Modding eye candy colour (shade)

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Nataku, Jul 10, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hello everyone (long time ago)
    I'm currently looking for a way to change colors of the eye candies easily (yes, I'm creating a module and I'm still believing in the word "easy" 0:) )
    Until now, for editing/creating art files, I have used Artview and Artgen (thanks Crypton !). But these two wares have a matter :
    -Artview can't be used when there are several frames (animated scenery, eyes candy, ...), it bugs with the colors
    -ArtGen works and creates the art by the ART file doesn't include a code for the height. The consequences are : 1) The eye candy is too low (it could be fixed but adding the good number of transparent pixels under the art but its long to try) 2) THe eye candy frames have not all exactly the same height so, when it's played, it shifts.
    I'm curently looking for other tools (like fixed Artview), if some has a solution, please tell me :bunny:

2. Xayvong

Xayvong Member

Unfortunately, after doing a quick browse on the web, I couldn't find anything.

http://terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... =5&t=18570

I believe this fellow was working on a neat tool, but the fact he hasn't updated his link makes it hard to determine how the program actually works.

Unfortunately, you may have to do it the hard way. Unless you can get a hold of filthyjack from above link, thats all you have to work with.

But, regardless, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavor and that you can make some new eye candy!

*edit* It seems that the arcanum factory tool has been uploaded to the downloads section!

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/ ... ry-1-0.zip

it also comes with additional utilities too, but I'm not sure what these do since I have not yet taken a look at this tool.

http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/ ... esPack.zip

3. Nataku

Nataku Member

Thanks, I will try with Arcanum Factory and I well write here what the result will be.

4. Nataku

Nataku Member

Arg, I have a matter a didn't planed : Arcanum factory only works with UAP but this patch only works on the english version.
    Isn't there a way to make it works on french version Drog ?

5. Xayvong

Xayvong Member

Darn, how unfortunate! I forgot that you're French Nataku. I haven't seen drog in quite some time, well, not that I've been around recently. ....

Perhaps you can work with arcanum factory in an English version of arcanum and then transfer the files over to the French one to test it? I don't know, sounds like a hassle already, but might be worth a shot depending on how well arcanum factory works.

6. Nataku

Nataku Member

Yes, I will try with on my brother computer when he will be back to home.

I thought my bad english remind you of it every times I write a message :lol:

7. Xayvong

Xayvong Member

Normally, that would be true, but with the recent rise of all the illiterate American children, your English is actually quite passable. :lol: although your grammer could use a little work. :roll:

let me know how arcanum factory works for you, because my desire to mod/ add new content to arcanum is rather small. Although I would love to have more tech items in the game. ... :/

Our Host!