More fixes from Drog Black Tooth!

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dark Elf, Apr 25, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    During our downtime, Drog Black Tooth was working as hard as ever and updated his fanmade fix not once but twice! So head on over to the <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/dload.php">Download section</a> and grab <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/fixes/UAP080425.exe">UAP080425</a> or, should you prefer a slightly older version, <a href="http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/fixes/UAP080420.exe">UAP080420</a>.

2. Darkform

Darkform New Member

I would like most recent 1 without Summons fix in it I like being able to make perminant summons.

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

There are accusations of plagiarism on a Russian forum. This is what babelfish says.

NOTE: Those links don't seem to work at the moment as all I get are blank pages. Not sure if that forum is having trouble or quite what. Either way, I think the gist of the accusations are that Drog Black Tooth basically pinched a Russian Arcanum patch and tweaked it. Their complaint was he was taking credit for it and he didn't actually do anything.

Not sure if any of that is true though as my Russian isn't that good (read: I don't speak Russian).

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I didn't see anything really insulting, what the hell happened?

6. mathboy

mathboy New Member

noy LBTSEFUS, BZHZHFBT RBFYUB - RMBZYBFPT! to lTEDYFU 1 UYEOLU OBDP RYUBFSH, VMYO. to dKhNBEFE, YOPUFTBOGKH FTKHDOP RETECHEUFY of 1 BDBRFYTPCHBFSH RBFYU ABOUT TKHUULPN? yeTKhODB.

???

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

9. team a

team a New Member

I have noticed a few similarities between DBT's patch and on made by Da Real Asrudin (or Fluffy Wolf) which I downloaded only for the sake of looking for bugs to fix myself. I took DBT's advice of finding software to compare files, and a few of his .dlg's are exactly the same, which is odd considering that even such patched files still contain errors. I have never used the Grand Fix or even really taken a good look at it, but I have always held the Russians in high regard.

I admit that i have made a few changes that I haven't yet submitted to DBT, in part because his patch doesn't credit others. More importantly, though, I am trying to get my own mod out by the summer. I think that DBT has his own approach, and it's good for the game, but I somehow doubt that it could ever be a team effort on the fixing side, although the identifying bugs side seems to be going very well.

There seem to be a lot of comments about this on rpgcodex but not much here. Do anyone besides DU and rroyo have similarly named profiles on there?

10. Ander Vinz

Ander Vinz New Member

Well, you can offer him your help if you want to form a team with the purpose to fix Arcanum.
    He's not a bad guy like those russians (btw, they compared files and apologized for their accusations) and some Codex' angry cunts are trying to depict him.
    I see no point in many bugfixes when there's a good opportunity to form a community like CO8.
    Give it some thought, please.

11. team a

team a New Member

Yes, I read all the way through the forum "drama" post later last night, and I read what you quoted, so I'm going to approach DBT once I get some more free time. Since it was 5 AM, I went to sleep instead of editing my post.

12. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Nice to see this rolling again. Drog does do good work, but it would seem he's something of a delicate genius....

It's not nice to see that fucking drama and retardedness still rule the world.

13. GrimmHatter

GrimmHatter Active Member

14. team a

team a New Member

i hear him, though. glad the shit with the russians got cleared up though. it's no good to see the best minds fighting each other.

Our Host!