Sometimes people say the funniest shit...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiao_Caity, Jul 20, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

So, I was kinda dreading today, because my Mum doesn't teach math anymore, and the teacher taking over doesn't quite get why stuff like significant figures is important for a science course. *sigh* But he said the weirdest thing this morning, and I need to share.

"Emo, we can test for that too."

As you can imagine, I disappeared under the desk in hysterics, as did several of my classmates. And the teacher still doesn't get why the concept of being able to test for emo sets us off.

Can you imagine the AD CAMPAIGN for that?

:lol: *is completely useless now, she's too busy laughing*

2. Charonte

Charonte Member

I'm finding it hard to put that into context XD Why would your maths teacher care about emos? Still though, would have been a moment.

But yeah I've never understood sig figs in chemistry either. I mean, if they're already approximations then shortening your results to x number of places constantly is just compounding the error. Pointless.

Edit: This for relevance and because my leg hurts.

3. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Test for emo?

What the hell ass balls...

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Easy.

Just tell everyone to roll up their sleeves and conduct a quick wrist examination.

Even ex-emos will be caught this way.

5. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Step 2 - Treatment
    Emoism can be cured by the application of a real cut. The kind that makes you know what kind of meat your flesh can be compared to, and say 'fuck!' in one of the most appropriate contexts your mundane life will present.

Testimonial
    You'll never want to see a fucking blade again afterward.

Next: We discuss the subject of over-exposure to Ghost in the Shell.

6. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

I like to imagine that whenever you post it was because a cat accidentally walked across your keyboard.

7. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Ah, of course, because of my obviously slurred speech and horrifying grammar.

8. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

I'm still not quite sure what prompted the comment. I think he was aiming at something else and got a bit lost.

(Significant Figures don't come in until after you've done all the maths. You have to use them to make sure that you're not implying that your measurements were more or less accurate than the devices you used to get them.)

9. Charonte

Charonte Member

That's not the way we were taught (my chem teacher failed at life, but anyway).

Even then I don't see the point - Poor example, but say you're dividing .55 (that's 2 significant figures) by 2, which is .275. Logically then you should round up to .28 (or even down to .27), which despite being 'accurate to two sig figs" plainly isn't the answer. Sure .01 is not a massive difference at all, but I don't know. Seems useless when all it takes is to write down one more digit to be 100% accurate... I suppose that's why I'm doing more maths than chem

Fucking hell, waking up at 3 to study obviously wasn't the smartest thing.

10. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Actually, the method I used once that works well:

Step 1) Pin Emo individual to ground. Preferably in/near bathroom with medicine cabinets. This makes more sense in following steps.

Step 2) Vigorously rub/agitate the cuts emo individual has placed on body. Be sure to check inside of thighs if their wrists come up clean! Provoking blood flow from as many cuts as possible is your goal.

Step 3) While maintaining a pin on emo individual, proceed to pour rubbing alcohol on their cuts. If this cannot be found, salt works as a moderate substitute.

Step 4) As emo individual cries and suffers from their cuts, proceed to steal/hide/destroy all of their blades. Then leave before they've recovered, ensuring your safety.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I suddenly feel a rush of enlightenment as all my questions regarding Mr. Van Stran have been answered.

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

The point being, if you weigh something on a balance that gives a result of 0.55, you cannot then say that half the weight would be 0.275, because your balance isn't that accurate. On a balance that only goes to two decimal places, you've essentially got yourself a situation where your 0.55 could be anything from 0.545 to 0.555 or even 0.54 to 0.56. So the result for your example would be something like 0.28 +/- 0.005. It gets complicated.

Yay for testing and the multiple fucking retarded guidelines they bring.

13. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

At the risk of outting myself as an emo sympathist or worse yet enthusiast, I'd like to remind the court that it's not like emo has contributed nothing toward the enrichment of our lives.

14. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Emoism has contributed to my life in negatives. My friends turned emo, and their falsely wise words then began to embarrass me. Subsequently, I vowed never to traverse the same road to ruin.

I have one rule. Any person who uses a line of lyrical text as their personal message on messenger is an influencee, and therefore not intelligent enough to be considered an individual, which is what they try to be. In groups, naturally. Go figure.

15. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    First off:
    My gods, woman! Learn to cuss!

Secondly:
    [​IMG]

16. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I watched this video. I expected the end to be some fucking funny, anti-emo remark. Instead, I watched some faggoty-ass music video by a long haired crack job who looks like he got shit out by Marilyn Manson after Green Day spent an evening plowing him in the ass. MCR is absolute filth. This new-age, indie/scene/emo music bullshit sucks a fucking cock, and all of these gender-confused faggots wearing tight jeans need to be castrated so we don't wind up with an entire generation of faggoty kids ruining our fucked up country any more than it already is. My god, I want to move to another country, in hopes that these faggots exist as an American phenomenon, and haven't encompassed the world with their needle-dicked filth. Fun fact you fucking faggots: if your parents are rich, but you choose to shop at Val U Village and Ross and shit like that? That doesn't mean you're poor! Daddy is still driving you and all your whore little friends in a BMW or Mercedes. Go smoke the cock of the thin, tall faggot in the corner who looks like he's going to cry anytime some pudgy bitch that reminds him of his ex looks in his general direction. I hope all you little scene/indie/emo kiddies catch some fucking STD and die, you slimy little sacks of shit.

17. Minuos

Minuos New Member

There'll be many an STD their way, I assure you. I've known numerous, and they all seem to resort to 'whoredom' because they think acting dirty makes them more unique. Sadly, they're spewing from the gutters in England, and likely many other countries as well. That said, they aren't the only group of people who need a good kicking. But damn, do they need one.

As I once said to my whinging father; let's see you deal with a real problem.

18. Mesteut

Mesteut New Member

I could've found this post amazingly funny (plus Legendary), if Turkish wasn't the excellent language to create innovative curses. Also, we have emos even here in Turkey, so it's pretty much as global as you can get. You can always go to a Communist or an African nation in war to not see them though.

19. Charonte

Charonte Member

Nothing crawling out of the gutters down here. Only decent thing about living in tasmania, cultural divide is so small that emos practically don't exist. Honestly, I can only think of 4 or so full-on emo's in my school. Actually that might be because I tend to get abusive when they get close.

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

You're from Tasmania too, Charonte? Holy fuck, small world!

And yeah, we are mostly free of emo and the taint it brings here. I think it's because we tend to abuse them into submission.

Our Host!