[bug] Small basic machined platemail-attack wolves & spiders

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Grieg, May 6, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grieg

Grieg New Member

Here is my bug that I have found (with some help from gog forum):
    When you put on small basic machined platemail you can't attack with ranged and melee weapon any kind of wolves and spiders [and possibly other creatures that I didn't encounter yet]. I have obtained that armor in random encounter: Bounty Hunters sent because of killing-Bates thing.

It can be recreated in this save: sendfile.pl/313359/Save.rar there is 1 wolf to the north. I can't attack with pistol, rifle or swords, yes I have enough strength and I can attack them with throw-weapon like molotov and I can attack other creatures like mages, zombies, etc. When I put of this armor everything backs to normal and wolves can be attacked. Also don't know if it happens only to me or maybe it is common bug or maybe related to this particular armor-only that way obtained. Here a thread related to machined platemail.

Info: I have UAP091225, HQ townmaps, ExtraAnimationUAP, HighRes1.1a, HQ Music and arcanum 50patch for UAC installed.

So is this possible to repair this or maybe some day it will be fixed in the UAC? I don't know how it looks like now maybe there is somebody who still works on small updates.

Edit: I have found out that the same issue is with mountain lions.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Re: [bug] Small basic machined platemail-attack wolves & spi

That's the source of your problem. As first noticed by a fine chap here, the Extra Animation Pack is missing low attack sprites for the small tech plates.

Unfortunately, the issue most probably won't be resolved because, quoting the author of the Extra Animation Pack:
    That being said, for convenience, either leave the small machined plate alone in your game or uninstall the Extra Animations Pack if you prefer to keep using the armor.

3. Leonidus

Leonidus Member

4. Grieg

Grieg New Member

Re: [bug] Small basic machined platemail-attack wolves & spi

Thanks. I firstly encountered it with spiders, maybe that's I didn't find this thread earlier.
    I had to figure out on my own that it is because of this armor.

I like look of this armor.
    All in all I think I will take the workaround than - take off armor during the fights with spiders and wolves:]

Our Host!