Vormantown finally accessible - get AWIP 4.0 today

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by mathboy, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mathboy

mathboy New Member

People have been dreaming about visiting Vormantown from the main Arcanum module for seven years now, and finally, in AWIP 4.0, it's possible to visit the previously inaccessible region.<blockquote>New for this release:
    1) The successful merging of the Vormantown module into the main game. If you've ever wanted to take your Arcanum PC to Vormantown or Priscilla Penn back to Arcanum, here's your chance.

This addition is still over 90% original. I added some dim lighting for the back rooms at the Vorman mansion, bypassed the end screens, created a bit of final dialog with Shackleford to end the adventure, replaced some teleport scrolls with healing ones, and reset two teleports to a more logical location.</blockquote><a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/rroyo/AWIP4.0.exe">Download it here!</a>

<b>Thank you rroyo!</b>

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I'll try it out as soon as someone figures out how to run Arcanum in wine. :p

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

A weird side effect is that AWIP 4.0 causes the game to function flawlessly in Vista without using compatibility mode, for me at the very least anyway.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Cool! Maybe another bug got fixed. :D

Our Host!