Load Arcanum in WorldEd

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by FilthyJack, Feb 24, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

Hey,

I started reading Shiin's post about rroyo and him trying to load arcanum in worlded, once I was able to properly follow their tutorial (I think, cause it works fine) I decided to create a script that will do everything for you.

---------------------------

#Arcanum Module Enabler 1.0

-This script will allow you to open Arcanum as a module in WorldEd.

#Usage

1- Extract the zip inside Arcanum folder (otherwise it won't work).
    2- Double-Click ArcanumModuleEnabler.bat
    3- Sit back and relax while it creates the module (Arcanum\modules\Arcanum.PATCH9).
    4- Launch WorldEd and select Arcanum.PATCH9, use file->open and select a map.
    5- Make your modifcations.
    6- Double-click the RefreshMaps.bat and launch Arcanum normally :]

*Total estimated time: 1 min on a recent computer, might take up to 5 min on minimal specs (extracted folder with uap is ~55mb).
    *A good cpu/ram is expected to be able to use worlded smoothly with Arcanum's huge map, don't try on your mini laptop :p

#Credits

-rroyo & Shiin (Method)
    -FilthyJack (Script)

Download: Arcanum Module Enabler 1.0

---------------------------

*The script will:

-Extract files from Arcanum.dat (only the ones required)
    -Extract files from all Arcanum.PATCH#, from #0 to #8 if they exist.
    -Auto-Rename -fixed folders
    -Auto-Rename MapList.mes -fixed entries
    -Auto-Rename module as Arcanum\modules\Arcanum.PATCH9

*Notes:

-Make sure you have ~500mb free on your HD, you may need more if you have AWIP.
    -If you answer no to 'rename maps' then you'll have to manually rename the map folder and the corresponding entry in Rules\MapList.mes to remove the "-fixed" in their name. (only if you modified a map with "-fixed" name).
    -You can do a diff between a clean Arcanum.PATCH9 and your modified version to only include the files you need in your mod.
    -If you deleted everything you didn't modify and packed it into an Arcanum.PATCH9 file, then you can pretty much share it with anyone, you just need to double-click the RefreshMaps.bat to force your new ones.

Huge thanks to rroyo and Shiin! (Tutorial)

I suggest you read AMTUT by DarkUnderlord for the modding part.

Our Host!