[Search] [FAQ] [Register] [Login] [Usergroups] [Members] [Rules]
[Terra Arcanum] [Forums] [Gallery] [Downloads] [Troikapedia] [Arcanum Wikia] [Troika Games]

Support Terra
Arcanum:
Good Old Games

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:53 pm Post subject:  More fixes from Drog Black Tooth!

Obey your Master
Obey your Master

During our downtime, Drog Black Tooth was working as hard as ever and updated his fanmade fix not once but twice! So head on over to the <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/dload.php">Download section</a> and grab <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/fixes/UAP080425.exe">UAP080425</a> or, should you prefer a slightly older version, <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/fixes/UAP080420.exe">UAP080420</a>.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:58 pm Post subject: 

Lord

I would like most recent 1 without Summons fix in it I like being able to make perminant summons.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:28 pm Post subject: 

Unfinisher Extraordinaire

Sounds like the dude got his panties in a twist over some PMs or something over there. He was doing amazing work and inspiring me to make an actual finish to this damn game, but he's quit for some inexplicable reason...

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=513723#513723

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:46 am Post subject: 

Oohh... I'm scary!
Oohh... I'm scary!

Location: In the Admin Panel, hovering over the delete user tickbox in your profile.
There are accusations of plagiarism on a Russian forum. This is what babelfish says.

NOTE: Those links don't seem to work at the moment as all I get are blank pages. Not sure if that forum is having trouble or quite what. Either way, I think the gist of the accusations are that Drog Black Tooth basically pinched a Russian Arcanum patch and tweaked it. Their complaint was he was taking credit for it and he didn't actually do anything.

Not sure if any of that is true though as my Russian isn't that good (read: I don't speak Russian).

Moo... Moo... I'm an Interplay Cow.

Complexity is only simplicity multiplied

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:21 am Post subject: 

Almighty Polar Bear
Almighty Polar Bear

I didn't see anything really insulting, what the hell happened?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:30 pm Post subject: 

I'm sexy. Uhuh. Uhuh.
I'm sexy.  Uhuh.  Uhuh.

noy LBTSEFUS, BZHZHFBT RBFYUB - RMBZYBFPT! to lTEDYFU 1 UYEOLU OBDP RYUBFSH, VMYO. to dKhNBEFE, YOPUFTBOGKH FTKHDOP RETECHEUFY of 1 BDBRFYTPCHBFSH RBFYU ABOUT TKHUULPN? yeTKhODB.

???

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:14 pm Post subject: 

Obey your Master
Obey your Master

This is what babelfish says.

Russian translated to English sounds cute.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:59 am Post subject: 

Oohh... I'm scary!
Oohh... I'm scary!

Location: In the Admin Panel, hovering over the delete user tickbox in your profile.
Situation resolved. All is well. Drog is back to modding.

Moo... Moo... I'm an Interplay Cow.

Complexity is only simplicity multiplied

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:48 am Post subject: 

Water Merchant

Location: In the Boil, killing members of whichever gang you like more.
I have noticed a few similarities between DBT's patch and on made by Da Real Asrudin (or Fluffy Wolf) which I downloaded only for the sake of looking for bugs to fix myself. I took DBT's advice of finding software to compare files, and a few of his .dlg's are exactly the same, which is odd considering that even such patched files still contain errors. I have never used the Grand Fix or even really taken a good look at it, but I have always held the Russians in high regard.

I admit that i have made a few changes that I haven't yet submitted to DBT, in part because his patch doesn't credit others. More importantly, though, I am trying to get my own mod out by the summer. I think that DBT has his own approach, and it's good for the game, but I somehow doubt that it could ever be a team effort on the fixing side, although the identifying bugs side seems to be going very well.

There seem to be a lot of comments about this on rpgcodex but not much here. Do anyone besides DU and rroyo have similarly named profiles on there?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:57 pm Post subject: 

Untrained

team a wrote:
I admit that i have made a few changes that I haven't yet submitted to DBT, in part because his patch doesn't credit others.
Drog Black Tooth wrote:
If somebody experienced enough submits me a fix, I'll add it to the patch after testing it thoroughly. As I stated in the first post. And yes, that person will be credited.

Quote:
I somehow doubt that it could ever be a team effort on the fixing side, although the identifying bugs side seems to be going very well.
Drog Black Tooth wrote:
I'm pretty much sure that this project should be turned into a well organized community effort.

Well, you can offer him your help if you want to form a team with the purpose to fix Arcanum.
He's not a bad guy like those russians (btw, they compared files and apologized for their accusations) and some Codex' angry cunts are trying to depict him.
I see no point in many bugfixes when there's a good opportunity to form a community like CO8.
Give it some thought, please.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:43 pm Post subject: 

Water Merchant

Yes, I read all the way through the forum "drama" post later last night, and I read what you quoted, so I'm going to approach DBT once I get some more free time. Since it was 5 AM, I went to sleep instead of editing my post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:40 am Post subject: 

Nice to see this rolling again. Drog does do good work, but it would seem he's something of a delicate genius....

It's not nice to see that fucking drama and retardedness still rule the world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:53 pm Post subject: 

Nasrudin's Apprentice

Location: Down by the campfire light with the ghost of old Tom Joad
Welcome to America

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:26 pm Post subject: 

Water Merchant

i hear him, though. glad the shit with the russians got cleared up though. it's no good to see the best minds fighting each other.