants me to fear it. It's the same sensation I get when I'm being watched, but I never actually see anything. This leads me to believe it's all in my head, but the fear I have is real. Also, when I'm extremely stressed, I feel that people are plotting against me, to bring me harm.
    Mandible, it might just be better to go with your accusations of insanity, because regardless of whether or not you are crazy, the people here will call you it.

8. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Most children were afraid of the dark at some point. Just your typical case of harden the Fuck up.

9. General Mandible

So I noticed. But I don't mind, I'm used to it. Most of the world I know would also call people here crazy or weird for caring so much about a game, so I don't really see it as a bad thing, just that you're not like everyone else.

I have somewhat of the plotting against me, but that's not people I know, but people I know of. For some reason, I dunno. Because when I drink I remember nothing and change completely and don't know what I do.

10. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I thought that was the point of drinking.

11. General Mandible

True, to a degree. It's just not as fun when you think people are out to kill you or you wake up with a smashed up hand. Or with blood on you you don't know how got there.

12. Xyle

Xyle Member

Demons and evil spirits. Visions and dreams. Scriptures (the Christian Bible) speaks of them and most who would call me crazy don't believe in God nor the Scriptures.

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:" Joel 2:28

Hallucinations or Visions. I think the difference between them is Purpose. Visions have a purpose to express a spiritual mystery which is part of reality. Hallucinations have a purpose of separating your mind from reality. In the past, drugs were deliberately taken as in order to have visions so I would reckon that hallucinations express the inner world just as dreams do.

"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;" 1 Corinthians 12:8

Knowledge of things that one cannot possibly know can from God to aid us. Or from the spiritual dark places to hinder us. All that reveals is light. As my mind is revealed to another, it must be of the Light. And considering the events that lead up to it (which were also spiritual in nature) I believe that my relationship to my soulmate is a gift. Even though it can be emotionally taxing.

----

Of course, the advantage of knowledge of the Scriptures in this regard is that my beliefs about myself are treated as part of my religion instead of some form of insanity. I may be crazy, but I am NOT mentally ill.

90% of the world believes that there is a god. The remaining 10% considers them crazy. This I do not take offense to. But don't use the world insane unless you're shrink and qualified to do so.

----

I mention demons because the nature of the nightmares suggest such, but Scripture warns about removing unclean spirits without providing a spiritual substitute (such as the Holy Ghost). Therefore, I would suggest the church and the road to salvation for those so troubled.

13. Charonte

Charonte Member

Mate, as an under-qualified and uncertified drunkard, I can say with absolutely 100% certainty that you're completely fucking insane.

14. Smuelissimo

Smuelissimo New Member

If you're looking for a substitute for unclean spirits, try online poker. It's entirely unclean-spirit-free. Just make sure you stick to the low stakes tables. And by low stakes I mean $0.02/$0.01 - that way you can spend the whole night on a losing streak and it will still only cost you a few dollars.

15. Jazintha Piper

Jazintha Piper Member

Dear Gross,

You are the god of your own world. As I am of mine.

Love,
    Piper.

16. Xyle

Xyle Member

Calling yourself a drunkard, while calling me insane, lowers both us beneath perfection, and, therefore, is accordance with the concept of equality inherant in the law of Love which states "Love your neighbour AS yourself." So how can I take offense to that?

No, that is not what I meant when one shouldn't call another insane. But why dwell on the issue? Those capable of the meaning-that-demeans are also those that can't tolerate Crazy and would avoid this thread. So rather than take it as a warning not to call me insane, take it as defense against those that do -- if someone calls you insane, sue them for slander or libel, but only if their meaning is such that they actually offend.

17. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

I see the problem here. I had the same confusion myself, until a judge told me that I'd misread that particular law, and I was thrown in prison for sexual assault!

18. Xyle

Xyle Member

Well, there's your problem, it is a Spiritual law not a Carnal one.

19. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Let me guess Xyle (I assume that's supposed to be 'exile' and not Zyle). You're a charismatic, right?

20. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

When did Terra-Arcanum become the 'Asylum Resident's Community'?

Our Host!