Arcanum:WIP 2.2 (Beta) Now Available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Oct 28, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. team a

team a New Member

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. I think I have only 1 map that isn't based on a completely water-type map, and it's one that I'm going to re-create later once my worldmap is done and I've filled in enough places in that area to allow the PC to go there.

As for lighting schemes appearing map default when you know another scheme is being used, this has to do with a file that I don't think is mentioned in the worlded manual or DarkUnderlord's Amtut.

Under the folder for each map, there should be 2 text files. One is startloc.txt, which is set by right clicking in worlded and selecting "set as start location." (I think that's just for multiplayer. It's been a few months, but I think worlded 1074 uses "set as start location" to set both this text file and the entry in maplist.mes.) The second text file is mapinfo.txt.

take a look at mapinfo.txt for Ashbury Haunted Castle (Arcanum/modules/arcanum/maps/ashbury haunted castle/mapinfo.txt):

LightScheme:2
    SoundScheme:13,39

Map default isn't a lighting scheme: it just refers to whatever values are set in mapinfo.txt for that map. When a map is created, it doesn't have a mapinfo.txt file, so the assumed lighting scheme is 1 (Lighting Default, i.e. the main Arcanum map lighting scheme). If you don't want to set your lighting schemes (or sound schemes) manually, you can create this file yourself. What you might want to do is just copy the one from "maps/Shrouded Hills-Panarii Temple Lev 1" and drop it in your other SH maps, and it'll play the sound scheme from there too.

2. charmedmeat

charmedmeat New Member

frustration in Iron Clan

Ok, I'm completely screwed it appears. First off, I am really beginning to despise the new iron clan area. It's waaaaaaaaaay too huge, with no clear cut direction, as to where to go, or clues as to how to navigate.

I'm totally lost, every area that I think will get me to the quest ending treasure is blocked off, and from what I can tell, I've explored the whole thing (no I'm not planning on spending 3 hours retracing my steps through all the exits/entrances). Does anyone have a map, or some directions? Otherwise, I guess I'll have to chuck AWIP out the window and go back to replaying via the original.

3. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

First off - Welcome to the forum, charmedmeat!

Sorry to say but the only map is the townmap with that section.

I'll have to agree that the Iron Clan is now a bit disorienting and to ease your delema some, while you were prowling around you should have found two notes and as you get to the river separating you from the treasure room, there is a body, a wrecked automoton, and a hole in the floor.

The body & such should tell you there's another way to get to the doors.
    The notes will inform you of where to find the other entrance and where to start looking for the key to the King's safe.

In a worktable at the far right of the map is the note about the other entrance.
    In the bones at the destroyed refinery is the note about going to Caladon.
    Watch Bingham when you get to Caladon. He has the key, but not on him.

4. charmedmeat

charmedmeat New Member

Ok I found the note, but it didn't appear to make any sense. Mentioned something about the west enterance. Is that west as in inside the location, or West as in outside? Is there more than one note? How exactly am I supposed to find the refinery? I don't recal any location marked as such, and the map is too big for me to scroll for a ? mark.

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

West entrance - as in outside and follow the mountains west for a little ways. When you see some trees, you're there!

The refinery - there is an area inside the mine where you exit the normal mine-shaft and onto an area made from the Void Island art. Look for a metal bridge, cross to the next island, look for another bridge, cross to the next island, and you can't miss it. That's where you will find the second note.

6. charmedmeat

charmedmeat New Member

Ok, I've found the treasure room, but what about the original armor and hammer that completed the quest? Also it never seemed to trigger Magnus' dialog as I recall it did originally.

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Both the hammer and armor got moved into the one I.C. container that remains in the throne room.

Not triggering the dialog: Odd - Other than adding the passageways from the entrance and resetting the teleport coordinates on the throne room door - the entry area was largely untouched.

I did a couple dozen enties with Magnus (and Loghaire) just to make sure there would be no problem.

8. charmedmeat

charmedmeat New Member

Ok, another question, just purchased a boat to head to thanatos, but the boat itself in unresponsive, and Captain Teach no longer gives a dialog option. Broken script?

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Personal opinion: I would say it was a glitch, but you're having two problems at once.

I imagine you tried the scene again from an earlier save.
    Have you tried doing a cold boot of your computer? (Shut down without saving then restart.) Sometimes that helps.

Beyond that I just don't know what to tell you.

10. charmedmeat

charmedmeat New Member

Haven't tried yet, I'll do so tomorrow. I found the container, grabbed the loot, but no dialog afterwards. Maybe my memory is failing me, but I do recall hearing something from Magnus after getting the stone.

11. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

I also got the boat bug after buying it. Loaded up a previous save and happened again. Re-installed and same thing, I did however notice a scratch on my disc, so I am going to try and clean/repair it and start over. Will update when I get to that point again.

Just thought of something that I didn't do before wiping out the game. Did you try travelling to another town by other means, and use the ship from there? Maybe it is localized to Blackroot only.

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I'm trying to remember here - but I'm pretty sure I tested that routine by teleporting in, then using the ship.

Our Host!