Modding Schematics

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Lab_Rat, Oct 24, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lab_Rat

Lab_Rat New Member

Hello, lately ive been playing again Arcanum after a few years, ive been wanting to do some basic modding but im having trouble with schematics....

For my first edit I just wanted the "Bullets" schematic to produce not 20 but 50 bullets. So I have a clean install with Rroyo's A:WIP, I extracted the schematics.mes file, I locate the bullets entry on the file and change the "2" for "5", however, as soon as I go back to the game I get a crash everytime I try to access the schematics viewer...

It seems im missing something here, anyone got any ideas? most likely its just a dumb detail on my part, thanks in advance.

2. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hello
    I guess the solution would have not been to change the schematic, but the "bullets" proto (.pro file). Because, if you try to place bullets in WolrdEd, it will select 20 by default. I don't know how but that is the number to change I guess.
    :thumbup:

3. Lab_Rat

Lab_Rat New Member

Hmmm, checking the proto file it just treats it as an individual bullet, not the stack of 20, I couldnt find that value anywhere.

Ill keep looking, thanks though :)

4. Lab_Rat

Lab_Rat New Member

Ive worked it out, its not the proto the one that has to be modified, it is indeed the schematics.mes, my mistake was that I was using the original schematics.mes and not the one in A:WIP!

Our Host!