What has happened to the English Languge?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr.Bomb, Aug 12, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Do you find that speaking in full, unbroken, and lacking in modern slang English, is considered outl

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

He acts better now compared to the last two times - and he hasn't broken any rules yet?

2. RodneyDale

RodneyDale New Member

3. C64

C64 New Member

wobbler, trolling isn't some magic reset switch that makes everything you spew automatically okay. If you can't grasp that concept, then you're hopeless.

4. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Did not HWLFP had Chukka and Hellobolove (sp?) as well? I still remember his lousy poetry and that Frigo placed those pictures. Yes, he is acting at this moment much better than some years ago. Atleast, he is'nt threating anyone anymore.

PS: Are Vorak and Xz really gone? That's because they both are still in the usergroup.

5. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Vorak and Xz are gone in the sense that they do not come here on a regular basis. That doesn't change the fact that they are admins, wther or not they are present.

And DE still frequens the forums which you can see by the simple fact that he have posted here during the past week.

And C64, trolling doesn't make anything okay. But the troll lives on your irritation and anger, so you don't reason with the troll. You ignore it.

Have you ever heard the term "Don't feed the troll".
    Can be applied on every troll.

And even if someone says something, that doesn't mean that's what they stand for.

I could spam this entire forum with "I hate jews, I hope they die" but that wouldn't mean that I actually wants them dead. Most probably I would just do this to get an reaction from the forum. If you can't grasp that concept, then you're hopeless.

6. RodneyDale

RodneyDale New Member

7. wobbler

What hit halfway through my post was the fact that he actually might be trolling me. Decided to post it anyway, didn't want to throw away my work.

8. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Wobbler, you don't need to say anything anti-semitic to get a reaction when your grammar evokes plenty of ire. Though I must say, you've been getting better.
    The magic of the troll permeates all aspects of the forum, and the only way to avoid it is to simply banish all emotional attachments and sentimentality. At least, that's what I did.

9. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

A troll being trolled decides to troll to redeem himself. I need to write this into a screenplay and make some money. Hell they made a movie about Facebook why not The House of Lords.

10. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

The NC-17 rating would limit the audience and therefore the profit.

11. C64

C64 New Member

wobbler-
    It wouldn't mean that you wanted every Jew dead, no. It would just mean that you were okay with pretending that you did, which isn't something to brag about either. Since we're all just restating the same positions at this point, I'll just point to that Vonnegut quotation again and call it a day.

(And yeah, I was pushing that a bit on purpose. Writer's block makes me cranky. Today was much more productive.)

12. wobbler

C64, how can you tell the difference between someone that pretends to hate jews and someone that actually hate jews?

And do you care more when someone pretends to hate jews than when someone actually hates them?

And if someone pretends to hate jews just to tick you off, why do you think they will listen to reason?

Wait, you ARE trolling me!

And thank you Gross, it's nice to hear that I am getting better.

13. C64

C64 New Member

Serious answer? You can't tell the difference because they're both saying the same racist crap -- for all practical purposes the two are indistinguishable, so the distinction is largely moot. Which only serves to prove my point, really: you need to be careful what you pretend to be, because you are what you pretend to be.

And no, neither variety is going to listen to reason. They are, however, going to have to listen to me calling them bigots, and that always bothers them (look at how quickly Rodney started in with the "hey whoa it was only a troll I don't really mean any of what I just said").

But again, we're just repeating ourselves at this point.

14. wobbler

You reason fails. Let me point out a few qoutes from rodney Dale.

The only reaction I can find is when you call him postmodern. He doesn't seems to care what you call him and didn't admit to troll until I brought it up. He has never even said anything about withdrawing his statement. All he did was stop his racist splur, most probably because the trolling got boring. So your point is invalid.

15. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

Words of wisdom right there. Frankly, emotion should never really come into play in any kind of intellectual discussion...or anti-intellectual for that matter.

You can't be serious.

16. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

17. RodneyDale

RodneyDale New Member

I really do find this place fascinating. Such different and wonderful people, each with their own opinions, thoughts, levels of intellect. It's really quite astonishing. However, you "C64" are like a completely wet sponge. You are full of shit and unfortunately your limited capacity prevents you from absorbing any new information. Go back to church and worship your middle eastern deity.

18. C64

C64 New Member

Sorry Rodney, I'm an atheist. You are objectively bad at insults.

And wobbler, take a look at your quotes again. We've got inordinate anger at minor needling, attempted justification via an appeal to common practice fallacy, feigned indifference, and an attempt to derail via impotent shit-flinging. Yep, he's unfazed all right.

19. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Here's my two cents. This kind of racism against blacks is almost non-existent in the Netherlands. (Yes, we have them in the times of the Golden Age as slaves.) It is there, but not as bad as it is/was in America. No separate places where only blacks live (ghettos). Today, some people here in the Netherlands have more problems with Muslims.

PS: Is the name C64 based on the one and only Commodore 64? (I miss sometimes those good old days.)

20. wobbler

Well of course. I mean, they blow things up.

Our Host!