Containers, items, NPCs from WorldEd not shown in the game

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Candidus, Jun 28, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Candidus

Candidus New Member

Greetings to all Arcanum players and modders!

Please help me, I am experiencing a problem and couldn't find solution to it.

I'm currently exploring World Editor with the help of mega-detailed Amtut tutorial by DarkUnderlord (which is a truly brilliant work, by the way!) The problem is all containers, items and NPCs ("critters") which I create and which are working correctly in WorldEd - aren't shown in Arcanum when I run the module!

Still other elements - terrain, buildings, scenery (including signed), all kinds of light, facades - are at their places and work correctly.

DarkUnderlord briefly mentions this problem (or something similar):

" Click 'containers', from the drop-down menu and choose 'Empty Chest'. If the chest isn't facing the way you want, click 'edit' and choose the art you want for your wood chest. (Sometimes I find that you have to change the art even if you're choosing the same chest again as the default. The reason seems to be because otherwise, you end up putting in a 'blank' chest. The chest will appear in WorldEd but won't appear in Arcanum because the default art for the chest ends up being 'blank'. This actually happens later on as well when we get to putting in ammo. It took me forever to figure out what was going on. I had all this ammo on the floor in WorldEd but it didn't appear in Arcanum….)"
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/amtut/amtu ... #Chapter10

But in my case no kind of editing can make these things appear in game.

Thank you for any suggestions about possible solutions.

I'm using Windows 7. Arcanum is version 1.0.7.4. with UAP installed. As for WorldEd, I've downloaded the recommended "version 1.0.7.0." (which is actually shown as 1.0.6.9. in file properties).

2. rabidpulse

rabidpulse New Member

You may want to try deleting the contents of the maps folder enclosed within your module's folder. example (\modules\newmodulename\maps) I remember using the car arcanum mod and that was a big one to remember when installing properly. The game tends to create cache files of maps with inventory. Delete those files and rerun your module. Also a new game may also be needed, (not entirely certain that is required)

Our Host!