Many modding questions

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Stumpy, Feb 8, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Stumpy

Stumpy New Member

So after going through all the undatted art files I saw a bunch of cool stuff that was not in the game. I plan to make a main maodule expansion thing much like hard arcanum. I have modded hard-arcanum before. (new backgrounds, expanded dungeons etc) but I want to know how to do a few more advanced things.

First: How to I get art to show up in world edit and work in game? I got some stuff showing up but when testing in game it just goes all wonky and crashes.

Second: How do I add new schematics? I know this is possible but all the information is scattered. I read that new schematics can only be added to the herbology tree but then some people got it in others. Is this true? There are so many items that are never used that would make great schematic items. I would love to be able to add schematics to craft magical items that require certain expertise in a magical school but I don't think this is possible.

Third: Adding new prototype armors and weapons. From what I understand it is very hard. Again information is scattered. A starting point would be great.

Forth: Adding a new shop npc. Not sure how hard but I will probably figure this one out.

Other: I want to edit the leveling schemes that followers use to make it so they will use points properly for the lvl 127 hack. Can you change it to go above 50?

Any help would be great.

2. Leonidus

Leonidus Member

No one is answering because they either don't know or want you to search on your own, like we all had to. Sorry man. Arcanum is kind of a bitch to mod btw.

3. Bloodspikes

Bloodspikes New Member

I made a tutorial on how to make custom level schemes. You can find it in the modding and scripting forum.

You said you want to add new shop NPCs? Under that you most likely mean NPCs that sell stuff by entering the barter screen through dialogue, right? If that's what you meant -- I can tell you specifically how to make dialogues or if anyone wants I can make a tutorial on how to make complex dialogues and quests, which involve scripting.
    Posting it here would take too much space, I think. So ask me if you're into that.

Leonidus I don't think it is that difficult to mod Arcanum, it just takes a lot of dedication and research.

4. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

Dedication and research is right. I can't remember how many forum posts and webpages I went through to get the info for the world map tutorial.

Custom schematics is something I'd like to know too. Might search the net for that and dig deep into forum sites to see what I turn up.

@Stumpy

Adding a new shop NPC where? To your own custom module or to Arcanum? Because I know how to do it to custom modules.

Our Host!