[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Do you find that speaking in full, unbroken, and lacking in modern slang English, is considered outlandish or strange?
Yes 30%  30%  [ 6 ]
No 70%  70%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 20
 PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:53 pm Post subject: 

Water Merchant

Grakelin wrote:
He comes back every three months. He's only stuck around this long because Xz and Vorak, who usually hit the ban button first, aren't around anymore.

He acts better now compared to the last two times - and he hasn't broken any rules yet?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:13 pm Post subject: 

Banished to the void
Banished to the void

You have listed five. That's disappointing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:24 pm Post subject: 

Expert

wobbler, trolling isn't some magic reset switch that makes everything you spew automatically okay. If you can't grasp that concept, then you're hopeless.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Did not HWLFP had Chukka and Hellobolove (sp?) as well? I still remember his lousy poetry and that Frigo placed those pictures. Yes, he is acting at this moment much better than some years ago. Atleast, he is'nt threating anyone anymore.

PS: Are Vorak and Xz really gone? That's because they both are still in the usergroup.

Last edited by Arthgon on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:37 pm Post subject: 

In the Trousers of Time
In the Trousers of Time

Vorak and Xz are gone in the sense that they do not come here on a regular basis. That doesn't change the fact that they are admins, wther or not they are present.

And DE still frequens the forums which you can see by the simple fact that he have posted here during the past week.

And C64, trolling doesn't make anything okay. But the troll lives on your irritation and anger, so you don't reason with the troll. You ignore it.

Have you ever heard the term "Don't feed the troll".
Can be applied on every troll.

And even if someone says something, that doesn't mean that's what they stand for.

I could spam this entire forum with "I hate jews, I hope they die" but that wouldn't mean that I actually wants them dead. Most probably I would just do this to get an reaction from the forum. If you can't grasp that concept, then you're hopeless.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:25 pm Post subject: 

Banished to the void
Banished to the void

This Wobbler is bang on the money.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:40 pm Post subject: 

In the Trousers of Time
In the Trousers of Time

What hit halfway through my post was the fact that he actually might be trolling me. Decided to post it anyway, didn't want to throw away my work.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:52 am Post subject: 

Reptilus Rex
Reptilus Rex

Location: In Urwaldland, blowing smoke rings in the Hookah Lounge
Wobbler, you don't need to say anything anti-semitic to get a reaction when your grammar evokes plenty of ire. Though I must say, you've been getting better.
The magic of the troll permeates all aspects of the forum, and the only way to avoid it is to simply banish all emotional attachments and sentimentality. At least, that's what I did.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:19 am Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

A troll being trolled decides to troll to redeem himself. I need to write this into a screenplay and make some money. Hell they made a movie about Facebook why not The House of Lords.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:02 am Post subject: 

Good Sir Knight
Good Sir Knight

The NC-17 rating would limit the audience and therefore the profit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:06 pm Post subject: 

Expert

wobbler-
It wouldn't mean that you wanted every Jew dead, no. It would just mean that you were okay with pretending that you did, which isn't something to brag about either. Since we're all just restating the same positions at this point, I'll just point to that Vonnegut quotation again and call it a day.

(And yeah, I was pushing that a bit on purpose. Writer's block makes me cranky. Today was much more productive.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:24 pm Post subject: 

In the Trousers of Time
In the Trousers of Time

C64, how can you tell the difference between someone that pretends to hate jews and someone that actually hate jews?

And do you care more when someone pretends to hate jews than when someone actually hates them?

And if someone pretends to hate jews just to tick you off, why do you think they will listen to reason?

Wait, you ARE trolling me!

And thank you Gross, it's nice to hear that I am getting better.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:42 pm Post subject: 

Expert

Serious answer? You can't tell the difference because they're both saying the same racist crap -- for all practical purposes the two are indistinguishable, so the distinction is largely moot. Which only serves to prove my point, really: you need to be careful what you pretend to be, because you are what you pretend to be.

And no, neither variety is going to listen to reason. They are, however, going to have to listen to me calling them bigots, and that always bothers them (look at how quickly Rodney started in with the "hey whoa it was only a troll I don't really mean any of what I just said").

But again, we're just repeating ourselves at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:18 pm Post subject: 

In the Trousers of Time
In the Trousers of Time

You reason fails. Let me point out a few qoutes from rodney Dale.

Quote:
Who the fuck said anything about being edgy or postmodern

Quote:
I'm a complete bigot but to be honest, most people are bigots

Quote:
I have no problem with you calling me those things at all. I obviously don't give a fuck.

Quote:
C64, your tongue must taste like shit at the moment. Grow a pair of balls, be cool and get racist.

The only reaction I can find is when you call him postmodern. He doesn't seems to care what you call him and didn't admit to troll until I brought it up. He has never even said anything about withdrawing his statement. All he did was stop his racist splur, most probably because the trolling got boring. So your point is invalid.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:43 pm Post subject: 

Water Merchant

Grossenschwamm wrote:
....and the only way to avoid it is to simply banish all emotional attachments and sentimentality. At least, that's what I did.

Words of wisdom right there. Frankly, emotion should never really come into play in any kind of intellectual discussion...or anti-intellectual for that matter.

Zanza wrote:
... Hell they made a movie about Facebook...

You can't be serious.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:56 pm Post subject: 

No Hole is Sacred
No Hole is Sacred

Saw this trailer in the cinemas a week ago.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 pm Post subject: 

Banished to the void
Banished to the void

I really do find this place fascinating. Such different and wonderful people, each with their own opinions, thoughts, levels of intellect. It's really quite astonishing. However, you "C64" are like a completely wet sponge. You are full of shit and unfortunately your limited capacity prevents you from absorbing any new information. Go back to church and worship your middle eastern deity.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:46 pm Post subject: 

Expert

Sorry Rodney, I'm an atheist. You are objectively bad at insults.

And wobbler, take a look at your quotes again. We've got inordinate anger at minor needling, attempted justification via an appeal to common practice fallacy, feigned indifference, and an attempt to derail via impotent shit-flinging. Yep, he's unfazed all right.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:00 pm Post subject: 

10th level Paladin

Here's my two cents. This kind of racism against blacks is almost non-existent in the Netherlands. (Yes, we have them in the times of the Golden Age as slaves.) It is there, but not as bad as it is/was in America. No separate places where only blacks live (ghettos). Today, some people here in the Netherlands have more problems with Muslims.

PS: Is the name C64 based on the one and only Commodore 64? (I miss sometimes those good old days.)

Last edited by Arthgon on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:03 pm Post subject: 

In the Trousers of Time
In the Trousers of Time

Well of course. I mean, they blow things up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:21 pm Post subject: 

Expert

True. Every country has ostracized minorities, the only thing that changes is the details.

And yes, it's C64 for Commodore 64. I've got one that's still hooked up and working, although I do need to recalibrate the disk drive.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:21 pm Post subject: 

Optically Challenged
Optically Challenged

Who? The niggers?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 pm Post subject: 

Expert

Hello, bigot. Rodney has made you redundant.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:26 pm Post subject: 

Optically Challenged
Optically Challenged

Bad Rodney. Very bad Rodney. You shouldn't make people redundant.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:31 pm Post subject: 

Banished to the void
Banished to the void

C64 I still don't understand what your trying to prove here. By counter-pointing everything that wobbler has said, you seem to be proving that I am infact not a troll.
This is the really simple ideal behind talking to someone like you.
I will say anything to get you to react.
The game seems to be for you, to try and prove that I am in some way different from you and that my beliefs or ideals are a load of horse shit, but more importantly, to prove that I am in some way affected by what it is that your saying.
You see, I enjoy taking the piss. As such, the game for me is to wind you up like a clock. By the way, nice one being an athiest. Earned yourself some "cool points" there. Twat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next