[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:16 am Post subject: 

Apprentice

I don't know if this is a problem with this patch or with the game in general but I have just gotten to the vendigroth ruins and after killing so many spiders, about 20-30 I begin to crash out of the game if I , or my followers attack another Arachnix or spider.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:20 am Post subject: 

DingDong09 wrote:
I don't know if this is a problem with this patch or with the game in general but I have just gotten to the vendigroth ruins and after killing so many spiders, about 20-30 I begin to crash out of the game if I , or my followers attack another Arachnix or spider.

This could happen if you have incorrectly installed the level cap remover, that is, you haven't put the extended XP table into the 'data\rules' folder.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:41 am Post subject: 

Apprentice

Drog Black Tooth wrote:
DingDong09 wrote:

This could happen if you have incorrectly installed the level cap remover, that is, you haven't put the extended XP table into the 'data\rules' folder.

That sounds like a reasonable explanation however I never installed a level cap remover, should I? Your explanation is reasonable btw, I am only 1000 XP away from lvl 50.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:46 am Post subject: 

Hm, have you installed the official patch BEFORE installing the UAP? If there's no file named Arcanum4.dat in your Arcanum folder, then you haven't.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:48 am Post subject: 

Apprentice

Drog Black Tooth wrote:
Hm, have you installed the official patch BEFORE installing the UAP? If there's no file named Arcanum4.dat in your Arcanum folder, then you haven't.

I recall that I followed a guide, the game also says that it is 1.0.7.2 but judging by the lack of Arcanum4.dat, so apparently no I have not and I have been playing the game fine till now.

Is there any way to fix this?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:52 am Post subject: 

Make a clean reinstall, install the official 1.0.7.4 patch, then the UAP.

Even the installer says that you need the official patch first, Jesus Christ, people, how hard can this be?!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]