VFX signup

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Jan 21, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Is this the shit or what?

1. Yeah!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. OH Yeah!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I hope Wolfsbane burns at the stake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

I never lost interest, but I just don't know if I have the time for this (I am supposed to be studying as I type this).

2. Telcontar

Telcontar Well-Known Member

Good luck Wolf. The majority of people have voted than you burn at the stake which is not a good start to the thread. Once again the RP forum fails to deliver a full script.

3. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

I have found myself short of time. I'm going to write thechar right away.

This is what I have at the moment.

Pankas Silverkin

Not much is know about the past of Pankas Silverkin but the little people has found out is that he’s not from around here. He rarely is. Often he was born in another dimension where he grew up as a on of the best theoretical mages. He has yet to find someone whose knowledge on different kinds of magic overwhelms his own. After he grew up he managed to uncover the secret behind planeswalking, and can practically move through time and space hinderless.

He has not always been loved, nor has he always done so good in battles and other as he think that he has, but nevertheless, confident in himself, he has signed up in the gladiatorial championship in order to Victory.

His appereance is not much to cheer for. he is 5 feet and 3 inches tall, has white lenghty hair with no beard. He often wears a black robe, since he favor the contrast between the black robe and his white hair.

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

You could try. The games will be booked on a date where both contestants are able to contribute to the fight. The rest of the time, you don't even have to be here.

@Wobbler: Nice! You're now accepted into the competition and ready to go!

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ah, what the fuck, I'll give it a go. I've been wanting to use this character again since I left Battle Forum.

Poppy 'Popinjay' Jeremiah.

In another life, her name was Skeith von Damcyan, the only child of the half-demon known only as Lady Sin. A tiefling in a world where demonic blood was akin to a death sentence, as she grew she learned to focus her inherited powers and use them to defend herself and destroy those who came after her... and the fact that they also made her a consummate thief certainly didn't hurt.

Underneath it all, though, she just wanted leave, to go far away and find somewhere where she wouldn't be hunted. And slowly, surely, her blod responded. During a battle, she desperately needed to be in a different position to fend off her foes... and with a pop like the sound of an air gun, she was there.

She worked at her newfound power, pushing herself to her very limits each and every day, until the day she felt ready to make the jump across dimensions...

A small and seemingly unimposing young woman, Poppy hides a lot of power in her short frame. Her eyes are blood crimson, as is her hair, and faintly glowing scarlet runes trail up her arms, down her spine and around her legs, flaring into brilliance when she uses her powers. She usually wears a fine gray waistcoat and trousers, a pristine white shirt, and glasses (although the last of these are merely an affectation, to aid in her current disguise as a young scholar).

Apart from the ability to 'pop' around at will (which makes her a right pain to fight in melee), she can conjure and control fire, using it as both shield and weapon, and she can hex foes with temporary weaknesses. She also carries a brace of throwing knives and several sets of lockpicks, and she's an expert with both.

6. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I'm in, and I shall try to have the time.

I have only the name of the character:

Name: Draxius
    Race:
    Occupation(Class):
    Background:
    Powers:
    Gear:

PS: Which Races and Occupations(Classes) are allowed?

7. Wolfsbane

Great going, both of you! Now, if nobody else decides to join in, we can at least have a semi-finals to start with!

@Arthgon: You can be whatever race or class you like. The point is to make the most badass fighter your imagination can summon.

8. Arthgon

Okay, Here is more of my Character:

Race: Mind Flayer
    Occupation(Class): Cult Sorcerer
    Background:
    Powers:
    Gear:

When I get back from my work, I shall work on the background, gear, and powers.

9. Wolfsbane

10. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

I'd guess it's a tentacle monster of some sort, but then again I tend to get my hopes up too early.

11. GarmGarf

GarmGarf New Member

12. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Name: Pendleberry Gray
    Race: Human
    Background: Pendleberry came from 16th century France, before hijacking a mad scientist's time machine! Now, he cruises through time, collecting equipment and knowledge.
    Powers: Pendleberry is a master fencer. Also, he's a crack shot with a sidearm, such as a musket. He also has a special time belt, that slows down time, giving the illusion of incredible speed.
    Gear: His timebelt, as well as a rapid fire musket, and a beam rapier.

13. Arthgon

Yes, GramGarf, that is a Mind Flayer. Now my Mind Flayer is a bit special:

Race: Mind Flayer
    Class: Sorcerer
    Powers: Mind Blast, Psionics, Improved Grab, Extract, Spells
    Gear:
    Background: Draxius was born in the bowels of The Undark in a Mind Flayer Cult city. When he became an adult, he had a high position in the Cult. And that is, because he is of the strictly Male gender, and he also have a human-like male sexual organs.(not like any normal Mind Flayer) Through his high position, he could seek the highest form of dark sorcery without being checked by the other Mind Flayers. Using his foulest magic, he sacrificed the cult to The Crawling Chaos, and became more powerfull. After this unspeakable deed, he left the area, to find more power. Among the way to the surface, he killed and slaved many Humans, and Elves. Finally, when he came to the surface, he came across this gladiator arena, and checked himself in.

14. Wolfsbane

All right, five fighters! I'll add Grakelin to the list of contestants asap.

If no sixth fighter enters, I'll be forced to create a fighter of my own.

15. The_Bob

You can count me in as long as there's gonna be a tentacle monster.

My character:

Va'Ul is the name that a certain piece of cursed armor was given, back in the days the universe was young and its fabric not yet clearly defined. The name is said to mean 'Will-to-Fight' in the ancient tongue of the supreme beings responsible for its creation. It wasn't always a suit of armor, taking forms as subtle as a ring and impressive as a whole war machine, it traveled all of the universe, throughout billions of years, serving its intended purpose - bringing war to whatever world it happens to visit. This embodiment of war has one fundamental flaw - it needs a master. While capable of creating a lot of havoc on its own, only with a proper individual giving it a sense of direction is it capable of unleashing its full potential.

Unfortunately, its current master is about to 'expire', having his lifespan extended by tens of thousands of years, the will to fight has pretty much burned out in his faintly beating heart. The dried-out husk of a man, trapped within the metal golem's body, looks nothing like the great warlord he once was. Or was he ? His memories had long been replaced by the maelstrom of his armor's experiences, great battles and stealthy skirmishes mangled with visions of whole civilizations burning and glorious conquests coming to bloody, desolate endings. And the vast nothingness that remains after Va'Ul leaves a ravaged world.

Having noticed his powers dwindling, and his current possessor's end being near, Va'Ul has directed itself toward the best place to find a worthy new master - an open tournament, organized by beings not that far apart from himself. His master had forced him to sign up and go through with the formalities, rather then simply attack the strongest individual before the contest has even begun.

Since the arrival of the robed giant, there's been a rapid increase of violence on the streets, and a great inflow of participants to the tournament. The current form the armor has taken is common to the end of each of his owners' cycles. A tall (nearly 8feet tall) and thin plate armor, obsidian black, modeled after a starved body - clearly contoured ribs and collapsed stomach, thin limbs with protruding bones and even slightly accented veins. There aren't any other decorations other then anatomical motifs. They are, however, detailed enough to convince an unsuspecting observer to think the armor is indeed alive. The helmet is modeled to resemble a human head with a demon mask bolted to the skull. The eyes on the mask are closed, and there aren't any breathing holes to be seen either.

Covered with thick robes, helmet hidden under a large, improvised hood and war boots wrapped in rags to keep attention away, the giant lugs around a tightly packed sack, almost as tall as he is, containing an assortment of weapons. There he keeps his long, thin sword, an axe attached to a length of chain and stuffed beside them a heavy long bow with some arrows. The weapons however, are not what usually kills his enemies. It's the experience the armor carries, the terror and the visions of past conflicts, which can paralyze almost any combatant. These shadows of the past can sometimes be far more real then Va'Ul's opponents would like - along with an army of spirits drawn to the immense destruction that follows his footsteps.

16. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Man, that thing is going to kill my time-travelling musketeer.

17. Wolfsbane

Or, you say something snappy and cut it in two with your beam saber.

The alternative is, of course, to get beaten into a bloody pulp.

18. The_Bob

A question regarding the setting - where and when are we fighting ? I wouldn't mind it to be some sort of a gateway town a'la Planescape, or simply an unsuspecting settlement that was randomly chosen to be annihilated by the oncoming tournament.

Will there be an arena or will the opponents be dropped in some city areas where they start the fight, able to use terrain to their advantage (eg. snipe opponents from a 6th story window or collapse a whole building on top of them) ?

Is the setting medieval, steampunk or futuristic ?

19. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

To be honest with you guys, I believe that Xiao's ability to poof in here and there is what will win the tournament, comparing characters right of the chart.

20. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ah, my dear little Popinjay. Physically unassuming, deadly as hell when riled. Not that I plan on teleporting away from all hits, though, I'll take my medicine and then force a fireball down yer throat.

Our Host!