Arcanum Modding Tutorial (AMTUT)

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by DarkUnderlord, Aug 18, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Amtut is coming over. I've just got a few bits of code to tidy up first but I'd say within the next week or so, Amtut will be up over here and the downloadable version added to TA's downloads.

2. DarkUnderlord

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

What ever happened to part 5 DU?

4. DarkUnderlord

5. Quaid

Quaid Member

AMTUT Questions:

1. How much AM would an AMTUT TUT if an AMTUT could TUT AM?

2. I've gotten through the lake, 3 buildings, and the lamp posts with light part of the tutorial (great job by the way). I have figured out "de-weeding" and getting rid of objects like beds and chests (the button with the "do not" symbol on it [circle with a line through it]). I am having trouble getting rid of a wall i placed out in space. I've tried the "do not" button, I've tried the "firecracker blast" button (from the Build tab, while CNTRL-clicking). According to the tutorial, I believe one of this should get rid of the wall. I also noticed neither was working on any of my roofs. I have 1.0.7.0 WorldEd. Help?

3. I compressed the file, and then deleted the folders with the same name. Worked fine in Arcanum. But when I went back to WorldEd, I couldn't load my "Village" map (it had no map choices under the "Open" command). When I tried it again without deleting the folders, everything seemed to work in Arcanum and WorldEd. Can I simply leave these folders intact, or am I setting myself up for catastrophic failure down the road?

6. rEt.aR.d

rEt.aR.d New Member

1. Quite alot (i think :D ).

2. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but try ctrl - (/) ing. It can sometimes be hard to click the right spot.

3. I find that you don't need to compress each time. Just don't have a DAT and a folder!!!!!! (that's bad!). As for not seeing your map, go to File -> Save As (and unlock). That should do the trick!

7. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

all of the resources on the resources page give the following when trying to download them :

You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the server3003.freeyellow.com home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

8. Xz

9. DarkUnderlord

Yeah, the whole site needs updating. Resources available that can be viewed online still work. If you want to download them though, don't use the links on the Amtut site, use the download link in the menu up the top here and download them from there.

10. Lab_Rat

Lab_Rat New Member

where can i download all the arcanum dialogs and scripts that appear on the resources page in amtut.terra...?????

11. Xz

I'd like to repeat the above question.

12. MackaN

MackaN New Member

13. DarkUnderlord

Wow. That subdomain has apparently been defunct for a while. I've moved the tutorial to a sub-directory here: http://terra-arcanum.com/amtut/

I was even motivated enough to fix the broken file download links and dig out some old stuff that's disappeared off the net completely.

14. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

Hooray! Thank you for your efforts. I'm thinking I need to dig-out Arcanum again and play it another time or two. :)

15. Archmage Orintil

Archmage Orintil New Member

You were bored.
    You woke up hours before work. Went to work and it took 1/4 the time expected. You went to the pub and 12 beers took only 4 hours rather than 7 hours to drink. You managed to get home while sober and actually are doing the few things around the house you've promised to the wife for 4 years....
    DarkUnderlord, you scare me....

16. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Agreed, AMTUT is such a good guide for basic Arcanum modding that lesser beings than ourselves would shit their pants in fear.

17. Draghkar l'Immortel

Draghkar l'Immortel New Member

Just wanted to post here that the AMTUT is still revelant today as I went through most of it and was able to get quite a bit of stuff done, so many thanks for this guide!!!

Anyway just wondering if there is still a possibility to get the documentation and complete list of the actions made possible in the dialogues (Like G: is for Greetings, T: for trading, and so on).

Also I'm missing the documentation for actions that can be made in scripts, like for example spells: - spells: cast spell 181 on triggerer - would there be somewhere the list of all the spells descriptions like 181 is to make a character drunk, but what are the effects of the 180 spells prior to that ?

Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the forum, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Our Host!