Magick Restoration Patch v120422 *UAP Compatible*

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Cloaked Figure, Oct 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. zerotol

zerotol New Member

warning : download contain VIRUS. :eek: :x :-x Virus scan it first.

2. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I hope that you are not fooling around zerotol. Also, I think that it is time that you read the FAQ, or else you will have aquintance with The Shovel of Gravedigging!

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

My antivirus didn't find a thing.

4. Cloaked Figure

Cloaked Figure New Member

This guy is just an idiot from RPGCodex with a chip on his shoulder.

5. moonlight

moonlight Member

I must thank you for your work but please could you upload the mode on other sharing sites like mediafire or zshare :)

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

There's a question I wanted to ask, and since the thread is already refreshened...
    I couldn't make the 'Merge With Stone' spell work. It refused to be cast on a building's wall. Does it require, in any case, a specific wall or something like that to work properly?

What's wrong with Rapidshare?

7. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Whenever I try to download the damned file I either get 'your ip is already downloading' or the download limit has been already exhausted. And considering how rarely I remember to check for files to be added to the DL section, rapidshare has been the main reason I'm so slow updating the list. Why can't people use sites like fileden ?

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Propably because - like me - people didn't encounter such problems and are unaware that others may have them. That plus the fact, that Rapidshare is the first site that comes to mind when one wants to upload something.

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Then there's the facts that Rapidshare doesn't use page-hijacking ads, nearly illegible access codes (gotchas ?), or hide the download link in small print in an obscure section.
    That's why I use it.

10. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I am using Fileden. The only problem with it is that you have to login again after some time.

11. Cloaked Figure

When I was testing it I tried it on Shrouded Hills, on Ristezze's place and the blacksmith place and it worked. I simply cast the spell on a wall (no visual effects happened on the wall) and I was able to walk through it.

Try this, wait until night for everyone's doors to be locked. Cast the spell on a wall and try to go inside the building. If your character goes through the wall, then that's good. If he doesn't then tell me, and I will re-test the spell and see what is wrong. There might be a flag on some walls to prevent the spell.

Since I'm going to split the MRM into two separate mods (one with stable spells that do not break the game, and one with the more unstable spells) do not bother hosting this latest version. I'll release the new ones later on using fileden or something and notify you, if that is OK.

I'm splitting it up because I realized that there are a lot of spells (Whisper to Shadows, Water Walk) that I just HAVE to try and restore, even though the spells were taken out for a reason (Water Walk for example, makes you able to completely skip Shrouded Hills by crossing the river with using the bridge.)

The 'stable' version will contain Repel Flames and Poison. The 'unstable' one will have Wind Walk (I have to add custom lines to the spell to make the dodge effect) and Merge With Stone which is unbalance for obvious reasons, as well as a bunch of other un-restored spells (which I believe are mentioned in the readme file.)

People looking for a legitimate play-through can use the stable MRM and people who just wanna play around with some fun spells can use the other one. :)

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The spell works. I guess I didn't make enough research. Since it's a spell requiring lvl 5 I didn't get a new character and level him up just to check that one spell. Instead I launched battle arena module and in there the spell for some reasons didn't work on the walls (all other "new" spells worked normally). Yet it works fine in a normal module, or at least for those walls I checked.

Would it be possible to make an installer in which one could choose which spells does he want to add? This way instead of the stable/unstable mods there would be one mod in which one could choose the combination of spells which fits him most.

13. Cloaked Figure

Hello everyone.

I'm back after a short hiatus and will continue on with modding Arcanum.

If a mod or admin could please update MRM Edition 3 located in the download section with MRM Final Edition I would be most grateful, even more so if a note is added next to the download link saying that it is compatible with the UAP..

I have a bunch of ideas bouncing around in my head that I've been thinking about for quite a while. Hopefully I can execute what I have on paper in my mods.

beace.

14. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

15. Cloaked Figure

I quit in September. Been lying around for a few months doing nothing. Decided not to continue since it is not mandatory anymore anyways. So I'm back home for the time being.

16. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

17. Cloaked Figure

I've been accepted at some places in the US and Canada, so I can start in the second term (January) or wait until next year to start in September. It's going to be pretty boring so I've started learning Russian (self taught, making good headway) as well as taking programming lessons to pass the time.

How have you been? Why is your Drog account appearing as a guest?

18. Elder Joachim

Elder Joachim New Member

Well, I hope everything works out for you.

Russian, huh? That's an interesting choice of a foreign language.

It's time to move on, I guess.

And speaking of moving. I'm moving to another country this February, so I may disappear from the community completely. At any rate, I'm not going to have this much time to entertain you with my mods/valuable insight. Ha!

19. Cloaked Figure

Thanks.

I have some Russian ancestry, so yea.

I still have most of the modding advice you've given me saved somewhere. Some of it's been lost though, since my CF account on the Codex has been deleted. Hopefully I'll be OK, I just have a knack for running into problems with my work.

Good luck with wherever your travels take you.

20. moonlight

moonlight Member

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

i really appreciate every single work here but if somebody could provide me with a download link to mrm final edition cause i cant find it and rapidshare does not work with me never so anyone please ?
    could provide me with alink to the mrm final edition link and also custom mod please help moderators or anybody :-(

Our Host!