Help Creating New Armor Set and Modifying Player Animations

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Alamar, May 21, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Alamar

Alamar New Member

Hey folks,

I am trying to make a custom green colored robe, add it to the game data file(s) and then have a GREEN robe animation be visible when my character equips the robe in-game. So far, I am having issues understanding how to add my green robe to the game and then how I can modify the player animation files to reflect the green robe when worn by the player.

Questions:
    1. How do I use Arcanum Factory 1.2's "Armor Factory" interface to add a new armor set to the game data?
    - I already have .ART files for ground, inventory and paperdoll views of the green robe

2. What DAT archive contains the animations for players?

3. How can I modify or add new player animations for a green robed player
    - Example: robed HUM animation files

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers!

2. Nataku

Nataku Member

Re: Help Creating New Armor Set and Modifying Player Animati

Hello ! For that question, I suggest you asking directly on the Arcanum Factory topic. I guess FilthyJack will be happy to help you.
    Adding armors is more difficult than other items, because they have 3 differents arts (ground, paper, inven).

Obvisouly, in ArcanumUndatted/art/critter/... ("..." depending of the race).
    And you can obviously try modifying that files (but modding some animated art frame is always quite tricky)

I hope it will help you. :bunny:

3. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

Re: Help Creating New Armor Set and Modifying Player Animati

Hello,

I know you can add animations but nothing is implemented yet in AF. I guess that's the one last thing to do for ART, after all, how stupid is it to provide a way to create anims if you can't use them :roll:

I don't have much time to work on this but when I do it will be added.
    Sorry this tool is kinda new but I hope it will be as complete as it can.

-If you already have the images (bmp) and art files (ART) for the 3 views, you can use AF menu to Create New Armor art.
    -There you will be asked to import the .bmp and .art for each view.
    -You can only 'select' an animation tho, it will set the armor type too.
    -When you're done save the armor set, restart AF, create/load your armor and assign your new art set to it.
    -Save Armor.

I hope it helps.

Our Host!