Arcanum High Resolution Patch

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Apr 14, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a quick update to address a minor bug.

Version 1.1a:

- Fixed a crash when clicking around in character pick/create menu.

2. Mikado

Mikado New Member

Hello Drog, thanks for the awesome patch! Working great, no bugs found.

Q: Is it possible to display interface scaled up to the screen size (at least for 4:3 resolutions) instead of original?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, it's not possible (without redrawing the graphics for a specific resolution, of course) nor desired. No upscaling/stretching/custom graphics will ever be used in this mod. This is the policy of the project which is reflected in the feature list.

4. howareyou32

howareyou32 New Member

thanks Drog Black Tooth.

I hate to star new game, but this is worth a try.

also, do you think you can
    1. increase the speed of the mouse in game a bit 2. also allow us to move the map further and increase the map moving speed especially with your great invention now.

thanks again.

5. Minuos

Minuos New Member

Read this thread: Arcanum command line arguments

In case you don't know how to use them, hit Start -> Run... then type in your Arcanum.exe location with one of the command lines in that thread, changing whatever you feel like. Alternatively you can create a shortcut to your .exe file and modify its command line in 'properties.'

Example:
    D:\Sierra\Arcanum\Arcanum.exe -scrolldist:0

That would make the map scroll distance infinite, as Drog explained in the thread.

6. howareyou32

howareyou32 New Member

thanks guys. that is great help.

i found out that will not allow us to move that far even though we can see there. oh well what a bummer.

7. Charonte

Charonte Member

Thanks for the mod, Drog.

I can confirm that for the most part it works in Linux under Wine with the -no3d -doublebuffer arguments. Scrolling seems 'jumpy' but that may be more of a symptom of the engine.

Also, small bug when using the default scrolldist at at least 1280x1024, occasionally the vertical direction (it may also be horizontal, hasn't occurred yet) will 'lock', not allowing you to scroll further up without first scrolling horizontally. It might be related to the character going offscreen, not sure.

Again, sorry if this has been reported before, just mentioning the problems I've had.

8. TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump New Member

I just wanted to say how glad I am to see that this site is still here, and that so much work is still being done for Arcanum. Still one of my all time favorite games, and my favorite CRPG. :)

Thanks to you all, and a gulper of grog.

The Auld Grump

9. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin New Member

Just to let you know how much I appreciate this mod, thank you!

10. Bullet

Bullet New Member

:( i cant get the download..is there perhaps another link.. it just tells me The requested URL /highres.html was not found.. :( please help..

11. Charonte

Charonte Member

:( http://terra-arcanum.com, in the downloads. On that note someone should probably update the first post in this thread.

12. Bullet

Bullet New Member

Thank You so much..

13. Demorion

Demorion New Member

Hi

While installing 'arcanum_highres_HighRes1.1a' met a problem with size 18 dialog fonts. It sais 'not found'. What does this mean? Can you help me to solve the problem? Thank you.

14. stubbie

stubbie New Member

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but.....

is there anyway this mod can be used with a nocd or something similar so I don't always have to use my cd to play the game.
    Because the mod changes the exe file my old nocd wont work.

I am using the mod with my retail version of the game and it works great but I always try to run my games using a nocd hack.

Please don't attack me for asking this question. I have a legit version of the game that I bought. But like every other game that I buy retail (as opposed to downloaded versions like Steam) I like to not have to bother with using the cd.

thanks for any non flaming responses :)

15. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, stubbie!

I'd suggest downloading the UAP and swiping the nocd exe from it.
    Although the high-rez patch should be compatable with any version, Drog did tweak the exe a bit, so maybe that'll help.
    On second thought - you really should use the entire UAP. It really, really improves the game.

16. Arbiter

Arbiter New Member

The link isn't working for me, anyone got a mirror?

-arb

17. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Arbiter!

You can find it in the downloads section/Arcanum/High Resolution Patch.

18. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

Thanks Drog!

I finally got a new computer and excited to play through again with something that can more than keep up with Avernum. I'm glad I stopped by TA and saw your patch

19. kelticpete

kelticpete New Member

looks great. but am having problem will map scrollings

when I move the arrow to the map icon to scroll the map for travel, it only goes down and right (south and east)

not sure why i have this bug and others have not.

20. firebringer

firebringer New Member

Hey guys I posted this question in teh hints and tips thread but maybe it applies here moreso.

Like the poster above, I can't get teh no-cd uap arcanum.exe and teh 1.1a hi-res patch to work together. If I copy the uap patched .exe over the hi-res patch'ed .exe I lose the hi-res stuff and if I use the 1.1a hi-res patch'ed arcanum.exe I lose the no-cd functionality and who knows what other functionality from teh UAP.

How do people get them to work together? It seems both the UAP and the hi-res patch copy new versions of the arcanum .exe into the /arcanum folder.....so no one version has both sets of fixes!

Me am confused!!!!

Thanks in advance...

Our Host!