Dialogue require magic/tech aptitude

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by The Pigeon, Jul 19, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

Is there a condition that requires you to have a certain level of magic or tech before a dialogue option appears?

2. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hello :D

WorldEd Manual, page 95/174 :
    So, actually, there should be one. But this section of the manual is really, really badly written, because it doesn't show what abbreviation each condition/result has ($$, ru, ps, ...). It only shows what conditions or possibly tested.

When there is a condition that I don't know testing, I use the script :
    If local 0 (stat 16 of player) if <= X,
    THEN Dialog 100
    ELSE Dialog 110

And in the answers of the line 110, there is the pc's answer which requires the magic tech > X+1.

There is another possibility, the only matter is that the magictech aptitude should not change during the dialogue (because of the end of an effect, ...). Then you can store it in a local variable or a global variable and then test it in the dialogue. A shorter way but, once again, it works only if the aptitude doesn't change during the dialogue.

Another (and last) solution could be find a Arcanum dialog where the magictech aptitude is tested, but I don't know one.

Good luck :thumbup:

Our Host!